Match Thread Derby County v. Sheffield United - 29th July 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No he can't. He was constantly by passed and outmuscled when not in possession of the ball to-day. When in possession he preferred to check back too much slowing down our progress up the field.

We need to re fit the whole of the left side of the team at LWB, LCB, LM and LAM as to-days lack of progress and defensively frailty down the left showed. A fit RND, new 6 foot 3 plus LCB, O'Brien from Florist and getting Mcatee back on loan would solve all that. Unfortunately we don't have the cash to achieve it so I expect Osborn to start against Palace unless we get a number of deals over the line in the next 10 days.
Agree with you on the status quo but surely we’ll get 2 strong Lfooters in for LCB & LMF ?
Having only Robbo Osborn & Fleck is effectively throwing the towel in

Ozzy, in my opinion is fine at LWB. Unfortunately he is asked to play in every position br his best and gets pelters. The bloke asking him to play anywhere but where he's decent should get the stick. Not Ozzy
You’re right in that he’s often asked to play different roles, but he’s not good enough at championship level let alone premier league

Ozzy, in my opinion is fine at LWB. Unfortunately he is asked to play in every position br his best and gets pelters. The bloke asking him to play anywhere but where he's decent should get the stick. Not Ozzy
What about the bloke who paid good money to buy him ?

Osula is 19 FFS, the lad has pace, power and a good touch. Still needs to develop his composure, the fact he’s getting into positions in which he could score, is better than half of the established strikers we’ve seen in red and white over the past decade or so. Although, I imagine the people having a go got promoted to manager at their day jobs after a week.

Wilder signed him , PH extended him.
Well , I say extended but he still seems to be the same height

Osula is 19 FFS, the lad has pace, power and a good touch. Still needs to develop his composure, the fact he’s getting into positions in which he could score, is better than half of the established strikers we’ve seen in red and white over the past decade or so. Although, I imagine the people having a go got promoted to manager at their day jobs after a week.
Of course he has time to develop - not his fault that the rest of our strike force is depleted - at19 he’s one for the future whom we must keep

Of course he has time to develop - not his fault that the rest of our strike force is depleted - at19 he’s one for the future whom we must keep

“Hence 19 FFS” doesn’t need to be judged at this age. He’s no where near the finished article, but he has a better foundation than most at his age. He’ll eventually turn into a match fit mousett

I agree Berge did some good work defensively in the second half, but he's played in the central midfield position a number of times for us before and been massively underwhelming. All his best games have come when he's pushing forward on the right of a midfield three.
Towards the end of last season he played in a central duo with Doyle. They had a good understanding, complimented each other well and we played good football.

never sugar coats things , always honest
its good that some of our fans are slaughtering Osula , a 19 year old needs telling hes useless while trying to step up

we did a fine job scapègoating Calvin Lewin when he was getting in position but not scoring

and Everton are highly delighted our fans sorted him out

Good workout for Lowe, Osborn, and Robinson playing a team at their level.
Id HAVE TO CHECK but didnt they play a few games when we gained automatic promotion above 22 other championship sides last season

this constant degrading of our players is past a joke , no they wont ever play for man city but to call them league one after last season is well fucking insulting

carl asaba whose opinion I do regard says Osula is on course to be a top player , now who do I belive , ex blade hero or some annual whingers whod complain if we let a goal beating man city 7-1

Thought the game was a good guide to how our pre season is building nicely , the only bad points to me are the injuries weve sustained

Id HAVE TO CHECK but didnt they play a few games when we gained automatic promotion above 22 other championship sides last season

this constant degrading of our players is past a joke , no they wont ever play for man city but to call them league one after last season is well fucking insulting
Soz

The most important issue with Osula & Jebbo is that we get them onto a long contract because by next season they will play a significant role in winning the Championship and if we have gone down , which is more likely than not , they need to be with us.

Towards the end of last season he played in a central duo with Doyle. They had a good understanding, complimented each other well and we played good football.

True, but that's not quite the same as playing as the central pivot in a three man midfield, which was the role he played today, the role he apparently prefers, and the role he's generally underperformed in when playing. Perhaps I could have been more precise about that.

Maybe he played well in this 90 minutes, he certainly hasn't played particularly well over the years...
the jump to this is quite bizarre
so he hasnt contibuted in getting first in the play offs and then getting automatic promotion ,,, amazing
I know you want to win the argument but your interpretation of my post is just terrible and you can't look at what I've written and think that it in anyway says what you put.

If so , they have to be a LCB & Lfooted MF equal to Doyle.
Two things will determine if this is correct. Heckinbottom and fate.

Some positional changes in the starting line up aganst Derby, gives us an indication of PH breadth of thinking. Shuffling the players we’ve got makes sense pre season. It gives us options and makes the opposition think about our tactical approach being more varied.

He’s quite obviously good enough at Championship level. Premier League remains to be seen.
Not sure it’s quite obvious… the Left Wing Back position became free a number of times and he couldn’t hold down the shirt at all. At best he’s a back up plan that works hard.

Not sure it’s quite obvious… the Left Wing Back position became free a number of times and he couldn’t hold down the shirt at all. At best he’s a back up plan that works hard.

He’s played over 300 games at Championship level or above and he’s never played below that. I’d say it’s quite obvious

He’s played over 300 games at Championship level or above and he’s never played below that. I’d say it’s quite obvious
Those have been under several different (professional) football managers.

Of course our experts on here, know much better.

Back
Top Bottom