Decent Players, not so decent for the Blades?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Paul ifill used to rip us apart everytime against Millwall, he had the odd good game for us but never as good as he was against us.

International, capped 54 times - I give you Robin Olsen. Currently being kept out of the side by an overperforming L1 standard GK.

Berge also impressed previously including at Champions League level.

Other suggestions (apologies if already mentioned:
- Terry Curran
- James Beattie (2nd time around)
- Darius Henderson
- Ched Evans (2nd time around)
- Nathan Blake
- Barry Hayles

And someone, somewhere must have rated Nosworthy at some stage in his pre-Utd career.

Not so sure about Darius Henderson although he was a bit of an outhouse he had a decent scoring record. 20 in 72 appearances not that bad a return, would definitely have him over Craig Beattie

Paul ifill used to rip us apart everytime against Millwall, he had the odd good game for us but never as good as he was against us.

I thought Ifill was decent to be fair to him - scored 9 goals in that promotion season, made him our third highest scorer and just 2 behind Shipperley.

I thought Ifill was decent to be fair to him - scored 9 goals in that promotion season, made him our third highest scorer and just 2 behind Shipperley.
I think he was top creator that year too.

Barry hayles,
Ade akinbyi,
Brian Howard
Leon Britton
Don Hutchison
Brian marwood
Keith Gillespie
Trianos dellas

Not so sure about Darius Henderson although he was a bit of an outhouse he had a decent scoring record. 20 in 72 appearances not that bad a return, would definitely have him over Craig Beattie

When was Craig Beattie good against Utd, or for that matter, against anyone? I don't think you'd find anyone that would prefer him to Henderson! :)

Henderson was always a handful against Utd - I remember him just bullying the Utd CBs whilst playing for Watford. For the Blades, he always seemed to be either injured or suspended. I'm surprised he played as many as 72 games for United even that was over 3 season (therefore only available for 1 in 2 games)

Florent Cuvelier anyone??
Brought in with a very good reputation. One of Belgium's future superstars (represented all through the youth levels upto U21s) and regarded as a great addition to the squad. Came to us and we broke him so badly (with help from Port Vale - Think he got a serious injury there and was out for a long time) that his career never really recovered.
Sold him to Walsall?? where he had a couple of seasons before pretty much disappearing

Florent Cuvelier anyone??
Brought in with a very good reputation. One of Belgium's future superstars (represented all through the youth levels upto U21s) and regarded as a great addition to the squad. Came to us and we broke him so badly (with help from Port Vale - Think he got a serious injury there and was out for a long time) that his career never really recovered.
Sold him to Walsall?? where he had a couple of seasons before pretty much disappearing

First signing with HRH's money before the investment was announced.

The injury at Port Vale was horrific and he was never the same player. Very unfortunate as he apparently had a top attitude, unlike that of the other signing from Walsall, Febien Brandy.

Joe Ironside? He's smashed it in the lower leagues, unfortunately Weir stuck him up front of his own for us while "managing" us and the young lad didn't stand a chance!

Also Dean Sturridge was someone I'd wanted for years, but his loan spell it better best forgotten

First signing with HRH's money before the investment was announced.

The injury at Port Vale was horrific and he was never the same player. Very unfortunate as he apparently had a top attitude, unlike that of the other signing from Walsall, Febien Brandy.
I've always felt sorry for Cuvelier, Stoke fans wanted to keep him in the Premiership and he was a talented lad. Played well in the Saints Cup game but we seemed to play him as a holding midfielder before injuries ruined his career. Last seen delivering pizzas..

i’ll be keeping an eye on how Burke does at Millwall.

I do wonder if there’s something going on in the background at utd which is hampering player performance, backroom staff or management team… just seems weird how many promising players have come here and it’s not happened, not saying Burke is one of them but it’d make me wonder if he starts to do well elsewhere (similar to lowe i guess)

What about players that were once great for united and then turned shit.

Loads to choose from in the current squad.

What about players that were once great for united and then turned shit.

Loads to choose from in the current squad.
Ebanks landell, thought we needed to sign him permanently and would definitely play at least championship level, don't think he's gone above league 1 since.

Back
Top Bottom