Player Suggestion daniel johnson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He certainly looks older than 25

220px-Clive_Dunn-1973.png

I'd love Johnson and Nelson Olivera at Norwich. Both for differing reasons seem out of the picture. I hadn't realised with Johnson but Olivera isn't fancied by Farke. I can see why and probably isn't a Wilder player but we need some genuine quality and Olivera would provide that spark.

Problem is Oliveira is a right mardy fucker so I can't see him passing the CW personality test. Quality striker though and unlikely to be getting much of a look in at Norwich.

Simply the immediate reaction of some Preston fans on hearing he wants enhanced terms. That’s by no means conclusive, of course. Is he really 25? He seems to have been around for years.

What do Preston fans know, eh Pinchy?

I checked on Preston's forum(i feel you get a more accurate assessment of him than by our fans who have probably only seen him play once or twice) when he was first mentioned last week.
I was alarmed to find him not mentioned at all in threads about how their squad for the current season was shaping up.
There was various lists of Defence, Midfield, forwards etc and he was never mentioned.

But if some of our fans think he would be a reyt signing who am i to argue, i mean the Preston fans probably don't know much about football anyway.

Problem is Oliveira is a right mardy fucker so I can't see him passing the CW personality test. Quality striker though and unlikely to be getting much of a look in at Norwich.

Aye that why I don't believe Wilder would go for him but sometimes the players who can improve you who we can afford are affordable for a reason! i.e they've come back from injury or are known as being temperamental etc. However, Olivera would improve us and might be affordable.

I checked on Preston's forum(i feel you get a more accurate assessment of him than by our fans who have probably only seen him play once or twice) when he was first mentioned last week.
I was alarmed to find him not mentioned at all in threads about how their squad for the current season was shaping up.
There was various lists of Defence, Midfield, forwards etc and he was never mentioned.

But if some of our fans think he would be a reyt signing who am i to argue, i mean the Preston fans probably don't know much about football anyway.
Like the Coventry fans with Fleck then?

He's just a black Stephen Quinn.
We've enough hot potato midfielders in our team right now.

And we thought midfield was the one area that didn't need strengthening. Keep signing division one players and that's where you end up Evans, Lundstram, Leonard all lower league players.

And we thought midfield was the one area that didn't need strengthening. Keep signing division one players and that's where you end up Evans, Lundstram, Leonard all lower league players.

Evans and Lunny are just average squad players at the moment. Thought Leonard looked good tonight though. Put himself about and gave some energy in there.

Like the Coventry fans with Fleck then?

If i remember rightly not all Coventry fans slagged Fleck off, and also that was after we had signed him.
Also i find you tend to get a more balanced opinion if you check before a player has signed.
While Johnson just seemed to have disappeared from the Preston fans thoughts on their forum altogether for the coming season.

If he's not wanted there and we could get him for about £1m then we should do. One year left on his contract so he shouldn't be expensive.

He'd give us something we've not got and cover two positions.

I also think he'd do well for us. With a fresh start at a new club I think he'll show his best form again.

Johnson would be an excellent signing and I was disappointed when we didn't go for him a few years ago. He is comfortable on the ball and mobile. He can carry it, go past players and create opportunities for strikers. He would be a huge improvement on Evans and Lundstram who seem to lumber about the pitch and offer little going forward. They both make mistakes and frequently give the ball away. I'd say Evans is the better footballer whilst Lundstam is better at playing the Paul Rodgers role of now and again getting in the way of the opposition. Rodgers was however much better as he was more mobile. Surely Leonard can't be worse? Coutts can't recover quick enough for me!

Balls to Johnson now the other fellas name is far more exotic

If we want to improve we should be looking at better than him. Runs about a lot but doesn’t really do much. He was terrible at the Lane last season.

Johnson is no world beater but he's a lot better than what we have at the moment and so would be an improvement. We could probably afford him too. Unfortunately we cant seem to afford anyone better!

Johnson is no world beater but he's a lot better than what we have at the moment and so would be an improvement. We could probably afford him too. Unfortunately we cant seem to afford anyone better![/QUOTE

Can we afford 1p?

He’s about the same level as Evans and Lundstrum.

We are screwed if this the sort of signings we are talking about,

Anyway irrelevant, we aren’t signing anyone.

PNE fan here with a view on Daniel Johnson.

Dj was immense for us in league one, absolutely ran the show in most games he played. Villa fans were beside themselves that they let him go.

However, toward the end of a couple of seasons ago and especially last season he never really seemed interested and couldn’t really break into the team. Even at his best- he struggles to get in ahead of Pearson, Browne, Gallagher, Harrop and now probably Ledson. In all honesty, I doubt he’d even be making the bench this year now. That being said, midfield is one of our strongest positions.

Would he get into your side? I’m not sure- he’s not the level of Fleck but definitely an upgrade on Evans and Lundstram. There is a player in there but his work rate is atrocious and he gets pushed off the ball quite a bit. However, I, and many other fans didn’t rate Leon Clarke but last season Wilder played a blinder into turning him into a 15+ championship goal scorer.

Alex Neil doesn’t rate him at all but that can change manager on manager. And if he were to leave it certainly wouldn’t surprise me if he were to prove himself a more than useful player for Sheffield United.

PNE fan here with a view on Daniel Johnson.

Dj was immense for us in league one, absolutely ran the show in most games he played. Villa fans were beside themselves that they let him go.

However, toward the end of a couple of seasons ago and especially last season he never really seemed interested and couldn’t really break into the team. Even at his best- he struggles to get in ahead of Pearson, Browne, Gallagher, Harrop and now probably Ledson. In all honesty, I doubt he’d even be making the bench this year now. That being said, midfield is one of our strongest positions.

Would he get into your side? I’m not sure- he’s not the level of Fleck but definitely an upgrade on Evans and Lundstram. There is a player in there but his work rate is atrocious and he gets pushed off the ball quite a bit. However, I, and many other fans didn’t rate Leon Clarke but last season Wilder played a blinder into turning him into a 15+ championship goal scorer.

Alex Neil doesn’t rate him at all but that can change manager on manager. And if he were to leave it certainly wouldn’t surprise me if he were to prove himself a more than useful player for Sheffield United.

Hello mate. To be honest I really don't think he will come here. I reckon the rumour came about due to a lad posting on twitter that there was an imminent signing of a mixed race guy with dreadlocks, and everyone put 2+2 together and got Johnson. He turned out to be Kean Bryan!

Back
Top Bottom