Outgoing? Egan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some pros & cons to this IMO.

Pros:

£12 mill for a 29 year old centre half is very good money.

I feel like he’d be the easiest to replace in the starting 11.

Can use the cash to buy a replacement & perhaps tie down Ndiaye to a new contract.

Cons:

Big presence in the squad & vice captain of the team. Would be a big miss personality-wise.

Most consistent player at the club. Hasn’t missed a game since the 1930’s & is generally a 7/10 most games.

January is a notoriously shit time to be buying players.

I’m a bit torn tbh.
Spot on. All well and good taking the money (and £12m would be excellent at his age) but finding a replacement who turns out week after week with his consistency would not be easy, particularly in January.

As it happens, I can’t see it. Looks like another of those lazy, unsubstantiated articles to fill the gossip pages of a crap newspaper. Would be surprised if there is much in it.

Liam Lindsay has been Preston's middle CB for a while and their defence has been unbelievable recently

Probably bollocks, but if not then it's not a deal I'm tempted by. You'd need to re-spend most of the fee to replace him in an inflated January market. We'd be hard pressed to find someone with similar fitness levels who could adapt to that particular role and become as good as Egan in such a short space of time.

What happens if you sell Egan and someone meets Sander’s clause at 23.59? You’ve sold both.
That could happen but the point of my question was (assuming the latter doesn’t happen) if we sold Egan but could hang on to Berge as a result would people go for that?

Who would you replace him with if he’s the easiest to replace given all the pros you’ve listed ? If we are up fighting for promotion as we all hope in Jan then selling any of our first 11 is madness unless it’s unavoidable like Sanders release clause imo !
As ever UTB !

I’m saying he’d be the easiest to replace in the squad as opposed to any of the other positions considering the potential windfall of selling Egan. We’re not replacing any of the forwards or midfielders without spending a shit ton of cash. Same with the wing backs.

Don’t think that’s an unreasonable opinion?

Probably worth noting I’m leaning more towards keeping him than selling at the mo. If it was the summer, then I’d be tempted but January is a wank time to try and replace.

If this is true, the board would already have discussed this with him, and will already be sounding out replacements, I personally feel £12m is a good deal all round, if we can use half of it to strengthen in a couple.of places and bank the rest then I'd be very happy , plus he has been a great servant, it West ham are looking to double his wage or more then who can blame him

It would have made sense to prepare the bid a couple of weeks ago, when the transfer window was open, then they might have been able to sign him.

The window has just closed and we’ve spent the last two months shitting it about whether we’ll lose key players. Are we now going to spend the next four months shitting it about the next fucking window?

Some pros & cons to this IMO.

Pros:

£12 mill for a 29 year old centre half is very good money.

I feel like he’d be the easiest to replace in the starting 11.

Can use the cash to buy a replacement & perhaps tie down Ndiaye to a new contract.

Cons:

Big presence in the squad & vice captain of the team. Would be a big miss personality-wise.

Most consistent player at the club. Hasn’t missed a game since the 1930’s & is generally a 7/10 most games.

January is a notoriously shit time to be buying players.

I’m a bit torn tbh.
Spot on. Think the cons out weigh the pros personally. If we are in a great position in January its too risky to distrupt things and potentially take a hit to the teams morale by selling someone who is ever present and one of the leaders. But if that bid came in a few months back during pre-season I would snap their hand off as we would have had time to find an ideal replacement and have him bedded-in.

Turkish Journo thats normally bob on reporting the same. We would need hefty investment to get a better or similar level player during the January window. Would be gutted but if its good money now would be time to sell if any.

If we were going to do this it should have been in the summer when we could have got Lenihan or possibly Uremovic on frees as replacements

If it gets kone in and a similar level centre half then I'd be OK with it
Don't think replacing him would be that hard he is too many moments of sheer stupidity for me

Not sure Kone should be any sort of priority

If its something of a shit or bust season we need to go for players who'll make an immediate impact, like the great Madine

The rocks which help steady our team are as follows

1. Norwood
2. Egan

Although technically he is replaceable in a tactical sense, and we could get by with pretty much any decent CB. The stabilising effect he has on the team is monumental.

It’s a very tricky one as 12m could give us 2x more Anels (if we are very lucky) and tie down Ndiaye on a new deal. I could see how we’d be tempted

The rocks which help steady our team are as follows

1. Norwood
2. Egan

Although technically he is replaceable in a tactical sense, and we could get by with pretty much any decent CB. The stabilising effect he has on the team is monumental.

