Incoming? Darragh Lenihan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I personally believed out first few signings are cheap not because we have no money but there easier to get over the line. I had hoped our more pricey players would come later and fully expect them to. Stearman being the first. A couple of of 1-2 million pound players isn't a fortune nowadays and could easily be classed as "doing it on the cheap" or wilders "doing it the right way". we spent good money in league one and I find it hard to believe we have less now.

What I don't understand about this transfer is the 'alleged' bids we've made, both for Lenihan and Leonard. Apparently we have offered roughly the same for both £500k ish. But, Lenihan is 2 years younger, has championship experience and can play centre back as well as midfield. Not to mention he's got 2 years on his contract, Leonard we all know has 1. If CW values Leonard around the £500k mark, surely Lenihan has to be around £1m mark, realistically anyway not the £5m they apparently are after.

What I don't understand about this transfer is the 'alleged' bids we've made, both for Lenihan and Leonard. Apparently we have offered roughly the same for both £500k ish. But, Lenihan is 2 years younger, has championship experience and can play centre back as well as midfield. Not to mention he's got 2 years on his contract, Leonard we all know has 1. If CW values Leonard around the £500k mark, surely Lenihan has to be around £1m mark, realistically anyway not the £5m they apparently are after.
Latest Lenihan bid was 1.5

Reactions: Dkc
Unless CW rates 1 more than the other ?
The (old) value for £ / valuation (& no more) mantra

Alan Nixon says we are back in for him but we are still miles away from Blackburn's valuation of the player.

We have Bashy, Wrighty, O'Connelly and Stearmany in the back 4, if we're going to continue with the back three then we most certainly need another.

1.5+ on LeniHenry seems a bit much. Even if he is black, I'm not quite sure on the pace side of things.

The figures we don't really know. Our offer may only be £1.5million but have incentives to raise up to £5million.

When people took our players from us the initial fee usually low but can go big depending on success. So we may not be miles away. Otherwise we would have given in.

The figures we don't really know. Our offer may only be £1.5million but have incentives to raise up to £5million.

When people took our players from us the initial fee usually low but can go big depending on success. So we may not be miles away. Otherwise we would have given in.

There is absolutely, categorically no way we will have put a 5m package on the table for a league one centre half.

Him and Leonard, plus a loan striker, and it's been an exceptional transfer window.

Blackburn's reasoning for leaving him out tonight is due to a knock on the knee, so they say...

We need something to happen, just so I don't have to read all these posts, I've got work to do in between u know!!

Rather have a keeper to be fair...

let's be greedy and have them all and a keeper...

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom