Fallowfields team to Batter cardiff

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Olsen won't be quite ready for Cardiff Hecky has pretty much confirmed so debate over.

As others have mentioned you don't drop an in form player for one out of form regardless of level of class anyhow.

Fodders keeps the gloves for me until his form drops, even when Olsen available again.

Hole ? We've got Lowe/Stevens/RND/Osborne all top end champ Left backs
The hole is on the left of midfield so whichever of your left back choices you make will be faced with two attackers.
I will now stop Eggan you on.

Hecky has inherited a lot with this squad. One of the better things is genuine competition for the GK jersey.
Foderingham has earned his place in the start line. It’s up to Olsen to prove himself, if Wes gives him a chance.
Having this scenario is a gift for any manager. One starts and he knows there is one on the bench raring to prove himself.
Wes to start and Osborne for Enda. Other than that no issues with the rest.

Has Ndaye been dropped to the U- 23s for a reason?

Hecky has inherited a lot with this squad. One of the better things is genuine competition for the GK jersey.
Foderingham has earned his place in the start line. It’s up to Olsen to prove himself, if Wes gives him a chance.
Having this scenario is a gift for any manager. One starts and he knows there is one on the bench raring to prove himself.
Wes to start and Osborne for Enda. Other than that no issues with the rest.

Has Ndaye been dropped to the U- 23s for a reason?
He hasn't been dropped to the u23s

I’m not convinced Olsen is raring to do anything, to be honest. Not with us, anyhow.

He’s looked slapdash and non-committal when playing, he appears to have built no relationship at all with supporters, and the talk around his loan back in the summer suggested he‘d much prefer to be at a ‘bigger’ club and may only have wound up here, at the very last minute, because he lacked offers elsewhere.

Add his bloody awful recent form to that lot, and it’s No Stress Wes for me at the moment, every time. (We could definitely do with a proper imposing keeper again, though, for sure).

Does Olsen really lack so much personal and professional pride? If he does, then maybe we need some one else to step up and challenge Wes?

ive not been impressed with olsen but most games he played under slav we played with a suspect back 4 now weve tightened up with a back 3 think he will be more confident in any case think hecky will be looking to bring a new keeper in next summer

This Saturday will be a whole different ball game. Long throws into the box, plenty of corners, bombarded with high balls. Olsen instead of Wes, could Mcburnie get a outing? Need some strength and muscle out there from minute one. Sorry Wes but they'll hammer you with those tactics.

This Saturday will be a whole different ball game. Long throws into the box, plenty of corners, bombarded with high balls. Olsen instead of Wes, could Mcburnie get a outing? Need some strength and muscle out there from minute one. Sorry Wes but they'll hammer you with those tactics.
I think those are fair comments, but you just can’t drop him on his current form. He’s sat and been patient, been a figure of fun for a lot of the time since he moved here, yet played himself into the side and earned the shirt in a real underdog fashion. I think it would send a damaging message to the rest of the squad that as soon as the guy earning loads of money that has performed poorly is fit, he’s straight back in. We want the likes of Mcburnie and Burke to be inspired to follow Wes’s lead and come from the wilderness to earn their shirt.

Olsen is not fit, Norwood is Doubtful, Berge not ready for 90 minutes Brewster is also a doubt We deserves to keep his place UTB

I think those are fair comments, but you just can’t drop him on his current form. He’s sat and been patient, been a figure of fun for a lot of the time since he moved here, yet played himself into the side and earned the shirt in a real underdog fashion. I think it would send a damaging message to the rest of the squad that as soon as the guy earning loads of money that has performed poorly is fit, he’s straight back in. We want the likes of Mcburnie and Burke to be inspired to follow Wes’s lead and come from the wilderness to earn their shirt.
Definitely agree with you but think tomorrow will be a , let's bombard Wes, he's not the tallest. Only reason my thinking on Olsen is for that. Wes 100% deserves his place he's earned it, I'm thinking horses for courses. Hope they have a plan to combat their tactics. Read someone's post they have Vaulks, Keifer Moore and Flint for these tactics.

Strong start from hecky hopefully the start of giving players more of an opportunity ( as suggested previously in my line ups) hopefully we can get some momentum and get up into the play offs this squad is easily good enough for that playing the right way to suit them

-----In Goal Sweden's no1 Robin Olsen----

---Bogle ------ Bash-----Eggan-----Davies-----Enda

----------Berge-------------Norwood---------

---------------------MGW----------------

---------------Didzy-------Brewster-------
Think your team is spot on except put Wes in net... done nowt wrong to deserve dropping.

