Player Suggestion daniel johnson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wanted him a while ago. Always thought he was more of a centre mid than an attacking one as in more like Coutts than Duffy. Would be a definite upgrade on Evans/Lunny though.

Good player. Should've signed him for 50k in January 2015 but we were pre occupied with Brayford.

He's left footed, more of an attacking midfielder but can also play deeper, which would make him an astute signing as he could cover Fleck - which nobody else in the squad can do.

I think this link comes from the "dreadlock guy signing today" stuff that was going around before Bryan signed unfortunately. Some people suggested it may be him and a few Preston fans then started tweeting it based on what our fans were saying.

Wanted him a while ago. Always thought he was more of a centre mid than an attacking one as in more like Coutts than Duffy. Would be a definite upgrade on Evans/Lunny though.

Good player. Should've signed him for 50k in January 2015 but we were pre occupied with Brayford.

He's left footed, more of an attacking midfielder but can also play deeper, which would make him an astute signing as he could cover Fleck - which nobody else in the squad can do.

What type of midfielder is he lads?

Not a chance. Reyt player.

People say things like this with such certainty..... we had the same with Woodburn.

In reality he's not been an automatic pick in Preston's team for quite a while. And we have money to spend.

If we want him, we can get him.

What type of midfielder is he lads?

Energetic, quick. Forward thinking. Quite skillful, can run with the ball. Powerful shot.

Always seems to play well whenever I've seen him.

Good player and always caught the eye whenever I've seen him play (although that may be something to do with his hair!). His performance against us for Oldham (I think) a few years ago at BDTBL and just before he signed for Preston was one of the best I've seen in recent years (up there with when Ryan Woods played right back for Shrews) - he ran rings our midfield.

Apparently he wasn't as effective last season so perhaps would benefit from a change of clubs and a new challenge.

That all said, I'd much rather efforts be concentrated on getting a striker in.

gallery_uktv-paterson-joseph-johnson-peep-show.jpg

Slightly different styles of play but either Johnson or Freeman would make for a superb signing.

Both creative, good ball carriers and both are capable of chipping in with a few goals.

“PNE fail to agree terms...”

Sorry I gave up reading at that point.

Next.

The rumours about our interest in Freeman and Johnson are a clear sign that Wilder knows that our current midfield is simply not up to the job.He said that we now need to be upgrading the quality of our new recruits and it is plain to see the limitations of Lundstram and Evans and the fact that the ageing Duffy will only be used sparingly,strengthening our midfield is now the absolute priority.Hopefully,Coutts will be back to his best in the new year,but if we stutter on until then with what we currently have then we will be well adrift of the top six and another wasted season.

The rumours about our interest in Freeman and Johnson are a clear sign that Wilder knows that our current midfield is simply not up to the job.He said that we now need to be upgrading the quality of our new recruits and it is plain to see the limitations of Lundstram and Evans and the fact that the ageing Duffy will only be used sparingly,strengthening our midfield is now the absolute priority.Hopefully,Coutts will be back to his best in the new year,but if we stutter on until then with what we currently have then we will be well adrift of the top six and another wasted season.

Not really - he’s never mentioned midfield has he?

It wouldn’t surprise me if we signed an AM - and I do genuinely think we need one. But that said the rumours are probable more fan driven than anything else

He is trying to replace Brooks, not necessarily any of the other midfielders, although this could happen in time.

I think this link comes from the "dreadlock guy signing today" stuff that was going around before Bryan signed unfortunately. Some people suggested it may be him and a few Preston fans then started tweeting it based on what our fans were saying.

I think it was my suggestion on that thread... does it mean I started a fake rumour? What have I become?!

I'd love Johnson and Nelson Olivera at Norwich. Both for differing reasons seem out of the picture. I hadn't realised with Johnson but Olivera isn't fancied by Farke. I can see why and probably isn't a Wilder player but we need some genuine quality and Olivera would provide that spark.

I have also always liked Johnson since I saw him run the show at BL a few years back. I think he is currently better than Lundstrum and Evans and would be pleased if he signed with us.

He might want paying some wages though.

I fear you’re wanting the player he used to be, rather like those currently batting for our past-it Bladey captain.

I fear you’re wanting the player he used to be, rather like those currently batting for our past-it Bladey captain.

What happened to him that changed him from the 'player he used to be' to how he is now? Just looked and he's only 25.

Genuine question, I've no idea about him as a player.

What happened to him that changed him from the 'player he used to be' to how he is now? Just looked and he's only 25.

Genuine question, I've no idea about him as a player.

Simply the immediate reaction of some Preston fans on hearing he wants enhanced terms. That’s by no means conclusive, of course. Is he really 25? He seems to have been around for years.

Maybe he’s pissed off at not getting paid what he thinks he’s worth. Not necessarily a Billy big bollox but maybe tha manager just doesn’t like/rate him.
Wilder seems able to get the best from players ie Bash, Leon, Coutts, Freeman, JOC, Fleck, Freeman et al

Back
Top Bottom