Everton game looks huge

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Swannyblade

Reaction score
There were plenty of signs for encouragement last night but we still ended the evening without any points.
With the next game being against Man City, the Everton game now looks incredibly important to how our season will pan out.
We’ll know the shape of our squad by then and it’s integral that we don’t fall into the losing habit. As we saw during the relegation season how battling, narrow defeats can snowball into a bad season if the momentum isn’t addressed.
We’ll need the Lane to be rocking that day and hopefully the players will do the rest. One result and I think the belief will grow in this group - just needs the spark of a win (and a couple more additions in the transfer window 😉)

Let’s hope we have some more signings in and that they are all capable of being on the pitch for that game.

Hecky is getting frustrated like we are.

Seems that the buzz word of ‘patience’ is wearing thin.

It's possible we can go down but I'm not down and out either.

Newly promoted Forest last season were dreadful and picked up scant points during the first third or so of their season. This with them having signed over 20 players and the not knowing what their best team was and hoping at least some of them would gel together. We don't have this problem on the scale they did, we still have a settled and structured team in comparison to what they faced this time last season.

It's possible we can go down but I'm not down and out either.

Newly promoted Forest last season were dreadful and picked up scant points during the first third or so of their season. This with them having signed over 20 players and the not knowing what their best team was and hoping at least some of them would gel together. We don't have this problem on the scale they did, we still have a settled and structured team in comparison to what they faced this time last season.
But the potential of the players Forest signed is far greater than that of our current squad and might explain why they performed better when they “gelled” in the second half of the season. We aren’t going to sign many more so are we really going to get that much better if we start slowly?

But the potential of the players Forest signed is far greater than that of our current squad and might explain why they performed better when they “gelled” in the second half of the season. We aren’t going to sign many more so are we really going to get that much better if we start slowly?

This is what I'd say we're going to find out over the course of the season. We've had to shop in a different market to them (value for money players in the foreign market) whereas they were happy to pay the inflated premium that comes with a British player that had well impressed in a British league (i.e. Gibbs-White).

These 3 games , including Shitty game is our pre season
Our season starts v Scousers
I predicted 2-5 points from our first 4 games it’s still on
UTB
Absolutely pissin miser laughing at Dum pigs 🐷

Remember that Everton are the real crisis team... they really are in the shit and especially if they are relegated at the end of this season.

This is from The Gruardiun,

Their debt stands at £141.7m, they have made a loss of £371.8m over the past three years and they have a £150m loan that would need refinancing in the event of relegation. Given how interest rates have risen over the past year, and given a Championship club clearly does not have the revenues of a Premier League club, that would inevitably be on significantly worse terms. Interest repayments are already believed to be costing almost £50,000 a week.

Those financial issues could have direct consequences. While some expenditure can be offset as investment in infrastructure, Everton may still be in breach of the Premier League regulation that losses must be limited to £105m over a three‑year period and could face sanctions – including a potential points deduction – at a hearing in October.

They’re not gritty overachievers any more, or Joe Royle’s dogs of war, still less the fluent champions of Howard Kendall and certainly not the School of Science. To most potential transfer targets, they’re just strugglers a section of whose fans will confront you in the street or abuse you online if results are poor.

Last edited:

These 3 games , including Shitty game is our pre season
Our season starts v Scousers
I predicted 2-5 points from our first 4 games it’s still on
UTB
Absolutely pissin miser laughing at Dum pigs 🐷

Not to be the bearer of bad news but 2-5 points from the first 4 is extremely unlikely now, as we’d need something from the city game.

Although not impossible, I don’t think anyone believes realistically anyone can hold off City for a point.

That’s not a slight on us, but there’s only a handful or less of teams in this league who might be optimistic of getting “something” from playing them, and we’re not one of them.

I’d say it’s a gimme, as it gives us another chance to bed in some players and get the defence sorted between Egan and Anel, who’s covering who, and how we deal with threats to the box and goal as a unit, as opposed to as a group of individuals.

Watching them against Villa at the moment… they look absolutely shite. We have simply got to win the game. Transfer window is closed by then & the following games are spurs, Newcastle, West Ham, Fulham, Man U & Arsenal after that 🙈
Last time we were in the prem we registered our first point v Fulham in the 5th game & then got our next point in the 14th game away at Brighton. Our first win came on the 12th January, our 18th game. We simply can’t afford to be like that again.

Not to be the bearer of bad news but 2-5 points from the first 4 is extremely unlikely now, as we’d need something from the city game.

Although not impossible, I don’t think anyone believes realistically anyone can hold off City for a point.

That’s not a slight on us, but there’s only a handful or less of teams in this league who might be optimistic of getting “something” from playing them, and we’re not one of them.

I’d say it’s a gimme, as it gives us another chance to bed in some players and get the defence sorted between Egan and Anel, who’s covering who, and how we deal with threats to the box and goal as a unit, as opposed to as a group of individuals.
Surely if we beat Everton we get three points which is between two and five

The Lincoln game is get a full strength team out all new signings go for it
Not sure about this that would give some players 3 games in 7 days.
We haven't got enough players to do a full change injuries permitting we may be able to start with most of those who usually sit on the bench.
(I don't think there is any penalty for fielding a weakened team.)

Not sure how they can have debt of £141m and a loan of £150m that would need refinancing if relegated, how can their debt be less that the loan which is a debt?

Not sure how they can have debt of £141m and a loan of £150m that would need refinancing if relegated, how can their debt be less that the loan which is a debt?

I'm no accountant but this is from what I posted yesterday evening from the article in the Graurdienn in reference to Everton...

Their debt stands at £141.7m, they have made a loss of £371.8m over the past three years and they have a £150m loan that would need refinancing in the event of relegation.

so if you add all those numbers together, I think it rounds out at about 663 million pounds of money owed.

Consider this, if you are allowed a debt of about 100 million pounds over three years, but your debt at the end of the three years is more than six times that amount... what would happen to you?

Back
Top Bottom