Deadbat's Season Preview + Predictions

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Do you have the patience to let him replace them without losing faith in him?

Of course. We have to be patient. Not sure how he can replace them externally when he clearly will have no money and continue to lose his few decent players he has.

I am just surprised he is starting with them. Maybe as others have said he has no choice. Now McMahon is fit he should replace Westlake who is simply not good enough. Ditto for Hill with Williams. These changes could be made now and instantly make us more solid. People may say Westlake and Williams give us more going forward and you could agree but this is negligible really. Our biggest strength was our defensive work this season.

Attacking sense having lost Robson, Kitson, Blackman and now McDonald probably; we have little creativity and little to no goals. We have to be looking to get a striker in ASAP. Porter is not good enough and Taylor is unproven.

By the end of August this is key if we want to be nearer the top than the bottom.

As for those saying Weir knew what the situation was etc; maybe he does but his words and interviews smack of many inexperienced managers (Bruce, Heath, Speed etc) who have been here before. At first they smile and get on with it but slowly but surely comments start to differ as more sales/carpet is pulled from under them occurs. Eventually they tend to snap and fall out with the board and eventually leave. It has happened time and time again. Hope he is in for the long haul but Weir has to be somewhere in between a yes man and someone who recognises the tough situation we are in.

The way that Weir put the team together with MacDonald and produced some good football, I believe, shows that he has good instincts - it could have happened last year but our previous DW did not see it. So, now he has to re-think. Based on the inventive way he approached things I would not write him off or the team until he has had time to work through this situation. Perhaps being the defensive 1-0 team is our only option, I doubt it but then I'm no expert, just a fan.

Back
Top Bottom