Outgoing? David Brooks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree largely with the above. Such is the ridiculous sums of money being in the Prem, it’s worth buying players who may end up being a waste (Robinson a key example). The longer you stay there, your worse players leave and are often replaced by people better than the first team.

My main wish was someone who other fans would say “you just can’t get the ball off him”, which I presume will be Berge.

Goalscorer is next. We have the flamboyant quality (Mousset) so it’s a younger Billy we need (an Ings type). Someone who just clearly has the quality to play in this league and will regularly score. I don’t think that’ll ever be McBurnie, but you never know.
There is a young Billy in-waiting (Leo). Sadly still slightly too young for now :(

Agree largely with the above. Such is the ridiculous sums of money being in the Prem, it’s worth buying players who may end up being a waste (Robinson a key example). The longer you stay there, your worse players leave and are often replaced by people better than the first team.

My main wish was someone who other fans would say “you just can’t get the ball off him”, which I presume will be Berge.

Goalscorer is next. We have the flamboyant quality (Mousset) so it’s a younger Billy we need (an Ings type). Someone who just clearly has the quality to play in this league and will regularly score. I don’t think that’ll ever be McBurnie, but you never know.

We won't lose a penny on Robinson, I'm betting if we sell we make a profit on him now mcabe isn't sticking his beak in..

I like the kid, and 7mill was a steal..

Edit, I agree about the player you couldn't get the ball off too, that was Brooks, the Brooks of now sadly would be too big a gamble for us.. we've done well in hindsight, didn't seem it when he was starring on motd every Saturday night..

I remember posters saying "what if he gets a serious injury" after Brooks was sold, so turns out a great bit of business, but my thoughts go out to the lad, what a player, in the history books for us, no doubt about that..

We won't lose a penny on Robinson, I'm betting if we sell we make a profit on him now mcabe isn't sticking his beak in..

Edit, I agree about the player you couldn't get the ball off too, that was Brooks, the Brooks of now sadly would be too big a gamble for us.. we've done well in hindsight, didn't seem it when he was starring on motd every Saturday night..

I remember posters saying "what if he gets a serious injury" after Brooks was sold, so turns out a great bit of business, but my thoughts go out to the lad, what a player, in the history books for us, no doubt about that..
Can see us selling Robinson to West Brom if they go up Robinson’s been there best player since he’s gone there .

I’d keep freeman why sell a ready made replacement for fleck If he ever gets injured.
As long as freeman is happy to stay there’s no need to sell him
All were missing is a proper 10/15 goal prem striker, mcburnie has been excellent but I don’t think he’ll score that many

Can see us selling Robinson to West Brom if they go up Robinson’s been there best player since he’s gone there .

I’d keep freeman why sell a ready made replacement for fleck If he ever gets injured.
As long as freeman is happy to stay there’s no need to sell him
All were missing is a proper 10/15 goal prem striker, mcburnie has been excellent but I don’t think he’ll score that many
If WBA inquire about him and he shows an interest in going ! Wilder will let him go for the right price.
Wilder only wants players who want to play for us and I think he's right.

It shouldn't be out of the question to double our money on Robinson, if you wanted a top striker from the Championship last season you had to pay £20m for him. Always saw him as a gamble though as he'd only had half a good season but he could still turn out to be PL quality, as could McB who isn't yet. Mousset was a proper wild card and to me has looked the best of the lot just hope the 'issues' whatever they are are sorted out. Sharp will still always score not sure how much is left in him though. McG again good player just needs that goal; none of our strike force were losses just that none are a Mitrovic either but we'll never get him as his wages are probably already triple our ceiling.

It shouldn't be out of the question to double our money on Robinson, if you wanted a top striker from the Championship last season you had to pay £20m for him. Always saw him as a gamble though as he'd only had half a good season but he could still turn out to be PL quality, as could McB who isn't yet. Mousset was a proper wild card and to me has looked the best of the lot just hope the 'issues' whatever they are are sorted out. Sharp will still always score not sure how much is left in him though. McG again good player just needs that goal; none of our strike force were losses just that none are a Mitrovic either but we'll never get him as his wages are probably already triple our ceiling.

Agree completely mate

Agree about Mousset, a class act, but ......Ollie's à trier with lots of positive qualities but scoring goals doesn't seem to be one of them. Robinson's been a disappointment, not good enough. McG is quality.
We're still looking for that goal scorer, I hope it's Mousse....or any fucker for that matter

If WBA inquire about him and he shows an interest in going ! Wilder will let him go for the right price.
Wilder only wants players who want to play for us and I think he's right.
I’m sure Callum Robinson wants to play for us but I don’t think he wants to be a substitute for us neither does freeman for another full season nor should they want too

I’m sure Callum Robinson wants to play for us but I don’t think he wants to be a substitute for us neither does freeman for another full season nor should they want too
If WBA go up which seems likely Robinson will sign for them if they want him.
Dont think he will have any desire to return to being a sub for Blades.
Which should .hopefully make a profit on any sale, which can be put to good use.

The price for Robinson should be set quite high. We got him cheap because of his contract running down and injury issues the year before, he's overcome that now.

He's a proven Championship forward that can create and score goals and he's had a lot of minutes this season in the Prem. Got to be worth at least £13m and his age.

I still do think he's a talent, but he can't play with his back to goal and lacks a lot of strength. He also lacks pace to run in behind so he's never going to suit our system. As a wide forward in a front 3 he can seemingly do damage.

Good luck to him. I think if we could use the funds to bring in Che Adams, a more direct, powerful young talent with better finishing ability we'd have done a great bit of business.

