Diego Recalled

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Yep it's exciting that he has been recalled.

Hopefully he will finally get a real chance at the first team.

Before anyone gets too excited, wasn't this the plan all along? Pretty sure one of the reasons the timing of the loan appealed was that we could 'get him back for the JPT and FA Cup' according to Clough, with the suggestion he'd head straight back to York afterwards. Perhaps the Higdon injury has freed up room in the squad though.

..but will he get on the bench now Porter's back..?

Quite impressive that since he went to York, he is the only player to have scored a goal for them. Suggests that he can get goals regularly in a team that is otherwise struggling for them?

As I said on the other thread I actually feel for York having had a look at the comments on their forum. Apparently he as been a different class in an otherwise average team. He is the only one who has been performing and who knows where the back of the net is. They fear for themselves now he's returned home.

The added sickener being that the local newspaper only printed last night that they were confident of keeping hold of him til the end of the season!

As I said on the other thread I actually feel for York having had a look at the comments on their forum. Apparently he as been a different class in an otherwise average team. He is the only one who has been performing and who knows where the back of the net is. They fear for themselves now he's returned home.

The added sickener being that the local newspaper only printed last night that they were confident of keeping hold of him til the end of the season!

Yes must be frustrating but that's loan signings for you. And as LoughboroBlade indicated above, there are suggestions that he might go straight back there after the cup games.

Yes must be frustrating but that's loan signings for you. And as LoughboroBlade indicated above, there are suggestions that he might go straight back there after the cup games.

Fair play if he does mate. A massive part of me thinks though that I would much rather him come back and make a big enough impression to finally carve out his first team future with us. He's our player after all. I feel for York but at the same time we need that bit of flair ourselves and if he was the answer then fair play.

Do you have a link to their forum, or would you mind sharing their exact comments on here?

Do you have a link to their forum, or would you mind sharing their exact comments on here?

Seeing as though you asked so nicely with a please

Minsteral:

Gutted to hear this. York Press said yesterday that he was staying the full season with us. Massive loss for us this. I hate to say it as one player doesn't make a team but this lad was a different class and taught our old hands a thing or two. Severely Gutted.

YCFC George:

"I would welcome him back if he is available. Shame he's gone. Hopefully we can have first dibs on him if he's available on loan again. Best wishes Diego. Thanks for your service."

Old-Head:

"Yesterdays Press report said that Diego could possibly be staying with City until the end of the season. Todays Press report says that he has gone back to Sheffield United. This is the draw-back with loan players for they are not yours to decide what is going to happen. If the lad does well in the two games at Sheffield Utd, then he will probably not come back to City. Somebody already at the club is going to have to start scoring goals now."

Nottsexile:

"It is important that goals start to come from across the team as Diego was the only player to appear to know where the goal is."

Castlehouse:

"Well we have just seen the best player we have had in a while walk out of the door. Can't see Sheffield letting him go again if he plays down there as he did up here, that said I am surprised they even let him go in the first place because he is championship class in my opinion. God bless young deago we will miss you".

JoJoYCFC:

"And a proper footballer leaves the club. Devo is an understatement".

Many more but can't be bothered. Actually surprised to see how many they actually have on the boards. One forum had 80 plus online.

This a challenge to the lad now. He'll start the next two games with Clough saying....bring your York form here...prove yourself and give me a reason to keep you in the side.

I read a comment in the shoutbox earlier saying that as it's a youth loan, we can't recall him?

He might get 70 minutes playing out of position against Crewe after which he will disappear back on the bench then the under 21s and then loaned out again in the New Year.

Ever the optimist mate!

Lol lets hope he at least gets a chance now.
Maybe Cloughs paitence has snapped with the other strikers?

Ever the optimist mate!

Lol lets hope he at least gets a chance now.
Maybe Cloughs paitence has snapped with the other strikers?

I would certainly start him in his preferred position in both the FA and JPT cup games, whether that's a big too adventurous for the manager though is the problem.

I would like Diego to get some pitch time and score for us. If he scores for the first time I think it will do his confidence a world of good.

I fear he'll sit on the bench and maybe get 10 minutes.

Is he out of contract at the end of the season ? I can see United fucking up any renewal and we'll never know if he's got it at first team level for us.

Having seen him a bit at youth level before his injury I'd really like to know if he's got it for first team level. Clough himself says of youngsters "if you don't play them, you don't know".

We will see.

He might get 70 minutes playing out of position against Crewe after which he will disappear back on the bench then the under 21s and then loaned out again in the New Year.
Doubt that very much.
15 mins in the JPT if were winnng or out.
Then back to York :(

I read a comment in the shoutbox earlier saying that as it's a youth loan, we can't recall him?

My understanding from descriptions last year is that youth loan transfers mean he can play at any time for either team!
ie we don't have to break the loan to play him for example in the JPT.
And I'm sure that for example Ironside played for our u-21's(Monday normally) last year when out on loan.

I'm other news, the local newspaper reporter from York has been headhunted by the Sheffield Star. They think he'll fit right in.

Personally would have liked to see Diego stay at York for 3 months, have a decent run in their side and see what he could come up with in that time, lets now hope Nigel uses him properly and he gets a consistent run with the first team.

Yes he is out of contract at the end of the year, and can be approached by other clubs in January, to sign a precontract.
If it's an English club we would be entitled to Compo, but if is a Foreign club (Italian perhaps?) then we get nothing. Give him game time over the next few weeks in the hope we can get him to sign a new deal, or face losing him for nothing.

The great hope returns. Fresh from his adventures afar. Promotion is a formality.

No pressure then?

Back
Top Bottom