email from club - NO MORE TICKETS ON SALE IN KOP - standing & wrong seat usage

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Rotherham home game should interesting (could be some spleen venting),unless the club refund all Kop matchday ticket holders that bought them for the postponed Saturday fixture.

This. I don't get why this is so hard for him to understand.
I obviously do understand but don't accept we should roll over and accept the ridiculous rules. No away end ever will that much is for sure.

I obviously do understand but don't accept we should roll over and accept the ridiculous rules. No away end ever will that much is for sure.

The thing with an away end is that you will typically get the more vocal, passionate fans going, hence you can create atmosphere across the whole stand, without grouping together where you shouldn't be as an excuse for there being none by your designated seat.

Which is the point here. If people in the away end were all crowding around entrances/exits and jamming 200 people into the space for 100 seats, they would be moved on as well.

Fire what's going to burn concrete steel or flame retardant plastic ?

Ok I'd agree it's no 1980's Valley Parade, but there could be other reasons why the ground might need to be evacuated and gangways aren't intended to be blocked.

But regardless of what we might debate on here now it does sound like change is going to be enforced, and those who don't comply probably going to be affected, not to mention other fans and the club's finances.

I'm annoyed about this.

I can't have a season ticket and so I go when I can.

The back of the kop has been the same for years. People stand up. People gather ther to stand with their mates, and if you buy a pair of seats on the back rows, you can't guarantee when you turn up that you will be able to go and stand at your seat. It's been like that for ages.

I don’t buy a ticket for the back rows..

I've been going on blut recently...best view in the house, and always available. Now I won't be able to just casually get a ticket. Ffs.

Oh and to be clear, to countless people on this thread, the issue isn't People standing. It's People not standing at their allocated seats.

I'm annoyed about this.

I can't have a season ticket and so I go when I can.

The back of the kop has been the same for years. People stand up. People gather ther to stand with their mates, and if you buy a pair of seats on the back rows, you can't guarantee when you turn up that you will be able to go and stand at your seat. It's been like that for ages.

I don’t buy a ticket for the back rows..

I've been going on blut recently...best view in the house, and always available. Now I won't be able to just casually get a ticket. Ffs.

Oh and to be clear, to countless people on this thread, the issue isn't People standing. It's People not standing at their allocated seats.
This. 100% this. Standing is not, and has never been the issue.

Would sort it all out if we just introduced some safe standing areas in the ground or on the KOP.

Wouldn't necessarily.

Day trippers would still buy tickets say 8 rows from the front but want to stand in the standing section with their mates at the back.

An all standing section would require separate entrances and ticket stewarding IMO.
Any standing section would have to have spare capacity in reserve for 'big' or massive matches.
To accommodate the day trippers.

You are allocated an area of the stand, not a specific seat, if a safe standing area is in standing configuration.

Though as with the Hillsborough disaster most wanted to stand behind the goal.

Some observations.

Areas of the ground aren't out of bounds for fans because some see them as 'standing areas'. People can choose to sit where there want if it's free. Non-regular attendees or (the horror) new attendees aren't going to necessarily know where the regulars 'allow' them to sit.

The club has no money but apparently should spend money it doesn't have on modifying the ground for safe standing, which would never get signed off by SYP and needs to be licenced. Losing revenue in the process. I'm sure the same fans won't mind us signing zero players next season because we've spend the money making 1000 fans happy.

This seems to be some of the same fans who are constantly asking for illegal streams of away games instead of paying to watch the legal stream provided by the club they allegedly support.

Ok I'd agree it's no 1980's Valley Parade, but there could be other reasons why the ground might need to be evacuated and gangways aren't intended to be blocked.

But regardless of what we might debate on here now it does sound like change is going to be enforced, and those who don't comply probably going to be affected, not to mention other fans and the club's finances.

What happens to the gangways when 10000 odd football fans leave the ground at the same time when the final whistle blows? 🤔

Reactions: Dkc
Took my nephew to his first game a few weeks ago and he loved it, he can't wait to go again. Now I'm not going to be able to take him unless I move my season ticket.

I couldn't wait to take him in the Kop and for him experience that :(

During the Warnock PL season we regularly had to swap up to the BLUT for matches when mates came, we normally sit mid Cop so there is no option.

Hang on, we could have all gone and stood on someone else's seat at the back of the Cop.. or blocked off the gangway.

I have zero sympathy with a 5"7 women who chose the back or the KOP not being able to see? Isn't it blindingly obvious the back of the KOP isn't an area for a partially disabled women with 10 & 12 year old kids?
Where as it IS the blindingly obvious area for young lads wanting to stand and make an atmosphere.
You want to sit down pick one of the other 33000 seats in the ground. Really simple stuff.
Anticipate you may have received a response or two to this (low hanging fruit click bait) ‘post
But….
May as well go the whole hog & send some other folk off & away n’all
Including:
“Tank top wearing bum boys”& shirt-lifters
“Drinkers from the hairy cup”
Post box imitating / “water melon smile”folk, indeed all outwith the requisite blonde hair blue eyes
Any Johnny Foreigner particularly those wearing waterproofs or carrying oars / paddles
Split arses especially minge- munchers
Dwarves
“Cripples”
Coffin dodgers
“Retards”
“Bam pots”
“Ginnas” (except Quinny)
Taffs ( except RND)
“Sweaties” (especially Douggie Brown, but perhaps not Oli McB?)
Bog hoppers ( not Egan but definitely Sammon)
“mongs”
“gypos”
“Spazs”
Etc etc etc

Just for clarity why do you need to stand to sing / create atmosphere- is it a similar challenge to chewing gum & walking in tandem? (Or maybe speaking & breaking wind?)

