email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All good healthy debate mate which is how it should be so yes we may have to disagree.

The attendance figures quoted kind of backs up my point. If you factor in at least 4 of those from memory were gsmes where the away side came nowhere near to selling their allocation then a number of our games this season have had limited home tickets available.

I agree with your point but I’m trying to also see things from another perspective.

Club has hundreds of restricted view tickets but puts them on sale without a price reduction.

Club then questions why people buy these tickets when often they are the only ones left on sale but choose not to sit in said seat.

You’ve already acknowledged that you wouldn’t pay normal prices to sit in one of those seats and so have I. Why then would we expect someone else to.

Maybe there is other odd seats dotted around the stands but the kop sells the cheapest tickets and there will be plenty of Blades in this day and age whose only choice is a kop ticket or don’t go
The people standing in seats that aren't theirs, aren't part timers who've bought restricted seats though.
It's people who choose to go to the back of the kop and stand there because they like it.

Called common sense.
That's what it is and everybody knows it. Pretending it's something else is daft.
So when the kop is advertised as a sell out which it has been on a number of occasions this season but there are dozens of empty seats behind the pillars, I would deduce from that, those who had bought tickets behind the pillars have moved elsewhere.

I’m afraid mate your common sense opinion holds no evidence whatsoever

So when the kop is advertised as a sell out which it has been on a number of occasions this season but there are dozens of empty seats behind the pillars, I would deduce from that, those who had bought tickets behind the pillars have moved elsewhere.

I’m afraid mate your common sense opinion holds no evidence whatsoever
I think it does pal if you look at that post carefully it does

The reason this is an issue at Bramall Lane and not all the other grounds mentioned is very simple. The entry and exit to the seating areas of the stand is at the very back it. Unlike any other stand in the ground which have vomitories (that is the correct word I’m sure) in the middle of the seating area that give access to the concourse.

If people stand with their mates and spill over and block the gangway at the back of the South Stand, just to use it as an example, they aren’t restricting access to an emergency exit. On the Kop they are. It isn’t really a sitting/standing issue.

Until the Kop is flattened and rebuilt (and there isn’t any reasonable argument against this really, it’s a temporary solution to the Taylor Report we have now lived with for 30 years) this will continue to be an issue.

We can blame SCC all we want, we can blame people who congregate at the back of the stand too. Neither are blameless. But neither are the club who continue to sell tickets in a stand that is clearly not fit for purpose. And have no intention of ever sorting it out.
I agree with that pal but it’s only been in last 3/4 years it’s been an issue on kop back in league one when we were getting torched by teams like Shrewsbury the ground were barely half full at times so never an issue there. I think how far we come and long may it continue we will never see dwindling crowds down the Lane so full to capacity is how it is the club need to accommodate this simply rebuild the kop to support the current times in terms of crowds and viability of the kop going forward

It's a requirement of gaining a licence to operate safe standing.
Maybe people standing at the back makes a statement that not everyone wants to sit down all game but seriously they can see the demand is there for safe standing it needs to be implicated in the correct way

