Dare to dream...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I swear we will be seeing these threads next season in the Champ n all. "I know we are shaping up for a promotion but I think we can still avoid premier league relegation."

So you would be quite happy for us to be a championship club and gradually go into
obscurity cus that's what you are saying.
If we want to be at the top table and I agree we need to add a lot more nous to our football we have to take all the things we dont like on board.
Easier to change things when part of it than look in from the outside with a bit of envy.
It will be great kicking off at 3-00 again and hopefully getting back to winning more matches ,the downside as I say is obscurity and fighting to stay afloat with money at a premium.
I gave up on this season months ago ! everytime we win one I start dreaming of the great escape (Bassett style) crazy in it but that's life of a blade.
Season not over yet and we still have a big cuptie to come.
The only people that think Championship clubs are obscure are big 6 armchair fans. Who cares what they think?

I swear we will be seeing these threads next season in the Champ n all. "I know we are shaping up for a promotion but I think we can still avoid premier league relegation."
If we can just beat Millwall and get a point against either Preston or Barnsley then they might just let us back in to the big league! 😅

Give it up, what is the point of this?

We've been relegated since before Christmas and anyone with any sense knew that.

I'm delighted that we've managed to win a few, especially last night when VAR was determined to keep up its record against us, but the best I've expected is that we wouldn't finish bottom.

We need at least two points a game to stay up, which only one team in the entire League has managed to date. And it's hard to win too many matches when you can't even average one goal per game.

Deludamol supplies in the city seem to have shifted south.

We've been relegated since before Christmas and anyone with any sense knew that.

I'm delighted that we've managed to win a few, especially last night when VAR was determined to keep up its record against us, but the best I've expected is that we wouldn't finish bottom.

We need at least two points a game to stay up, which only one team in the entire League has managed to date. And it's hard to win too many matches when you can't even average one goal per game.

And I genuinely hope you enjoy being miserable bud, some of us choose to believe in the things we love 🤷‍♂️

Not deluded. Just trying to enjoy the ride.

Can't dare to dream about anything with 4 CB's out.
Its gone from...

"We'll never win a game this season without JoC"

To...

"We'll never win another game now we've lost Egan"

To...

"We'll never win a game without Basham"

To...

"Jags is too shit for us to win a game"

and now it seems like its...

"We'll never win a game with 4 injuries".

A bit of belief might not change anything but it sure as buggery might make a few of you feel better than you currently seem to 🤣

Everton would be very serious top 4 contenders if they hadn't lost to Newcastle and Fulham in what I think was 2 consecutive home matches.

We can go there and get 3 points.

If you reckon we can beat Chelsea, City, Leicester and/or Man U...

...but not Newcastle, Brighton and Palace...

...surely it's not me who's being the optimistic one? 😅

I just think that cup matches are more likely to throw up surprises, and assuming we can get past Chelsea, that is probably the only thing we will have to play for.

3 wins in 27

And you think we'll get 7 from 11?

We are down.

Just making the final few games more enjoyable and not just turning up to lose by the odd goal would be enough for me. I didn't celebrate our goal last night because I expected us to let them go down the other end and Enda trip over his laces or Jags just pass the ball to Watkins 3 yards out or something. If we play like we did it's not sparkling but it at least makes me believe the players haven't given up. That's a start for me.

Feel free to absolutely slate me for this comment, but I’ll be borderline annoyed if we stay up now. For a start we haven’t been anywhere near good enough, but more importantly, I’m excited for proper football. 3pm Saturday kick offs without VAR. No ridiculous top 4 coverage. Two football teams playing against each other, rather than two brands facing off. I feel like I’m watching Coca Cola vs Starbucks coffee at times in this league. No more weird Ghanaians commenting on our Facebook page. I can’t really believe I’m saying that, because we need to strive to be as successful as possible, but this isn’t football we’re watching here.

I really can’t understand this mentality. If it’s “proper football” you want then why not go and watch non league football? Go and watch Sheffield FC?

finishing above west brom is our realistic target for this season

As poor as we have been all season, if we'd just managed to beat West Brom when we murdered them and had beaten Fulham, when we really didn't deserve to, the bottom 3 would all be on 20 points with a gap of just 6. We would still be in the fight..
Sadly we didn't.

Edit Oops, actually WB would only be on 17 and we wouldnt be bottom...

West Brom, Brighton and Newcastle for the drop imo

Back
Top Bottom