Errea....new kit supplier?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Thoughts on the kit?

• Total voters
Errea have have 10 months to design and make a kit. If the hold up is at their end, there's no excuses. They've managed to release kits for umpteen clubs.

We expected a drop off in finish/material/quality.
We expected a drop off in training gear etc.
But the delays, and the lack of explanation or communication (from manufacturers and club) is tinpot.

Errea have have 10 months to design and make a kit. If the hold up is at their end, there's no excuses. They've managed to release kits for umpteen clubs.

We expected a drop off in finish/material/quality.
We expected a drop off in training gear etc.
But the delays, and the lack of explanation or communication (from manufacturers and club) is tinpot.
Do you reckon United have had a word with em telling em to get a shift on and Errea have put the brakes on for a laugh? I don't know if there's a delay clause in the contract but considering other clubs have theirs, seems odd we don't. And I'll again refer to us not even seeing a finished article anywhere. If one even exists? Maybe they're making 50 or so, just for the playing squad? The rest? We'll have to wait. But worst comes to worst and its September/October....would you be happy paying full price? I know the product is the product and still has a price tag, but these have a 12 month life to them. We reduce kits at Xmas because they have 5 months left on them. Same should apply. Fiver off the RRP

I had it. Think it was in the days of Veron / Barthez.
White one side, gold the other. 2000/01.

I remember it felt weird on because you could feel the print of the badge & sponsor if you wore it with the gold on the inside.
If you wore it with the white on the inside the badges were embroided.. so itched your nips.

100 year anniversary in 2000ish I think, awful feeling shirt. We have one, along with a pukka era, felt numbered 94 home 'Cantona 7' , a 96 home 'Beckham 10' and a 98 third kit.

They are my wife's before anyone asks. She was a Man Utd season ticket holder between 94 & 06. She's got a pile of them back at her parents house, but those were her favourites.

Do you reckon United have had a word with em telling em to get a shift on and Errea have put the brakes on for a laugh? I don't know if there's a delay clause in the contract but considering other clubs have theirs, seems odd we don't. And I'll again refer to us not even seeing a finished article anywhere. If one even exists? Maybe they're making 50 or so, just for the playing squad? The rest? We'll have to wait. But worst comes to worst and its September/October....would you be happy paying full price? I know the product is the product and still has a price tag, but these have a 12 month life to them. We reduce kits at Xmas because they have 5 months left on them. Same should apply. Fiver off the RRP
I'd have said I was less likely to buy this one anyway, just because I'm expecting the quality to be naff. My eagerness for the kit, is to just get how tinpot it might be out of the way 😆 I had the feeling it'll arrive and we'll be left thinking we deserved better quality. Now, with the delays that just reinforces that view.

If I was going to buy it, I would've never been willing to pay Adidas prices. Certainly not now, after this farce.

Yeh £55 is far too expensive, retro is indeed in but it's just a rip off. I've got the 96-97 Avec shirt which is great, but the sizing is terrible so I can't wear it. As far as I'm concerned, it's just a Sheffield United shirt, it's worth nothing, I'd happily give that away to someone who wants it but Classic Football Shirts are selling it for £90, and they've only got one in a small!!!
Retro might be in but what is funny is these arent 'retro' they were made in Asia 6 months ago, arent realistic as they have no manufacturers logo so look mickey mouse and have a thoroughly modern price tag !!!

If Errea are to blame for the delays, and the upshot is that one of their bigger clubs start wearing the previous manufacturer's kit as a result, so be it. Bit of an embarrassment.
I'm sure, less than a week ago, United announced a new back of shirt sponsor............
Which is Errea's fault, how?

Thats because its Hummel, who make brilliant kits and we really should’ve gone with them, best manufacturers by far. Bespoke designs, high quality, reasonable pricing and good training range.
I like their kits too.

Genuine question though (zero agenda) but if all that’s true why don’t more clubs use them? They do a good few English clubs but far fewer than other big brands.

Maybe deals not as lucrative for the clubs?

I had it. Think it was in the days of Veron / Barthez.
White one side, gold the other. 2000/01.

I remember it felt weird on because you could feel the print of the badge & sponsor if you wore it with the gold on the inside.
If you wore it with the white on the inside the badges were embroided.. so itched your nips.
Like the reversible England away from the 00s, my left nip is twitching just thinking about it

Imagine. Has a club ever played in a temp kit before? I know there have bee occasions where the away side has borrowed home shorts or socks for clashing but that's different.
Isn't there a rule about 1 off kits only being allowed to be used in 1 game per season?
Same reason you only see next seasons kit on the last game, or a centenary kit used in a game etc.

I think!?!?...
if we play in it more than once, we'll have to declare it as our official 4th kit

Isn't there a rule about 1 off kits only being allowed to be used in 1 game per season?
Same reason you only see next seasons kit on the last game, or a centenary kit used in a game etc.

I think!?!?...
if we play in it more than once, we'll have to declare it as our official 4th kit
I’m sure you’re right. Some years ago Man Utd wore a one-off kit on the Munich anniversary, plain red with no sponsors and numbered 1-11. Can’t be arsed to Google it.

Genuine question. Has there ever been a later kit release?
Can't have been. In recent memory we've played in the new kit on the last day of the previous season and it's been available on the open day (though I can't remember when we last had one of them). Every shirt I can remember has been available before the first game though. 54 hours to go and we don't have a picture of our new kit. 😂

I just hope we don't have a collar like Livingston have got.

Any money they would have gained from this Errea deal will be quickly lost by the fact we won't be able to sell any shirts until have way through the season.

Back
Top Bottom