Bench: Sharp, McBurnie, Hourihane, Ndiaye, Osborn, Baldock, Olsen

Definitely agree with you but think tomorrow will be a , let's bombard Wes, he's not the tallest. Only reason my thinking on Olsen is for that. Wes 100% deserves his place he's earned it, I'm thinking horses for courses. Hope they have a plan to combat their tactics. Read someone's post they have Vaulks, Keifer Moore and Flint for these tactics.
Doesn't matter how tall you are if you don't move from your goal line, have arms made out of jelly and hands made out of weetabix.

Doesn't matter how tall you are if you don't move from your goal line, have arms made out of jelly and hands made out of weetabix.

To say he has hands made of Weetabix he must have done well to play in the champions league in a world cup quarter final and play for one of the biggest teams in Italy Roma

To say hes done that with hands made of weetabix shows he has something about him

Think your team is spot on except put Wes in net... done nowt wrong to deserve dropping.

Bench: Sharp, McBurnie, Hourihane, Ndiaye, Osborn, Baldock, Olsen

Wes will obviously start as olsen is injured

If brewster is injured id play mcburnie instead alongside didz

Dont play sharp as we cant build a long term team around him

The thread is about the Cardiff match, not a long term team!

Yep agreed. Was tempted to say start McB with Brewster, but Didzy is too good to bench, makes our team tick... We are gonna need height vs this cardiff lot so i agree, Sharp shouldn't be making the first 11

Fingers crossed Brew aint injured, he was in the presser so i wonder if that indicates he is available?

To say he has hands made of Weetabix he must have done well to play in the champions league in a world cup quarter final and play for one of the biggest teams in Italy Roma

To say hes done that with hands made of weetabix shows he has something about him
1638532027036.png

Roma didn't play him that much though did they?! The other teams didn't either.

If that’s true, why wasn’t he in the squad against Bristol City, but picked up a game for the U23s instead?
He was in the squad to face Bristol City. He wasn't in the squad to face Reading because Slav thought that would be beneficial to him

Strong start from hecky hopefully the start of giving players more of an opportunity ( as suggested previously in my line ups) hopefully we can get some momentum and get up into the play offs this squad is easily good enough for that playing the right way to suit them

-----In Goal Sweden's no1 Robin Olsen----

---Bogle ------ Bash-----Eggan-----Davies-----Enda

----------Berge-------------Norwood---------

---------------------MGW----------------

---------------Didzy-------Brewster-------

I would hope Bogle is now Nailed on at RWB it was one of his best performances against Brizzle

Berge has to start now if he is fully fit , he is a rolls Royce of a player him MGW & Didzy are 3 of the best players in the league it is crazy how misused they were under Slav anything other than the play offs this season would be a let down with the quality we have its just a case of Hecky putting Round pegs in Round holes

As for the goalkeeper I don't care how many clean sheets he keeps there is a reason they call him League one wes , he is a bombscare if ever I have seen one as shown when he played a simple clearance to there player last week making a save that any keeper should make does not make him no1

Olsen is an international goalkeeper who has played at the very highest level , maybe with 3 at the back he will look better , he has looked poor this season however not as bad as most on here have suggested

Form is temporary and class is Permanent
FFS. You're balls deep in craziness.

View attachment 125830

Roma didn't play him that much though did they?! The other teams didn't either.

Looking at the figures since he made his debut Olsen has averaged about 17 appearances a season. Hardly inspiring figures and doesnt show him as being Mr Consistent. I just thankful that we only have him on a season loan and that he will be history come the summer. A bad signing.

ive not been impressed with olsen but most games he played under slav we played with a suspect back 4 now weve tightened up with a back 3 think he will be more confident in any case think hecky will be looking to bring a new keeper in next summer
Yes. The team - goalkeeper - defence - midfield - attack - hasn't worked well from a defensive perspective. We haven't conceded a lot of shots, as we've had the majority of possession in most games. But we've been hit on the break and we've struggled at defensive set pieces. This has meant a lot of the shots that has come in have been unchallenged. This makes it more difficult for goalkeepers, especially one that was thrown into the team.

We've found some solidity of late, following a change in formation and also management. Olsen has been injured, so he's not been a part of that. Obviously Wes continues if he does well. If he loses form we should assess Olsen again. There are good reasons for hoping a more solid and organised side will also affect him positively.

What is this?
Are these parody threads, satire?
As a 'standing item', I've seen better.

2/10 wouldn't read again in a hurry. It's no view from.

Back
Top Bottom