CONFIRMED Didzy released

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I’m holding on to the happy memories and wish him all the luck in the world but crikey everyone, he’s playing in L1 - light years off PL standard and what we need now.

He was awful at scoring to be fair..the amount of chances he missed

Harsh to say awful. He scored 15 in our promotion season and didn't miss too many.

Went through a really bad patch but he was absolutely integral to how we played in the PL. I remember the last time we played Spurs away, McGoldrick was pulling the strings and was the best player on the park by a distance.

Sublime footballer. Legend of the lane.

Harsh to say awful. He scored 15 in our promotion season and didn't miss too many.

Went through a really bad patch but he was absolutely integral to how we played in the PL. I remember the last time we played Spurs away, McGoldrick was pulling the strings and was the best player on the park by a distance.

Just to be pedantic but the last time we played Spurs away we got battered 4-0.

He scored 15 but it could’ve been 40, he did miss some great chances and to say he didn’t miss them is simply not true. Lovely footballer though!

Reactions: MKY
He scored 15 but it could’ve been 40, he did miss some great chances and to say he didn’t miss them is simply not true. Lovely footballer though!
He had one season where he missed loads and several seasons where he didnt

Suppose its up to the individual which season they want to remember
Incidentally that season was our highest finish in decades

I don't think he missed piles the season we went up. Sure some statistician would have the XG for him.
A lot used to drop to McGoldrick because of the way he floated around, really difficult to pick up when he arrived into the box.

Certainly not disputing that he wasn't an elite finisher, I'd just never use the word "awful" in association with McGoldrick.
Will never forget how he stepped up in the run in and dragged us to some key wins.

I don't think he missed piles the season we went up. Sure some statistician would have the XG for him.
A lot used to drop to McGoldrick because of the way he floated around, really difficult to pick up when he arrived into the box.

Certainly not disputing that he wasn't an elite finisher, I'd just never use the word "awful" in association with McGoldrick.
Will never forget how he stepped up in the run in and dragged us to some key wins.
I can’t argue with that, good summary.

I’m holding on to the happy memories and wish him all the luck in the world but crikey everyone, he’s playing in L1 - light years off PL standard and what we need now.
Worse than that, he's playing in L2! It was L1 last season and will be again next season :)

Has one of the best "football brains" of any player I've ever seen play for us. If his finishing matched his positional intelligence, and ability to pick a defence apart with a pass, he would have had a career at the very, very top level. It sounds mad, but I don't think it's unrealistic to compare him to someone like Bergkamp. Similar sort of player, but DB had the instinctive, natural finishing ability that Didzy sadly lacked when he was with us.

Genuinely one of my all-time favourite Blades. Wonderfully classy player to watch, and on his day the equal of anybody. Hope he keeps going and banging goals in for County for a while yet. Really glad he hasn't ended up at "Rattled" FC.

McGoldrick league goals vs expected goals for us:

2018-9 15 goals, 18.9 xg
2019-20 2 goals, 8.0 xg
2020-1 8 goals, 6.9 xg
2021-2 2 goals, 4.6 xg

Total: 27 goals, 38.4 xg

That suggests that he was poor at converting chances during his time with us, which I suspect most people would agree with.

He had one season where he missed loads and several seasons where he didnt

Suppose its up to the individual which season they want to remember
Incidentally that season was our highest finish in decades
You know full well that’s not true, Ftt.

2018-9 15 goals, 18.9 xg
2019-20 2 goals, 8.0 xg
2020-1 8 goals, 6.9 xg
2021-2 2 goals, 4.6 xg

That suggests that he was poor at converting chances during his time with us, which I suspect most people would agree with.

I agree, but not as poor against XG as I'd expected.

His vision, flicks, backheels etc really were top level. Before he came to us, I'd always thought of him as a championship journeyman, but he was way better than that.

I've been watching us since 1970, and he easily makes my top10 skillful/flair players.

2018-9 15 goals, 18.9 xg
2019-20 2 goals, 8.0 xg
2020-1 8 goals, 6.9 xg
2021-2 2 goals, 4.6 xg

All those stats suggest is he had one bad season at the highest level in Europe :)

End before that, who can forget the deadly duo that was Bourne and Butlin? Wonderful wonderful players.

I was at notts county today, work purposes. the great man walked towards me..

Me “im just taking my work cap off and putting my Blades cap on and say… thank you”

He shook my hand and slapped me on the shoulder with his other and said ‘up the Blades’

‘Once a Blades…. Always…..’ i didnt get time to finish before he said

‘Absolutely’

My man crush on him went up even more..

I was at notts county today, work purposes. the great man walked towards me..

Me “im just taking my work cap off and putting my Blades cap on and say… thank you”

He shook my hand and slapped me on the shoulder with his other and said ‘up the Blades’

‘Once a Blades…. Always…..’ i didnt get time to finish before he said

‘Absolutely’

My man crush on him went up even more..
He’s in my top 3 favourite blades of all time for sure

He’s in my top 3 favourite blades of all time for sure

Still can't get over him missing sitter after sitter and after every one the crowd singing his name unironically*.

Never seen that level of support for a blades player going through a bad patch before.

*as opposed to say "if porter scores, we're on the pitch"

Still can't get over him missing sitter after sitter and after every one the crowd singing his name unironically*.

Never seen that level of support for a blades player going through a bad patch before.

*as opposed to say "if porter scores, we're on the pitch"
Brighton away before the world changed was heartwarming for that. I would imagine that plays a big part in his affection for us.

In my top 5 favourite blades players of my era. A great person and player!

Back
Top Bottom