Incoming? Darragh Lenihan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I don't know it's that surprising if I'm honest.

None of our defenders are properly quick and we are playing against the pace of the likes of assamgobalomba, hoillet, zahore, jota etc. These players are a massive step up than some of the players we faced last year.

Think it's not a lack or organisation I think we are just facing players who are quicker physically and mentally and better in everything they do - we're far from the best defence in the league.

We weren't anywhere near the best defence in the league last year

And short ball over the top, cant handle it
Boro we looked shaky in the first half, but rather solid in the second (albeit they never attacked).

What has surprised me (and I didn't think we'd be susceptible to it with our style of play in this division) is how we're beaten by the long ball over the top all too often.

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm pleased this deal looks less likely.

I didn't like the idea of paying 2m+ for a defender from the budget.

I'm not sure that so much money invested in that area of the pitch would make as much impact as that much being invested elsewhere.

In CCV, it seems we have gained some good pace and genuine strength and athleticism. I don't believe Lenihan would have ticked as many boxes.

Defensively we are now fine. Proper competition for Basham now. Jake Wright can cover the other spots while Stearman comes back. Out wide we have some depth.

Time to move on to other areas of the team.

according to transfer centre, He is now expected to leave before transfer window ends. Doesn't say to who though

Maybe I'm in the minority but I'm pleased this deal looks less likely.

I didn't like the idea of paying 2m+ for a defender from the budget.

I'm not sure that so much money invested in that area of the pitch would make as much impact as that much being invested elsewhere.

In CCV, it seems we have gained some good pace and genuine strength and athleticism. I don't believe Lenihan would have ticked as many boxes.

Defensively we are now fine. Proper competition for Basham now. Jake Wright can cover the other spots while Stearman comes back. Out wide we have some depth.

Time to move on to other areas of the team.

That's a sensible view. It might just be, though, that we have a bit more dosh to spend than we are letting on. Tufty might be able to strengthen all areas. We may find out fairly soon if things fall into place, which is never guaranteed as we know.

He clearly rates the Two Lennies highly. Bids are still in for both.

according to transfer centre, He is now expected to leave before transfer window ends. Doesn't say to who though

Is that the site with a following of 136 that has just woken up for the first time since 30 June?...

Perhaps they'll tell us in October.

He won't be going anywhere now IMO.

Is that the site with a following of 136 that has just woken up for the first time since 30 June?...

Perhaps they'll tell us in October.
Don't care what it is, or if it's true , just posting what it says. Who knows, we will know soon.

Blackburn just had a 250k bid turned down from Motherwell for one of their Centre Backs (Source: SkySports) - Maybe Lenihan on his way out?

Blackburn have had a bid of £250k turned down for Motherwell defender Ben Heneghan. Could be interesting?

Blackburn just had a 250k bid turned down from Motherwell for one of their Centre Backs (Source: SkySports) - Maybe Lenihan on his way out?

Wouldn't be massively convinced by this one

To be honest I'd prefer to give CCV a chance in defence - Think he's got a big future in the game. Unless we are after this fella to play as a box to box midfielder and cover.

But If that's case and for that money just pay the price for Leonard (who seems more quick and athletic) and spend the rest of it on the attack imo

Ben Heneghan,we should sign him just to piss on Blackburns bonfire,he might be some use,23,international,started life at Everton.

Back
Top Bottom