Outgoing? Egan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What's he up to? I'd love three Eastern European block units at the back! I remember vidic was in a menacing back 3 or 4 for Serbia that were all built like outhouses and were very uncompromising.

Edit; vidic, subotic and Ivanovic.
Love that idea! Although not sure Croats and Bosnians get on too well!

He went to Hertha Bsc on a free, can’t help but think we missed a trick there!

He looked capable as a middle CB and RCB which is ideal (and an under-rated/under thought of idea given our injury crisis imo)

Egan going would be the first of the famous 5 to leave, despite the ravages of injury. A bigger loss then just a player.

Seeing as the January window is some time away, I think Nixon is just hoping to break a page number record here on (his source of all Blades info) the S2 forum.

I've a feeling that only the Blades will stop us from getting promoted this season.

The starting 11 is there, the squad is there, the football management team is there and the mindset is there.......

Now don't F this up by selling 🙏

Love that idea! Although not sure Croats and Bosnians get on too well!
Depends. There are Bosnian Moslims, Bosnian Croats and Bosnian Serbs. Traditionally the Serbs and Croats didn't get on with the Muslims, or each other. But that was a generation ago. I think the younger generation is keen to put the past aside.

Anel, I think, is from a Bosnian Muslim background (could be wrong) but he was born in Sweden so I doubt he is too bothered

Depends. There are Bosnian Moslims, Bosnian Croats and Bosnian Serbs. Traditionally the Serbs and Croats didn't get on with the Muslims, or each other. But that was a generation ago. I think the younger generation is keen to put the past aside.

Anel, I think, is from a Bosnian Muslim background (could be wrong) but he was born in Sweden so I doubt he is too bothered

Sadly it hasn't left completely, these things often take a couple of generations (at least) to sort themselves out.

I travelled around what was Yugoslavia fairly recently and there is still a lot of resentment.

In Mostar (Bosnia) one man was telling me how the city broke into riots the night Turkey knocked Croatia out of the World Cup.
On one side of the old bridge the Muslim Bosniaks were cheering for Turkey, on the other the Croat-Bosnians were supporting Croatia. When the game finished fireworks were fired across either side and next thing, riots.
Similar to Northern Ireland, trouble is always bubbling on the surface.

I was reading that there are fears it could be headed for another civil war. Serbia are agitating once again.

12 million for Egan and backing ourselves to reinvest should be ideal. But not in a January window, if we are pushing for an automatic spot. If we don't go up and take a whack on his price next summer, we should still get enough to bring someone else in with an eye on the present and future. The problem for us, has not been the actual selling and price we have received in the past, it's often been the timing and how poorly we have reinvested.

Back
Top Bottom