CONFIRMED Didzy released

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I remember when we signed him. We were after Martyn fucking Waghorn and we missed out, then we signed McGoldrick on a free and many of us, myself included were like 'fuck sake, typical tinpot Blades etc...'

One of my favourite Blades ever. Brilliant footballer with elite level technical ability.

McGoldrick!!!??? Are you having a larf ? Wtf etc....etc

Absolute legend. Left nowt in the changing room. Good luck fella.

Sad news on Didzy. Well appreciated by me, my son and my Grandson, who loved to sing his name.
All the very best Didzy; great player. We fondly remember him winning promotion against Ipswich.

Some nice quotes from Didzy here:

What a superstar. Genuinely one of my all-time favourite players. Intelligent, humble, well-spoken and a supremely gifted footballer that would surely have reached far greater heights than he did if not for being so injury-prone earlier in his career.

He'll never have to buy his own pint in Sheffield again. Hope he gets a decent club for a last go.

OOOOOOOH DAVID MCGOLDRICK

Good read that👍🏻

Nice touch from the club here letting him complete his rehab

If he does come back as a fan I think it’s safe to say he’ll never have to buy his own beer. I’m glad it’s ended amicably between club and player and that relationship isn’t tarnished because he’s right the respect for him from the fan base is immense and it would’ve been a shame had that been tarnished.

Legend absolute class at times apart from his finishing everything looked so easy for him.

The bloke is pure class and I am glad he got his dream of PL football. Fans at his previous clubs said he fully deserved a chance at that level.

A heartfelt tribute from Didz on his Instagram whilst Mousset shares a video lording it up on a private jet and liking the post from the club confirming his release. Gulf in class between these two. Hope Lys rots on a bench somewhere

What a quality bloke and player, both obvious to anyone who has an ounce of respect about them, he’s top drawer in every aspect.
#NotTooLateToOfferNewContract

I really do think he'd still do us a job in Championship, if he'd accept a lower wage (assuming he's been a higher earner this season, due to his overall brilliance).

N.B. Unless this injury has kind of finished him. No idea. Hopefully not either way.

its a sad day. it is hard to express how much i loved mcgoldrick. for me 1 of greatest technical players ive seen in my time. because ive seen a player that could read the game like he could. i always joked that at his best if he could finish. he wouldnt be at united because he couldve walked into a top 10 PL team. because 15 goals a season added to that technical ability

this is 1 of my favourite goals of his, everything about is fantastic. to start the move on the halfway line. with 35 yd cross pitch pass which norwood would be proud of & then ghosts his way into box, with perfect timing. full deserving of goal of the year any year

Watching that seems surreal now, think I've blotted those days from memory and I shouldn't have..

If he could finish, like we've said we couldn't afford him.. Legend.

Struggling to find anything to say that hasn't already been said really.

The correct decision but also a sad one. Players come and go but some leave a legacy, they will be remembered forever.

This is definitely Didzy. What he gave you don't measure in stats and you won't find it playing Fifa. The man is a legend for us, its that simple.

Thank you Didzy

Back
Top Bottom