Player Suggestion Demarai Gray

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

29 appearances for Leicester last season suggests they see him as a regular squad player. would be a fantastic signing but i can't see them letting him go....and surely they would be looking for £20m plus.....

He would certainly offer us something that we haven't got much of in pace but I just couldn't see Leicester being willing to off-load him.

There are good reasons why he does not start many games for Leicester, will never be the player he thinks he is.

There are good reasons why he does not start many games for Leicester, will never be the player he thinks he is.

Good point.....self-belief counts for so much, and I'm not taking about an exaggerated sense of your own ability but understanding what you can and cannot achieve.
If you look at Vardy, he's been consistently good ever since he signed for Leicester. His game is based on several things, but mainly his pace, knowing he can beat an opponent and that he's able to convert where other players might waste an opportunity. At times Gray impresses, but it happens in flashes so there's still a lot of work to be done.

That doesn't mean every winger can play as a striker

Demarai Gray is an out and out winger

That doesn't mean every winger can play as a striker

Demarai Gray is an out and out winger
The point I’m making is that just because someone has been a winger all his career doesn’t mean he won’t turn into a successful striker. If he has the skill set to score goals then he can be converted. The ruling out of people solely using this narrative is potentially short sighted.
Basham and Jagielka were midfielders converted to successful centre backs, going back there were loads of examples of players developing into new positions very successfully. Dion Dublin was a CB who converted to a striker.
Now say he’s too expensive on too much money for our wage structure not got the skill set to play a different position fair enough but this obsession with pigeon holing players into just one position in itself with no other reasons, not so fair enough in my opinion.

The point I’m making is that just because someone has been a winger all his career doesn’t mean he won’t turn into a successful striker. If he has the skill set to score goals then he can be converted. The ruling out of people solely using this narrative is potentially short sighted.
Basham and Jagielka were midfielders converted to successful centre backs, going back there were loads of examples of players developing into new positions very successfully. Dion Dublin was a CB who converted to a striker.
Now say he’s too expensive on too much money for our wage structure not got the skill set to play a different position fair enough but this obsession with pigeon holing players into just one position in itself with no other reasons, not so fair enough in my opinion.
I agree, but Demarai Gray is definitely a winger. And that's who was suggested.

Back
Top Bottom