Incoming? Darragh Lenihan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ben Heneghan,we should sign him just to piss on Blackburns bonfire,he might be some use,23,international,started life at Everton.
We should just bid for him to fuck Blackburn off. £5m for Lenihan when Harlee Davison Dean went to Brum for less. Bid £500k. If Blackburn match it, leave them to it. If they don't, decide whether we want him and if we don't, just offer him less than what he's on now.

Looking at him again. Irish international so will know Enda and Big John. Only 25 years so a bit of upside as well. Apparently he’s emerged as captain material this season so fits Wilders requirement in terms of personality fit.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....-lenihan-rovers-long-term-captain-in-waiting/

Always looked solid whenever I've seen him play. My only reservation, and it's more to do with the overall defence rather than Lenihan individually, but he isn't the quickest and the overall lack of pace at the back may be exploited next year. I wouldn't be opposed to him joining but would prefer a quicker, more mobile player to come in as RCB.

Looking at him again. Irish international so will know Enda and Big John. Only 25 years so a bit of upside as well. Apparently he’s emerged as captain material this season so fits Wilders requirement in terms of personality fit.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co....-lenihan-rovers-long-term-captain-in-waiting/

Couldn’t see him breaking into our side to be fair, but if the price was right he’s possibly not a bad upgrade for a few of our squad defenders who might move on.

Friendly Rover here -

Definitely not PL material.

Look elsewhere. Thanks!

We came over to Blackburn for the game last season and he seemed an ok type of player.
To be honest he's the sort of player at 25 we would be interested in but haven't Blackburn put £18m on his head.
That would rule him out for us.
Watched him quite close in both games and he finds space quite easily - sign of a good player - think you're kidding about "Definitely not PL material" ;)

As for your team - was impressed both times last season - your manager wants to play the game the right way. As for the sending off of your player at Bramall Lane last season - silly boy - you had that game won until that point. Bring in 2,3 4 players if you can afford them and you might push for a PO spot.

All the best.

UTB

Seen Lenihan a few times he is no where near Basham. Wouldn’t even be a good under study.

We came over to Blackburn for the game last season and he seemed an ok type of player.
To be honest he's the sort of player at 25 we would be interested in but haven't Blackburn put £18m on his head.
That would rule him out for us.
Watched him quite close in both games and he finds space quite easily - sign of a good player - think you're kidding about "Definitely not PL material" ;)

As for your team - was impressed both times last season - your manager wants to play the game the right way. As for the sending off of your player at Bramall Lane last season - silly boy - you had that game won until that point. Bring in 2,3 4 players if you can afford them and you might push for a PO spot.

All the best.

UTB

Think you must be getting Lenihan and Dack mixed up?

Lenny is a backs to the wall body on the line rock of a defender. Would head a bus, but is decent on the ball. Probably go for 7-10mill.

Agree on the second bit - we should be everyone's dark horses. Good going forward, young squad - sign a defender or two (and don't sell any!) and I think we'll be there or thereabouts. Makes me cringe some of the easy points we threw away this year!

So perhaps I'll get my game at the Lane again in 20/21

As long as you don't sign Darragh.

Think you must be getting Lenihan and Dack mixed up?

Lenny is a backs to the wall body on the line rock of a defender. Would head a bus, but is decent on the ball. Probably go for 7-10mill.

Agree on the second bit - we should be everyone's dark horses. Good going forward, young squad - sign a defender or two (and don't sell any!) and I think we'll be there or thereabouts. Makes me cringe some of the easy points we threw away this year!

So perhaps I'll get my game at the Lane again in 20/21

As long as you don't sign Darragh.

Joe Rothwell looks a good prospect to me as well.

Joe Rothwell looks a good prospect to me as well.

SHHHH Rothwell is top secret!

Easily got the ability to be a Dack-level game changer at least, a few fans say he's already our best player.

Exciting season for us (Chapman, Travis and Armstrong coming of age too) AS LONG AS NO ONE BUYS OUR PLAYERS.

Back off - you can do better and should be playing with the big bucks and signing proven PL quality.

SHHHH Rothwell is top secret!

Easily got the ability to be a Dack-level game changer at least, a few fans say he's already our best player.

Wondered why he wasn't in the team more after he looked quality at Bramall Lane. Close control and a burst of pace.

Seems to have played more recently though and is obviously there to stay.

Don't be shocked if we are interested though. Our management spotted Lenihan fairly early as well.

Wondered why he wasn't in the team more after he looked quality at Bramall Lane. Close control and a burst of pace.

Seems to have played more recently though and is obviously there to stay.

Don't be shocked if we are interested though. Our management spotted Lenihan fairly early as well.

Positionally he was all over the place when we didn't have the ball. Seems to have it ironed out and kept that explosive driving threat.

Yeah you bid for Lenihan last year apparently - luckily he picked up a bad injury first day of the season before it got silly.

He grew up a midfielder so could probably play in your system - however if he's the type of player you're looking for it speaks to me that Wilder is very aware that you are going to have less of the ball next season, and are going to need some blood and thunder bodies on the line at some point.

Hanley may be moving from Norwich to Blackburn, which may reignite our interest in 'long term target' Lenihan.

According to 'bit in paper'

Forum favourite Alan Nixon reporting that Blackburn are interested in Grant Hanley, which could open the door for us to be back in on Lenihan.

Blackburn's a good place to shop. If we've been watching them, then hopefully we like Rothwell too because he could be a top signing.

What Nixon says there definitely seems to add up. Hanley would appear to be a direct Lenihan replacement. If there's a chance to get him for around £5m then I think Wilder will take it. He'll see him as another low risk Egan type of buy, to cover CB, RCB and possibly midfield.

Would make sense as a sensible versatile option and could see it happening - especially for cover in a number of positions

That said if we were interested on entering the championship I’d hope we be after better targets now in the PL. I Could be wrong, but This would strike me as a Leonard / Holmes type deal.... where the club has moved past the player despite being interested in the past. Not sure there’s a whole lot of upside there.

That said by all Accounts he’s been decent for Blackburn with the right partner and has now shown he can play at this level.

Mowbray was noted as saying recently that the owners can't keep bank rolling the club season after season

Now we also here Bradley Dack might be on his way

A hint perhaps that players will be leaving to fund their transfer kitty as the owners no longer will

Back
Top Bottom