I'm sorry to say that this has been a long time coming.
Prior to me moving to Australia, I had a season ticket in the middle of the Kop and held the same seat since seating was introduced.
I would sit with my dad.
My Mum would sit at the back of the Kop in the aisle seat to allow her to get in and out easier (Mobility issues). Initially she sat with my younger sister and then more recently my 2 children (currently aged 10/12 so the eldest would have been about 5 when first attending) shared a season ticket and sat with her.
Most of the time there wasn't much of an issue with a handful of blokes/younger blokes standing in the gangway/aisle (not anywhere near their allocated seats). However, as time went on or there was a big game with a higher attendance, the group at the back got bigger and bigger. This led to neither my Mum nor my kids being able to see any of the game, even when my kids stood on their seat to try and see.
When I asked the group to move/have consideration for others I was told "Fuck Off!" or "try and make me move you cunt!"
The stewards at the time were asked to do something about it but I was told "can't do anything mate"
The one time that I did something about it, by standing in front of the group with my kid in my arms so that he could see and, in the process, blocking the view of some of the blokes that were stood in the gangway, causing them to get aggressive/threatening towards me, I was threatened with being ejected from the ground for causing a disturbance by the same stewards that "can't do anything about it mate".
As a result, my boys ended up sitting with me in the middle of the Kop and I was able to pick them up to see the action as others around were standing. My 6'3 Dad moved to the back and struggled to see over the crowd. My 5'7 mum still had no chance.
A lot of people have missed the point of the message sent out by the club. The issue isn't standing up, as we all do it with each attack, bad challenge, exciting bit of action. This is fine if you are in your allocated seat.
The issue is the ever-increasing numbers of blokes/young blokes who think that the back of the Kop is their own personal terrace with no regards for anyone inconvenienced by them. The corrupt SCC and the safety advisory group arent the problem. The "supporters" causing the issue in the first place are!
I respect your mums situation pal honestly I think if they left the back of the kop to people who want to stand this wouldn’t be an issue

So if we all just sit down in our allocated seat, we have a better chance of pressuring the club into introducing safe standing? Not sure how that works.

I'm fine with people saying that now, at this point, people should go to their allocated seat. This doesn't solve all our problems though, it has some negatives that people don't seem to want to accept.
I think they should have made the whole kop unreserved seating from the off and removed the pillars very very simple

If they're now not selling matchday tickets for the kop that's already a massive step, and it's gone too far

Are the club really so powerless..... really?

How the hell can this sort of imposition be acceptable - even if there was a shred of justification

The cowardly individuals on the council need to come out and explain themselves on this
It’s a load of bollox pal an absolute load of bollox

Call me a bedwetter but Why would you buy a ticket and go and sit in somebody elses seat ?

Why cant we just get a singing/standing section problem solved
People get pissed and go where they want pal apart from central blocks

Don’t feel comfortable in asking somebody where their seat is, but do feel comfortable taking somebody else's seat.

Right-o
Conclusion is it's made up of people who've ended up with restricted view seats and had to move, and number dyslexics.
Simple really.

I'm not sure why they've all gone to the back though.

Isn't your keepnet full yet?
Uncle Dave I’m merely putting it out there that some individuals may struggle to find there seat through no fault of there own please have some respect and help rectify the ongoing issue asap

Have some respect for people not as on the ball as yourself if they can’t find seat numbers it might not be there fault
I do.

Making out that's the reason is having no respect to people who have difficulties.
The problem is caused by people who know what they are doing and where they should be. All this other stuff is made up rubbish.

I do.

Making out that's the reason is having no respect to people who have difficulties.
The problem is caused by people who know what they are doing and where they should be. All this other stuff is made up rubbish.
I just think at times people are ignorant and disrespectful. I’m not totally sure that’s the issue here pal sone might be genuine cases of arriving late and not wanting to disturb a load of people trying to find a seat there not 100% sure where it is located.

Just don’t assume everything is a quick fix or simple answer

It's.a.laugh in it.being a inconsiderate dick . Line of vim sniff of the bar maids apron .not being able to read numbers and letters . What do you mean I can't have a ticket !

Conclusion is it's made up of people who've ended up with restricted view seats and had to move, and number dyslexics.
Simple really.

I'm not sure why they've all gone to the back though.
Honestly pal are you that stubborn your not sure why they’ve gone to the back isn’t it obvious why they’ve gone there it’s only place without blocking views and not impeding anyone if people have trouble finding there seat for whatever reason honestly pal think about it

My point exactly.

It's not a case of "it's our ground and we'll do what we want in it."
Linz please be aware some folk might not be able to find there seat not everyone but some

But without the licence granted by the Council, we can't hold football matches.
We can we just have to promise those responsible for license granting at council a McDonald’s

I can remember the 60’s and 70’s glad I Experienced the standing on the kop. Feel sorry for the youth who have to sit and watch a game. It’s like sitting at home and watching TV except a bit louder.

Back
Top Bottom