If WBA go up which seems likely Robinson will sign for them if they want him.
Dont think he will have any desire to return to being a sub for Blades.
Which should .hopefully make a profit on any sale, which can be put to good use.

Be a shame cause think he is quality will do well for West Brom in the Prem as a wide player

The price for Robinson should be set quite high. We got him cheap because of his contract running down and injury issues the year before, he's overcome that now.

He's a proven Championship forward that can create and score goals and he's had a lot of minutes this season in the Prem. Got to be worth at least £13m and his age.

I still do think he's a talent, but he can't play with his back to goal and lacks a lot of strength. He also lacks pace to run in behind so he's never going to suit our system. As a wide forward in a front 3 he can seemingly do damage.

Good luck to him. I think if we could use the funds to bring in Che Adams, a more direct, powerful young talent with better finishing ability we'd have done a great bit of business.

What makes you think that Adam's would be a better option than Robinson

Adam's is only just over a year younger than Robinson.
Better finishing ability ?
Adam's that has played 22 times and not scored a single Premiership goal.

Don't be surprised if Robinson gets another chance next season.
If Robinson does leave then I certainly hope we don't waste what ever money we get on Adam's.

Robinson was WBA's best player in the time he was there. IMHO he's a class act but we just don't play the formation that gets the best out of him whereas WBA do.

Agree to an extent re what type of fee we could get but those stating top Champ strikers were going for £20m so we price accordingly are way off the mark unfortunately.
McB and Maupey went for that as they scored 25+ last season. Robbo will never be that type of player so a fee of £10m plus would be a good bit of business for me as he isn't really a striker as we've found out.

He's a left sided forward who adds assists and some goals so to compare him to the 2 above isn't really realistic IMO.

What makes you think that Adam's would be a better option than Robinson

Adam's is only just over a year younger than Robinson.
Better finishing ability ?
Adam's that has played 22 times and not scored a single Premiership goal.

Don't be surprised if Robinson gets another chance next season.
If Robinson does leave then I certainly hope we don't waste what ever money we get on Adam's.

Completely different players. Adams is a striker whereas Robbo is a wide forward so not really a fair comparison.

FWIW I rate Adams and feel he would fit in well here alongside McB as the partnership wouldn't be dissimilar to the one he had with Jutkiewicz at Brum where he excelled.

Probably not worth worrying about as highly doubt he's in CW's plans anyway.

Poor lad hit crossbar with a good shot for Bournemouth tonite against Newcastle.

Feel sorry for him as his dream move to the Prem looks like its coming to an end,cannot see a way out with the games that Bournemouth have got to play yet.

david brooks 1.gif

Poor lad hit crossbar with a good shot for Bournemouth tonite against Newcastle.

Feel sorry for him as his dream move to the Prem looks like its coming to an end,cannot see a way out with the games that Bournemouth have got to play yet.

View attachment 84405
I know right? If only another Premiership team could take him on next season when they go down.
A team he knows well and is already adored by their fans.

Bournemouth are down. Their last 6 games are horrible. Question is where will Brooks go and for how much? Probably won’t be Spurs now as Mourinho is there.
I’ll go Man U (unless they get Sancho-But I don’t think they will) £20M

With Covid hitting revenues hard. Would any team take a punt on him given his recent injury record?
Your probably looking at £30 million plus for Brooks even with his patchy injury record. Who would be able to afford that amount or higher?

With Covid hitting revenues hard. Would any team take a punt on him given his recent injury record?
Your probably looking at £30 million plus for Brooks even with his patchy injury record. Who would be able to afford that amount or higher?

Screams of an Arsenal signing.

I'm not sure anyone will buy Brooks. It would take a decent fee & he hasn't proven that he can stay fit for any significant period of time yet. Plus, everyone's budgets are reduced. Too big of a gamble.

I’d put good money on him playing in the Premier League next year. He had been one of the signings of the season and has come back from the recent injury fairly well. £20-25 million to someone like Spurs.

I'm not sure anyone will buy Brooks. It would take a decent fee & he hasn't proven that he can stay fit for any significant period of time yet. Plus, everyone's budgets are reduced. Too big of a gamble.

He might not cost as much as you think (in terms of transfer fee). He's on a very decent wage at Bournemouth and they'll really feel the pinch next season if they go down and I suspect a fair number of their better (& better paid) players will be sold. Some of course will also agitate for moves to Prem clubs.
The Russian benefactor may support them of course but with their small stadium and revenue they'll need to be mindful of FFP.

I would take him back to us on a loan with a permanent option if he stays fit.

That would be the sensible option from our side anyway. Would they agree? Doubtful unless it was a non negotiable fixed fee if he played X amount of games.

This Covid has come at a bad time for us or I do feel we would have gone in for him.

If he is available, it’ll be around £20m, possibly less than that upfront.

Ake is currently being touted about at £35m, down from a valuation of £45m to £50m, due to the current financial climate.

Ake is currently being touted about at £35m, down from a valuation of £45m to £50m, due to the current financial climate.
Dont forget we have a sell on clause so he would be 10%-20% cheaper for us.
Ramsdale similar.

Incredible technically. He was brilliant for Bournemouth playing all over the midfield last season. A quick look on messageboard underlines this: Bournemouth fans regard Brooks and Ake as their best assets. A number of them regard him as the most talented player to ever play for the club. I'm not sure where this reputation of Brooks as injury prone has come from? He's had one minor ankle injury in his career. The surgeon made a mess of what should've been a relatively minor op, resulting in a long spell out. Someone's going to get a bargain.

Interesting if true.

They wanted £80 million last summer.

Wonder if Pep or Rodgers will go back in for him.

Back
Top Bottom