CONFIRMED Dean Hammond

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The worst thing about this transfer was Adkins insistence that he'd done the right thing signing him, bigging up his performances, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Presumably the deal has already been thrashed out, giving him little option than to defend Hammond, contrary to the evidence in front of us.

UTB

The worst thing about this transfer was Adkins insistence that he'd done the right thing signing him, bigging up his performances, despite all evidence to the contrary.

Presumably the deal has already been thrashed out, giving him little option than to defend Hammond, contrary to the evidence in front of us.

UTB
The loan was supposed to be until the new year (or so we thought ) it was clear by then his legs had gone and to take it till the end of the season and beyond was stupid.when. talking about fitness Hammond I would think would be up there with the fittest of our players but pace is a different thing all together and many footballers lose it soon after turning 30 (he was one ) long distance runners tend to hit there peak in there early thirties even pace running is not what football's about ( changing pace and sprinting ) Adkins should have realised Hammond short comings very quickly ( qualified physio )

Oh dear. Amazing reading back through all the old comments.

In amongst all the clamouring and excitement however, was one mans quiet whisperings of wisdom.

I won't remind you who it was.

Oh dear. Amazing reading back through all the old comments.

In amongst all the clamouring and excitement however, was one mans quiet whisperings of wisdom.

I won't remind you who it was.
You'll have to remind me barnes

long distance runners tend to hit there peak in there early thirties even pace running is not what football's about ( changing pace and sprinting )

that's right, different kind of fitness - I used to run half marathons in my 20's then dug my boots out for some inter-works 11 a side football competition. Thought it would be a breeze with all the running I was doing and the morning after the first game I could hardly walk, the muscles at the top of my legs in particular were bad.

Back
Top Bottom