It’s a very tricky one as 12m could give us 2x more Anels (if we are very lucky) and tie down Ndiaye on a new deal. I could see how we’d be tempted
One nil up v reading recently and absolutely cruising when Egan decided to try and even things up by giving the ball away in a dangerous position under no pressure ,this happens so often now it is noticeable when it doesn't

Add in his laughable attempts from our set pieces and I say snatch their hands off

Spot on. All well and good taking the money (and £12m would be excellent at his age) but finding a replacement who turns out week after week with his consistency would not be easy, particularly in January.

As it happens, I can’t see it. Looks like another of those lazy, unsubstantiated articles to fill the gossip pages of a crap newspaper. Would be surprised if there is much in it.
I think you are right mate .I believe it was the Sun that has reported it so I took no notice , would not believe the bloody date on that rag .

Selling your captain, who is a dressing room leader amongst a young team, plays every game and has done the business at PL level before.

Terrible decision which is why Prince won’t do it ;)

I wouldn't advocate selling him in January if we're still looking favourites for promotion but if we weren't in the race, I would.

As for the PL thing, it'd be a position I'd want to upgrade on if we were promoted.

I think it would be far from ideal losing him in Jan. You can see how we play.

The most likely direct replacement is probably Cairan Clark I’d imagine but he’s already shown he’s not the best in terms of availability. You could move Anel there and play Bash RCB but you remove a lot of what Anel has been bringing.

I don’t see any fit frees being the solution.

Denayer, Zagadhou and Edgar Le wouldn’t touch a tier two team with a barge pole.

Morrison isn’t as good and is injured.

Hector, Mangala, Nordvelt and Bennett are well below requirements.

Kolodzieiczak will shortly get fixed up in Spain I believe and he seems more ball playing centre back than head it, kick it type.

The player I think could do the job is Cahill. But would you risk the crucial part of the season on a 36 year old with no games since last season?

Jake Cooper will have 6 months to run on his deal. If you have 12m in your pocket you’d get him out of Millwall at a fraction of that when he could leave for nothing. Maybe Kalas of Bristol City also fits the criteria.

But apart from his efforts against us, I’d need to know he’s actually good enough.

I just don’t see it happening mid season.

Last edited:
I think it would be far from ideal losing him in Jan. You can see how we play.

The most likely direct replacement is probably Cairan Clark I’d imagine but he’s already shown he’s not the best in terms of availability. You could move Anel there and play Bash RCB but you remove a lot of what Anel has been bringing.

I don’t see any fit frees being the solution.

Denayer, Zagadhou and Edgar Le wouldn’t touch a tier two team with a barge pole.

Morrison isn’t as good and is injured.

Hector, Mangala, Nordvelt and Bennett are well below requirements.

Kolodzieiczak will shortly get fixed up in Spain I believe and he seems more ball playing centre back than head it, kick it type.

The player I think could do the job is Cahill. But would you risk the crucial part of the season on a 36 year old with no games since last season?

Jake Cooper will have 6 months to run on his deal. If you have 12m in your pocket you’d get him out of Millwall at a fraction of that when he could leave for nothing.

But apart from his efforts against us, I’d need to know he’s actually good enough.

I just don’t see it happening mid season.

If Cooper is going cheap he's worth getting

Imagine our set piece strength with him and Anel, let alone the others?

He's mainly played in the middle of Millwall's 3 for the last season or so, but would also always be useful as a cover LCB

If Cooper is going cheap he's worth getting

Imagine our set piece strength with him and Anel, let alone the others?

He's mainly played in the middle of Millwall's 3 for the last season or so, but would also always be useful as a cover LCB
Coopers shite ,even Millwall.fans don't rate him.

If there is an offer in Jan, imo the rumoured £12m will probably be more like £5m plus a few million in add ons

I just don’t see that lot coming anywhere close to that

i would really like uremovic back at the club, he'd be brilliant Egan replacement alongside Anel too they'd be some force!!!
What's he up to? I'd love three Eastern European block units at the back! I remember vidic was in a menacing back 3 or 4 for Serbia that were all built like outhouses and were very uncompromising.

Edit; vidic, subotic and Ivanovic.

What's he up to? I'd love three Eastern European block units at the back! I remember vidic was in a menacing back 3 or 4 for Serbia that were all built like outhouses and were very uncompromising.
Signed a 4 year deal with Hertha Berlin.

Played 6 games and already been sent off!

Back
Top Bottom