Doncaster away

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good outing and well worth a fiver! Granted its pre-season and is effectively meaningless

Berge is different class at this level, watching him glide past players is a pleasure.
Mousset looked sharp and up for it... 67-1 to be championship top scorer 👀
Norwood looked back to his former self with time on the ball and movement from other players, plenty of ping

Slater, Brunt, Jebbison all impressive 2nd half. But none of the youngsters looked out of place.

Freeman and Bogle looked strong. Brewster while missed a sitter think looked pretty tidy, some lovely touches.

Still places in the starting 11 up for grabs, and lots for Jokanovic to think about

If the blueprint IS how we played in the first half, then we shouldn't be worried.

Can we hang onto Berge - will be different class at championship level - the game and opposition was way way below his standard.

Anyone care to put up £35m? If not he's is going to be immense this season.

UTB

My opinion on the game was that we looked more free flowing and stronger going forward when 4-3-3.

Berge was a whole level above, we need to keep him for a season. No time lost for his progression and he repays us for breaking the bank for him.

Moose looked fit and fired up. Noticeably seemed thrilled when he scored

McGoldrick oozed class as usual.

Second half freeman / Brewster looked well up for it. I just don’t know where Brewsters goal comes from but it will.

All the youngsters didn’t put a foot wrong and the standard didn’t drop when they came on either.

We still have RND, stevens, McBurnie & Sharp to add to.

I might be harsh but I’d still like to see a better LCB than Robinson and cover for Norwood/Fleck

My opinion on the game was that we looked more free flowing and stronger going forward when 4-3-3.

Berge was a whole level above, we need to keep him for a season. No time lost for his progression and he repays us for breaking the bank for him.

Moose looked fit and fired up. Noticeably seemed thrilled when he scored

McGoldrick oozed class as usual.

Second half freeman / Brewster looked well up for it. I just don’t know where Brewsters goal comes from but it will.

All the youngsters didn’t put a foot wrong and the standard didn’t drop when they came on either.

We still have RND, stevens, McBurnie & Sharp to add to
I think we looked best with 433 but we took Berge off so I can’t tell if that was the reason or not

Gotta say Sander Berge was a joy to watch, no rushing ran the midfield and made it look effortless the way he stroked the ball around. If we keep him he will be immense in the Championship, on a different level tonight even compared to our players 🤩

Happy with that. Gordon looks a prospect. Might he get a run at LCB? Jebbo is a monster: do we loan him out or keep him. His age says loan him, his ability that belies his years says play him. Berge was a brilliant and Moose looked lively and took his goals well. Ramsdale's distribution was top drawer - despite dinosaur Gage telling him to boot it all game. Burke also played very well despite a poor miss. Brewster also missed a sitter but he chased and linked the game very well. Freeman also showed his value. Ollie's ping was there first half. He also had a customary bombscare moment.

Happy with that. Gordon looks a prospect. Might he get a run at LCB? Jebbo is a monster: do we loan him out or keep him. His age says loan him, his ability that belies his years says play him. Berge was a brilliant and Moose looked lively and took his goals well. Ramsdale's distribution was top drawer - despite dinosaur Gage telling him to boot it all game. Burke also played very well despite a poor miss. Brewster also missed a sitter but he chased and linked the game very well. Freeman also showed his value. Ollie's ping was there first half. He also had a customary bombscare moment.
Problem with Gordon is him being right footed

Ok run-out against a poor L1 team.

Decent first half. They hardly threatened but it was noticeable when they put a few passes together they got through us too easily. Baldock poor, Robinson iffy. Berge was the obvious stand-out but unconvinced by Fleck or Norwood. Nice to see us attacking through the middle though. I was never really sure of what system we were playing? It was fluid but not sure how that works in a competitive game.

Second half much more messy. Not sure why Wes is ahead of Verrips. I can only presume the latter is off/being a dick. Telling that Brewster on for second half but odd to take Mousset off, if you're thinking of playing him. Lad needs fitness and 90 minutes. Curious that Rammers and Berge (first pre-season games?) only got 45 tbqf. Telling that we're 10 days away from from the start of the season and Berge and Mousset are only getting 45 minutes. Seems a bit odd considering both their fitness levels. Kids looks a mixed bag but 2 or 3 seemed fairly comfortable at that level. Gordon in particular. Not convinced by Freeman from that either. Good run for the nippled goal (or whatever he scored it with) and tidy but not really screaming to be included.

Anyway, just a pre-season game so doesn't mean anything. Didn't seem to pick up any injuries, which is good.

Last edited:

Missed the game, any insight on how our midfield three and front three played as units? Norwood deep with two box to box types in front? Central striker with two wingers?

Missed the game, any insight on how our midfield three and front three played as units? Norwood deep with two box to box types in front? Central striker with two wingers?
First half, Norwood deep but the others were so fluid it was hard to tell.

fleck seemed to be on the right with Burke in front of him.

Berge seemed central but was cruising everywhere. Mcgoldrick doing his normal trick of popping up everywhere.

