CONFIRMED Didzy released

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Absolutely the right decision. Didzy has been good for us but age has caught up with him. I’m sure he’s known this was going to happen for a while.
An absolute credit to professional football,to The Blades and to himself as a person,thanks for your efforts and skills.All the best to him.

Hero ❤️ Thanks for everything Didzy

A bit sad to see McGoldrick leave he has been class for us probably his best spell of his career has been for us. The only one of the three who will be missed.
Mousset for all his negatives probably paid his transfer fee back in his first season scoring some wonderful goals, such a crying shame he hasn't grown up and has very little desire to be a top pro. I predict for all his talent he will slowly sink into obscurity.
Freeman, I expected much more from him. It seems he is a very good player for the lower leagues but never impressed here or out on loan in the Championship I think we bought him two or three seasons too late.

Absolutely love the man. Such an intelligent footballer. Unfortunately age catches up with us all and in football sooner than in most careers. All the best for whatever is next Didzy.

I know it's on another post but purchased one of these and definitely worth it! Didzy shown at his finest

Football can be hard game, it can be a passionate, painful, sublime and ridiculous all at the same time.

And every so often a player comes along and makes it beautiful, McGoldrick was one of those rare players.

Even if he'd have never scored a goal for us, the way he played the game made me want to jump up and cheer. Will go down as one of my all time favourite blades and hope he gets the send off he deserves tomorrow.

Poise, grace

These two words. The ability to compute everything that’s going on around you, then execute the necessary skill to navigate through it, giving the impression that time moves slower at your command. Oh, and he was tough too.

A unique player in my forty-something years - nobody else quite like him.

Words cannot describe the contribution David McGoldrick has made for United. Signed for nothing, gave everything, played a huge part in getting promoted and staying there for two seasons. He's got to be be of the best signings we've ever made, let alone on a free transfer. I think there's not a blade in the world that wouldn't buy him a pint to say thank you didzy - legend.

Last edited:
Will be fondly remembered. Sad to see Freeman go too, never thought he got a fair crack here and always looked right enough when I saw him.
He was alright in that first season but appeared unfit this season and plagued by injuries. Destined for Derby IMO

Absolute baller. Glad he got to play for "dem Blades in the Prem". About the only bright spot in the shambles of next season and I wish him all the best. Back to Forest for their promotion campaign next year?

1_GettyImages-1229511601.jpg
I want to see him go to Notts County become player-manager and take them up single handedly

Proper footballer, took dogs abuse from the usual fucking helmets when he missed a few chances but if you watch and know anything about the game, you'd know what a lovely footballer he was.

His close control and the languid way he went about his business was a joy to watch. Someone referred to him as a Rolls Royce, indeed he was. Best of luck to the bloke.

UTBFTP

its a sad day. it is hard to express how much i loved mcgoldrick. for me 1 of greatest technical players ive seen in my time. because ive seen a player that could read the game like he could. i always joked that at his best if he could finish. he wouldnt be at united because he couldve walked into a top 10 PL team. because 15 goals a season added to that technical ability

this is 1 of my favourite goals of his, everything about is fantastic. to start the move on the halfway line. with 35 yd cross pitch pass which norwood would be proud of & then ghosts his way into box, with perfect timing. full deserving of goal of the year any year

These two words. The ability to compute everything that’s going on around you, then execute the necessary skill to navigate through it, giving the impression that time moves slower at your command. Oh, and he was tough too.

A unique player in my forty-something years - nobody else quite like him.
He really was. Loved a tackle and so difficult to get off the ball.

So sad to hear David has been released, good luck Didz, all the best to you and your family for the future.
I just hope we will see you in the crowd at Wembley, celebrating a blades win.

You are a class person, footballer and human being, wish there where more like you.

Most enjoyable goal, that screamer to the top corner at Hull, we knew then that perhaps automatic promotion was poss.

A pint is stood on the bar for you.
Thankyou David.
God bless again.

Like Bash, he's often got us going in the last few years single handed when there was nowt doing. If we all are in early tomorrow like we've been asked and get to give him a proper send off, he could be the difference who gives us a lift one last time.

What a wonderful little chapter having David Mcgoldrick at the club has been. Skilful, committed, graceful and unique.

I do agree it’s the right decision, especially as we already have his replacement and heir in N’Diaye already at the club, but it’s the saddest I’ve felt in a long time about saying goodbye to a player.

I don't want to be that guy that bashes the club for everything they do, but I don't think McGoldrick being released should have been bundled into a statement with Mousset & Freeman... the man has been a legend of this club.

I hope he gets some sort of send off tomorrow and that we allow him to stick around for rehabilitation and preseason training so that he's ready for his next move.
Same thoughts exactly - just posted this on a private group of overseas ex High Storrs Blades

“And which numpty in PR writes this banal crap.
“United would like to thank David, Lys and
Luke for the contribution they made to the
club in their time as a Blade”
Just like the lack of any true recognition as to what Tufty had achieved, this makes it sound as if all 3 of Didsy, Freeman and Moosefat” made equal contributions. FFS, the club needs to have some respect for its players that really have played a key role. Although after the bollox of a job in the Forest ticketing, there appears to be little respect for fans either. Bettis needs to man up and explain the club’s actions or F-Off as he certainly is not leading as a CEO should (said by an ex CEO…😉)

Absolute legend - one of the most sublime players to have graced a United shirt in my 50+ years of supporting the club”

Outside of all the obvious memories from his time on the pitch, this video of him going out of his way to celebrate with Basham’s kid in the promotion celebrations always stuck with with me and put a smile on my face. Just a little thing which showed what a class guy he is.

All the best Didzy and thanks for the memories.

Going to have a trial... At Boro 🤯

I hear Chrissy Wilders a fan.

This is my 61st season watching United, in that time 3 players had the ability to give goosebumps by the sheer ease with which they played the game.
Joe Shaw, Tony Currie and Glyn Hodges.
David McGoldrick joins that gifted trio to make it a quartet of players I will treasure to my end.
Thanks Didzy, an amazing footballer.

Same thoughts exactly - just posted this on a private group of overseas ex High Storrs Blades

“And which numpty in PR writes this banal crap.
“United would like to thank David, Lys and
Luke for the contribution they made to the
club in their time as a Blade”
Just like the lack of any true recognition as to what Tufty had achieved, this makes it sound as if all 3 of Didsy, Freeman and Moosefat” made equal contributions. FFS, the club needs to have some respect for its players that really have played a key role. Although after the bollox of a job in the Forest ticketing, there appears to be little respect for fans either. Bettis needs to man up and explain the club’s actions or F-Off as he certainly is not leading as a CEO should (said by an ex CEO…😉)

Absolute legend - one of the most sublime players to have graced a United shirt in my 50+ years of supporting the club”

To be fair, I think they course corrected after the initial statement and put out a montage etc.

Best free signing ever. Enjoyed watching him play so much, particularly the promotion season. Most skillful, and unpredictable player I think I have ever seen in the red and white.

Thanks didzy.

Back
Top Bottom