Match Thread Everton v. Sheffield United - 21st Sept 19

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

EVER
EVER
EVER

Final

Final
Final
SUFC
SUFC
SUFC
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1568978780521.png v. 1568978788341.png

EPL Week 6 - Saturday 21st September 2019 - Goodison Park

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings
- https://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?match-day/match/everton-vs-sheffield-united.470/

Officials:

Referee:
Simon Hooper
Assistant Referee: Darren Cann
Assistant Referee: Derek Eaton
Fourth Official: Ben Toner
Video Assistant Referee: Lee Mason
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Harry Lennard

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

📺 Live TV Coverage:

Screenshot 2019-09-20 at 12.30.19.png

Last time- a 20 minute rendition of Sheffield United on repeat. Will the snowflake millenials match that?

So after last week's disappointing and to some degree unlucky result, we are back on the road with a very difficult trip to Everton. However, as we have shown already we are definitely not out of our depth in the Premier League, but are missing a clinical edge. First goal today is critical.....

Anyway...

Any team news? :)

Jagielka likely to get some minutes today?

McBurnie and Mousset to start?

Or Robinson?

Time for Ravel to show some magic?

Really difficult game to predict. I'm not really seeing a Blades victory here, but I'm feeling 2-1 or 2-2. I'll go with the latter to preserve our unbeaten away run ;)

Safe journey all. Be safe, be good :)

UTB

🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧🐧

McBurnie and Moose up front with Fleck, Norwood and Freeman pulling the strings in midfield. The rest takes care of itself. Converting our chances is a must today otherwise the doubts will start to creep in.

Fancy us for a good performance. Unfortunately think there extra quality will tell though.

Everton were pants a week ago at Bournemouth. Why should they be so much better today - their support seems a bit meh ATM. Defence needs a good start today because the doubts and mistakes are piling up. Didsy sure to start and in the end cream rises to the top and he will get his goal scoring moment. Not going to get anything v Liverpool next week so we badly need and can get a point today. 1-1. COYRAWW ⚔️⚔️⚔️⚔️

The only changes in the squad will be Jags and Ravel replacing Besic and Sharp. I think the most likely change to the team will be on the strikers. That said, and I know he had a good game against Southampton, but I think in a flat 3 playing Freeman gives us the benefit of someone being able to fill those more advanced spaces, albeit less frequently than would be the case with the Duffy role. If we play Fleck and drop McGoldrick, we’re looking at potentially nobody dropping back from the forward line or pushing on from midfield to fill those gaps in the final third.

I’d like to see Mousset and Freeman come in for McGoldrick and Fleck, but if Fleck starts I’d bring Robinson back in for McGoldrick.

Think this is just another game we have to get out of the way before Wilder plays what he knows is his best team.

Think this is just another game we have to get out of the way before Wilder plays what he knows is his best team.

A challenge is that I don’t think he or we know what that is currently. Last season’s team picked itself and we will probably still be able to name the full XI from memory in 10 years’ time. This season, the midfield and forward lines aren’t in any way as cemented. Ask 5 fans what they think would be the best lineup now any you might get 5 different answers.

I'm hoping Freeman starts. He played well in the first 2 games and I think results have not gone out way since. Putting our chances away will again be on CWs and AKs minds. Stick or twist?

looking at fixtures I think this is a game we have to take points out of because 3 of next 4 home games are Liverpool arsenal & man utd, then we have Tottenham away before man utd. so unless we can create a shock v a big boys we need to take some points in these games

McBurnie and Moose up front with Fleck, Norwood and Freeman pulling the strings in midfield. The rest takes care of itself. Converting our chances is a must today otherwise the doubts will start to creep in.
I agree with all this.
We have some brilliant game changes on the bench but we need to take the chances early, so adding Freeman and dropping McGoldrick is a must for.the first half at least.

The only changes in the squad will be Jags and Ravel replacing Besic and Sharp. I think the most likely change to the team will be on the strikers. That said, and I know he had a good game against Southampton, but I think in a flat 3 playing Freeman gives us the benefit of someone being able to fill those more advanced spaces, albeit less frequently than would be the case with the Duffy role. If we play Fleck and drop McGoldrick, we’re looking at potentially nobody dropping back from the forward line or pushing on from midfield to fill those gaps in the final third.

I’d like to see Mousset and Freeman come in for McGoldrick and Fleck, but if Fleck starts I’d bring Robinson back in for McGoldrick.

I’d go with Freeman replacing Lundstram instead of Fleck.
Even if it’s a flat three in midfield to start with.
Gives us the option of easily switching to and from 3-4-2-1 as required.
Nothing against Lunny but I just think Freeman and Fleck both offer more all round.

Mousset and McGoldrick to start up front for me.
The ideal combination of one striker who can drop deep and link the play and the other who can play on the shoulder of the last defender.
Crucially, he’s able to beat them with skill and pace which is something we’ve not really had before with Sharp, Hogan etc

I thought since then Didsy had picked up a knock and Robinson was back in?

Hate to say it becausr I like Didsy but I hope so. He misses too many chances that we can't afford.

Then again, Robinson has missed a few too.

He’ll give missgoldrick another game....out of pure stubbornness

For me if we are dropping one of the three midfielders it’s got to be Norwood for me

I'd play the XI that got us promoted last season but with McBurnie and Freeman in place of Sharp and Duffy.

That's the best we can do in terms of swapping like for like and not disrupting the way we play.

Throw Mousset and Robinson on in the second half if we're losing.

Back
Top Bottom