Last edited:
What happens to the gangways when 10000 odd football fans leave the ground at the same time when the final whistle blows? 🤔

Nothing, it's fine cos they aren't already blocked by numpties (at least not where I go on south stand). Any road I'm not that bothered, don't go on the kop, see what happens, if owt.

Last edited:
Some observations.

Areas of the ground aren't out of bounds for fans because some see them as 'standing areas'. People can choose to sit where there want if it's free. Non-regular attendees or (the horror) new attendees aren't going to necessarily know where the regulars 'allow' them to sit.

The club has no money but apparently should spend money it doesn't have on modifying the ground for safe standing, which would never get signed off by SYP and needs to be licenced. Losing revenue in the process. I'm sure the same fans won't mind us signing zero players next season because we've spend the money making 1000 fans happy.

This seems to be some of the same fans who are constantly asking for illegal streams of away games instead of paying to watch the legal stream provided by the club they allegedly support.
Would you wander into Wolves South Bank, Leeds South Stand or KOP, behind the goals at Chelsea, Man United, Hull, Blackpool, Boro, Derby, Cov, Liverpool, Spurs, Palace or countless other places & expect them all to sit down because you fancy sitting?
I would assume not, so if you want to sit down those areas are "out of bounds to you".
We are the almost the only big club where young lads don't have anywhere to stand & congregate. Even tinpot clubs like Ipswich, Norwich & Reading manage it but apparently at Bramall Lane it's unreasonable.

Would you wander into Wolves South Bank, Leeds South Stand or KOP, behind the goals at Chelsea, Man United, Hull, Blackpool, Boro, Derby, Cov, Liverpool, Spurs, Palace or countless other places & expect them all to sit down because you fancy sitting?
I would assume not, so if you want to sit down those areas are "out of bounds to you".
We are the almost the only big club where young lads don't have anywhere to stand & congregate. Even tinpot clubs like Ipswich, Norwich & Reading manage it but apparently at Bramall Lane it's unreasonable.

It is interesting how all those clubs you’ve mentioned have all-standing ends.

It’s obviously accepted as the norm and probably not even thought about as it’s ingrained in their supporter culture.

How come it’s not at the Lane despite us being well supported and still somehow clinging on to a reputation of having a loud ground?

Also be interesting to see what people against the idea of wanting to stand at games reply to you in regards to other club’s fans mass acceptance and willingness to do it.

I agree with you but until someone provides these people with enough space to buy their own ticket in a section that stands up the problem will persist. The idea that they will one day just go and sit down at the front is seriously unrealistic
I think most people agree with a lot of each other’s points really:
1. People should be allowed and encouraged to sing and create atmosphere. (All agree)

2. Standing up at an exciting moment in the game is fine (All agree)

3. Having a newly built standing section is a good idea (probably all agree)

4. Standing up all game with the right number of people in front of their own seats is in breach of the regulations but not really all that unsafe, and is fine if it’s in an area where everyone knows and expects it to happen. (Probably almost all agree)

5. The Kop needs redeveloping (all agree).

6. People standing for the full game in the gangway blocking the safety exits is a bad thing (all agree).

7. Having to restrict match-day ticket sales on the kop is a bad thing. (All agree)

8. Having to close the kop entirely would be a dreadful thing. (All agree)

The main divergence of opinion is just - what to do NOW, as fans, part of which links to trying to achieve 2 and 3 (above).
Champagneblade’s response (#697) points out all the reasons why continuing to stand in the gangways and demanding something is done to allow people to stand safely in this area right now isn’t going to achieve a positive outcome.

I can see why you might think the club are unlikely to act to bring in anything that enables the people you’re talking about to all be able to stand together every week - because they haven’t done anything in recent years. However, I think this issue IS now on the agenda.
You might be right that by continuing to act in this way, you MIGHT keep this on the top of the agenda.
Or it’s possible that enough has already been done to turn this into a point that demands action, because it’s already cost a lot of revenue. In my view, the possibility that it could cause a loss of revenue again in the future is enough to keep it up there in decision-makers’ minds (even if people start following the rules now).

However, it seems what will eventually definitely happen if the same people keep acting in the same way over the coming weeks and months, is the kop will be closed. This I’d say is what’s causing people in this thread to become so heated - not that they’d disagree with your long-term aims, but the apparent feeling that we could end up with the situation of a stand-closure unless people change their behaviour in the short-term, and you seem to be advocating continuing to behave in the same way (because following the rules now might lead to the issue falling back down the list of priorities). I think most people on the thread are with you on most long-term aims and points, but the priority right now is to ensure the stand stays open.
Any actions by fans now should be directed towards this.

People standing at the top of the gangways are not season ticket holders. just matchday ticket holders. who can,t be arsed to go to the seat they have been given by the ticket office. after paying for it of course.no way would I tell them to shift the response would be Fuck Off. so you can,t buy a match day ticket for the Kop. South Stand and John John street stand are almost sold out. every game. so Bramall Lane upper is the option. but is the price of a ticket the same as the kop? we will see what happens when we play Burnley 12.30 kick-off.

Back
Top Bottom