Moose was the number 9.

think it was 4231 but was hard to pin it down

Midfield was very strange, they all played football. Something I’ve not seen for, well about 5 years. Berge the standout but they were interchanging and each taking a turn driving, then dropping deep then spraying passes. Even saw Norwood playing left wing at one stage I kid you not.

moose is a ridiculous footballer, pace, power, effort, chasing down loose balls, causing problems.

burke is not a footballer

jebbison will be a top striker I have no doubts, probably suits foreign football more than English football but he’s scary good

Brewster needs a goal, but played well, looked fast, made good runs/passes

Zak Brunt was very good when he came in, good, accurate passes is what we can expect

Enjoyable game. I know its pre season but our passing is looking a lot more composed. A lot of triangles, touch and move, a lot less panicked under pressure. We didnt resort to aimless punts at all which we used to do all the time before.

We had experience last season in the cup games of teams lower down and we were much improved today than in those games where at times we sometimes scraped through and often undeserved.

If we can bring a touch more of that direct Wilder style in the final 3rd, create overloads and be a bit more ruthless then i have no doubt this will be an exceptional season.

Berge the holder out of the midfield 3 but once he got into the swing of the game was running from deep in our half into their penalty area unopposed did it several times leading to the goal. Looked several cuts above most players on the pitch. Norwood floated around a bit more looked a bit confused at times as berge was in the space he wanted to occupy but the trademark ping was back although so was some of the hospital stuff. Fleck started very slow but grew into the game and got a nice assist for the 3rd.

upfront it was Burke and mousset as the two with didzy in behind although didzy applies that brief very liberally and was seen collecting the ball in between our centrebacks at times was almost positionless tonight. Mousse was full of effort if not quite the explosiveness of the first year in the prem and scored two good goals. Burke was well Burke lots of effort but lacking in a final touch fleck basically told him how to press to score the first goal. Second half Brewster and jebbison as the two up top. Brewster played well plenty of effort on display and some good touches but missed a sitter of a header from 2 yards out looked mortified even in a friendly and needs a goal badly. Jebbison looks the real deal aggressive and powerful but will need to be developed properly some nice dovetailing with him and Brewster communicating well and making complimentary runs.

Ok run-out against a poor L1 team.

Decent first half. They hardly threatened but it was noticeable when they put a few passes together they got through us too easily. Baldock poor, Robinson iffy. Berge was the obvious stand-out but unconvinced by Fleck or Norwood. Nice to see us attacking through the middle though. I was never really sure of what system we were playing? It was fluid but not sure how that works in a competitive game.

Second half much more messy. Not sure why Wes is ahead of Verrips. I can only presume the latter is off/being a dick. Telling that Brewster on for second half but odd to take Mousset off, if you're thinking of playing him. Lad needs fitness and 90 minutes. Curious that Rammers and Berge (first pre-season games?) only got 45 tbqf. Telling that we're 10 days away from from the start of the season and Berge and Mousset are only getting 45 minutes. Seems a bit odd considering both their fitness levels. Kids looks a mixed bag but 2 or 3 seemed fairly comfortable at that level. Gordon in particular. Not convinced by Freeman from that either. Good run for the nippled goal (or whatever he scored it with) and tidy but not really screaming to be included.

Anyway, just a pre-season game so doesn't mean anything. Didn't seem to pick up any injuries, which is good.

Can’t make my mind up if we were very good … or donny were really crap ?
We have still lots of time to improve...

I really hope we dont go four at the back with our present squad
Robinson is not a CB, I thought he was poor against an average L1 side
Thought we defended better in the 2nd half with 3 at the back but probably not a fair comparison as the game was over but saying that we did disrupt the team with all the subs

Plus points
Berge
Moose
Freeman
Jebbison
Most of the youngsters played well

Last edited:
Thought the young lads did well. That many changes it's always going to be a bit rough, but they're confident and technical.

Berge was class, running through Donny like they weren't there, as was Basham when he came on, Basham just gets better and better. Love it.

Freeman looked lively, nice to have him around, not sure he starts though.

Brewster still needs a goal but showed his pace, good link up and effort but a bit deep perhaps.

Foderingham needs to be third choice, get Verrips in.

Osborn was good too, surprised he played, I thought it'd have been RND, but he did well.

Looking forward to Norwich.

Anyone sussed out how to cast the stream off SUFC Live?

I managed to cast it from the iPhone app to TV via fire stick.
there’s a fire stick app called airscreen that works pretty well with iPhone.

for some stupid reason SkyQ let’s you cast iPhone to it but you get the audio only

Anyone sussed out how to cast the stream off SUFC Live?
I know Im an oldie but in the end I gave up both from iPhone and MacBook. Had to watch on the latter but with stream and computer volumes on maximum could barely make out what the commentators were saying. Screen mirroring didn't work either. Any tips before Norwich game would bd welcome.

I know Im an oldie but in the end I gave up both from iPhone and MacBook. Had to watch on the latter but with stream and computer volumes on maximum could barely make out what the commentator's were saying. Screen mirroring didn't work either. Any tips before Norwich game would bd welcome.
Get a new TV

Back
Top Bottom