Match Thread Derby County v. Sheffield United - 29th July 2023

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Whipped in like a bullet by the maestro after great run by Basham

Derby number 8 dirty little c***

Second half thoughts;

Sluggish at times but finished well.
We really are vulnerable down our left side. Poor goal should have been closed down for the cross.
Had a five minute wobble good save from Wes and they miss a free header from a corner.
Osula gets into good positions but really needs a goal for his confidence.
Slimane really good all round performance.
Berge defensively did very well. Are we now seeing the real Berge in his favourite position?
Lost count of the number of times Robinson and Osborn checked back when in possession slowing the attack down.
Baldock what a competitor. Gets riled by a foot left in late, which they were allowed to do by a weak ref all match, then runs the length of the field to blast the ball in with his left foot.
Bash new role for him on the right in the middle? great interception, stumbled pass then sublime finish from Ndiaye.
Ndiaye on a different planet to all the other players on the pitch.
Very good work out against a Derby team who should do well in league 1.

I admire your optimism. Even if your maths is correct, two quality PL ready loan signings could easily use the remaining funds in fees and wages! Personally, I believe the acquisition funds could be stretched further if PH makes a case for it.

We are not well known for paying big fees and wagers in the past, and that has diverted much needed players elsewhere. I also think we could be obliged to accept the likes of Norwood, JLT and Basham as back up players in the EPL.

Who knows what Hecky’s worst case scenario is? I think your opinion is idealistic. I hope PH is persuasive but experience tells me two quality loans is the most we will get.
If so , they have to be a LCB & Lfooted MF equal to Doyle.

Osula couldn't finish his dinner could have had a hat trick if he can't score against a L1 team what chance in the Prem, yes it's pre season but could have played himself into contention against Palace. Jebbo scores goals I'm really unsure re Osula ...UTB.. on reflection a few on the pitch couldn't score in Birds of Paradise
He's missed chances every game this pre-season. On the one hand it's good he's getting into positions to score, but worrying that he can't find the back of the net against senior teams. This is where Jack Lester and others will truly earn their money if they can help him transition from junior to senior football.

Second half thoughts;

Sluggish at times but finished well.
We really are vulnerable down our left side. Poor goal should have been closed down for the cross.
Had a five minute wobble good save from Wes and they miss a free header from a corner.
Osula gets into good positions but really needs a goal for his confidence.
Slimane really good all round performance.
Berge defensively did very well. Are we now seeing the real Berge in his favourite position?
Lost count of the number of times Robinson and Osborn checked back when in possession slowing the attack down.
Baldock what a competitor. Gets riled by a foot left in late, which they were allowed to do by a weak ref all match, then runs the length of the field to blast the ball in with his left foot.
Bash new role for him on the right in the middle? great interception, stumbled pass then sublime finish from Ndiaye.
Ndiaye on a different planet to all the other players on the pitch.
Very good work out against a Derby team who should do well in league 1.

There's not enough ability in the left sided trio of Robinson-Osborn-Lowe. Each of them would look better, less of a weakness, if there was at least one attacking asset among them.

There's not enough ability in the left sided trio of Robinson-Osborn-Lowe. Each of them would look better, less of a weakness, if there was at least one attacking asset among them.
Agree. Mcatee is a huge loss down that side. Would have liked to have seen more of Brooks to-day for Osborn.

Agree. Mcatee is a huge loss down that side. Would have liked to have seen more of Brooks to-day for Osborn.

Brooks started great, and I wished we'd put him on earlier. Then he showed his weakness in losing the ball unnecessarily. If he got rid of that part of his game it would be easier for Hecky to put him on more often. I think he needs a loan, but we'll have to get additions in first.

I noticed Slimane play more down the left in the 2nd half

Enjoyed listening to Derbys commentary today (Rams TV). I find it much better to hear opposition commentators views on us than Asaba et al. They weren’t too biased towards Derby and highlighted some good things about us.

Against 3rd div kids, ok😂
If you think sander is anything other than our best midfielder you might be better off over at s6, just spend a game watching him not just on the ball everything he does he is levels above owt else we have and there is no way we could replace him with anyone better

Back
Top Bottom