Egan’s post match interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Now and again

Reaction score
We all know what needs to be addressed, West Brom aside we have been relatively sure at the back.

We may not be scoring, and people seem to be scape goating Ollie and Brewster. But we are not creating anything for them.

The system that brought us so much successes had pace from the back. That system didn’t get found out, it failed because of the integral loss of JOC.

So now that we are trying to implement a new system we need to sort the midfield out, I feel the ship had sailed for Slav to be able to bring in what’s needed. But until we get some creativity, cutting edge and goals from not just the forwards but the midfield we are going to struggle.

I have faith that Slav will get us moving up the table, even with this current group.

Be brave, clench fists.

keep the faith Bladesmen.

UTB 👊🏻

We all know what needs to be addressed, West Brom aside we have been relatively sure at the back.

We may not be scoring, and people seem to be scape goating Ollie and Brewster. But we are not creating anything for them.

The system that brought us so much successes had pace from the back. That system didn’t get found out, it failed because of the integral loss of JOC.

So now that we are trying to implement a new system we need to sort the midfield out, I feel the ship had sailed for Slav to be able to bring in what’s needed. But until we get some creativity, cutting edge and goals from not just the forwards but the midfield we are going to struggle.

I have faith that Slav will get us moving up the table, even with this current group.

Be brave, clench fists.

UTB 👊🏻
Is that what Egan said?

Be brave, clench fists.

UTB 👊🏻
If Egan's said that then there's something seriously brewing at the lane. However, he should work on getting his performances back to where they were/should be.

Be brave, clench fists.

UTB 👊🏻

"Ship has sailed for Slav to bring in who he wants"!

😂😂 that’s not what he said
Jesus wept, obviously that’s not what he said word for word. The sentiment behind his interview is that the lack of goals isn’t down to the ball not getting put in the net by our forwards.

It’s not like we are getting a multitude of missed opportunities every game where Mcburnie, Sharp and Brewster are missing sitters.

He makes the point that if we manage to not concede away from home then the defence has done its job. Which can’t be argued with.

There’s definitely some discontent in the dressing room.

Midfield is the BIGGEST problem but I still think we need a bit better up top.

And a goalie

Only thing Slav will be moving in the foreseeable is last night's curry unless Prince gets his moneh out.
I’m just at a loss as to how we have got to this point with only the Davies signing and Ramsdale being moved on.

Surely Slav had some assurances that he would be backed in the market and made clear of certain targets who would strengthen the existing group.

Norwood did an interview a few years back when he was asked about overlapping centre halves “me and Egan stand on the half way line, look at each other in disbelief as we have no idea where the rest of the teams gone”

Egan told his side of the story “ I stand there on the half way line and look at Ollie Norwood in disbelief, what the fuck is he pointing at and what’s point me running to back stick from corners when he can’t kick it higher than 4 ft off floor”

Confusion reigns here,! All of a sudden we cant play becos JOC is out. Just like when Coutts was out that ruined our chances of promotion.
We've got 11 players on the pitch, if they cant play get shut of them.
And who would be the next eleven?

See a certain poster is conspicuous by their absence.

👊🏻

For McB to be supposedly good with his head it aint happening in the opposition penalty box. Everywhere else he wins it but today he did have a chance and missed with his header.

There were plenty of crosses into the box today, so we are creating chances just not getting on the end of them or on target.

Corners, always going to defenders, where are our strikers trying to get on the end of them ?

Be brave, clench fists.

UTB 👊🏻

Read the first half of this in a Cork accent before realising this post had nothing to do with Egan.

We haven’t been solid at the back, we’ve just profited from championship strikers not being that good.

I tell you what Egan does call out the midfield in his interview and he does call out the lack of competition for places

For McB to be supposedly good with his head it aint happening in the opposition penalty box. Everywhere else he wins it but today he did have a chance and missed with his header.

There were plenty of crosses into the box today, so we are creating chances just not getting on the end of them or on target.

Corners, always going to defenders, where are our strikers trying to get on the end of them ?
I think that Mc Burnie, is easy to lay the blame on in terms of not getting on the end of set pieces. I agree he could do better, but we certainly shouldn’t be relying on a a header from a set piece and the crossing has been woeful.

I think that Mc Burnie, is easy to lay the blame on in terms of not getting on the end of set pieces. I agree he could do better, but we certainly shouldn’t be relying on a a header from a set piece and the crossing has been woeful.
So even Egan say’s the delivery is shit, but you still blame McBurnie?

The service the wank. Simple as.

Reactions: Gee
I tell you what Egan does call out the midfield in his interview and he does call out the lack of competition for places

I'm not sure I agree with him about his 'solid at the back' comment. We've got 2 clean sheets but that has been with 5 at the back and teams being cautious and not attacking us. The one team who has attacked us slaughtered us. Every time we go to a 4 or push wingbacks on we've looked a bit of a mess. Luton should have scored yesterday.

I'm not sure I agree with him about his 'solid at the back' comment. We've got 2 clean sheets but that has been with 5 at the back and teams being cautious and not attacking us. The one team who has attacked us slaughtered us. Every time we go to a 4 or push wingbacks on we've looked a bit of a mess. Luton should have scored yesterday.
I don’t think I agree with it either but he got a clean sheet yesterday so from his point of view it’s job done

Back
Top Bottom