Incoming? Darragh Lenihan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Our transfers often come from no where under Wilder so wouldn't surprise me if we were after someone that no one knew was happening. So could be true.

23, played at a few levels for Republic of Ireland, and seems to be reasonably respected by Blackburn, right footed CB who could cover CDM, Transfer Markt says he's worth £425, but other than that I can't find much on him without trawling their forums

Not exactly a solid validation, but where there's smoke, someone's burned the sausages...

Not exactly a solid validation, but where there's smoke, someone's burned the sausages...

If followers gives any kind of credibility to the source, Football League Zone have 13k

Well we are certainly short at centreback.

We are going to have to pay what someone wants to sell at some point or we will be left with what we currently have.

Blackburn seem to be going for it to ensure they only spend 1 season in league 1 - so again it's in their interests to play hard ball or refuse to sell.

If followers gives any kind of credibility to the source, Football League Zone have 13k

That's the only twitter source I pay any attention to since the Jags debacle.... Having kept an eye on these guys since then, a decent proportion of their tweets end up coming to fruition.

Based on what I can see he'd be someone for the RCB position more than anywhere else, being a right footed centre half who can play in midfield.

Basham replacement or Leonard alternative possibly? There's talk about Basham's contract situation and the Leonard thing's taking the piss now.

Blackburn shouldn't be the hardest club to buy from but given his age then I'd imagine they'd want more than 500k if he did well last season.

Nevertheless, it is one from the blue and this is the sort of thing we've pulled off in the past.

Biography
Date of birth
16/03/1994

Height
178 cm

Signed
01/07/2013

Country
RepublicofIreland.jpg
Republic of Ireland

A combative player who can apply himself equally in midfield or defence, Darragh joined Rovers from the famous Belvedere Football Club of Dublin in the summer of 2011.

Unfortunately his first couple of seasons were blighted by a back injury, but a strong second half to the 2013-14 campaign saw him captain the development squad and named amongst the substitutes for a pair of first team matches.

October 2014 saw the Irishman join League Two side Burton Albion on loan initially for a month. But excellent displays for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink's side saw his stay with the Brewers extended until March, playing a huge part in their title-winning campaign.

Recalled by Rovers for the end of season run-in, Lenihan made his debut at Ewood Park as a first half substitute in the win over Millwall in April 2015, with two further starts at the close of the campaign.

However the midfielder was rarely involved at the beginning of the 2015-16 campaign, but a change in manager brought about a change in fortune for the Irishman as he went on to make 27 appearances.

He has since gone onto be one of the mainstays in the Rovers squad. Making 44 appearances during the 2016-17 season.

On the international stage Darragh has honours for the Republic of Ireland, having represented and captained his country up to Under-21 level.

Sounds promising...good age, on the up, Champ experience...

Could be the next JoC so I'm more than happy if this comes off. I trust CW to know enough about the players etc.

Would seem to fit the bill even though I don't really know of him.

Back
Top Bottom