CW to West Brom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I can't imagine Wilder there as others have said, but if he does go then surely it would only be with the proviso that Wilder has control of transfers, something not achieved previously by former managers, including Jokanovic. Will be interesting if it happens, would imagine he may well try and sign one or two of our current players also.
I have a feeling, a few things might change CW's mind re a DoF, a Big pay packet, Fulham, back in the media spotlight, and finally its the biggest job he will/could get.

I don't think it's hypocrisy if Wilder goes to work under a DOF and transfer team at another club. He didn't want those things at Sheffield United. His attitude to running this club was unique ( and maybe almost damaging over the long term). If he signed a contract with assurances that wouldn't happen here, fair enough, but Fulham will put it in black and white what his remit is, and if he's happy to he bound by those terms, so be it.

I don't think it's hypocrisy if Wilder goes to work under a DOF and transfer team at another club. He didn't want those things at Sheffield United. His attitude to running this club was unique ( and maybe almost damaging over the long term). If he signed a contract with assurances that wouldn't happen here, fair enough, but Fulham will put it in black and white what his remit is, and if he's happy to he bound by those terms, so be it.
He was told categorically it wasn’t being done here, but he still kept putting out unhappy stories to the press.
If he goes to a club with a DoF, in the same league as us, then his reasoning for leaving and all the unrest it caused will seem to be hugely avoidable by him.
He may have simply wanted out, which is disappointing but what it may be, but he shouldn’t have caused all the unrest and thrown mud at the board if thats the case. He could have just walked.
Given last summer, if the board had concerns over his transfer policy I think by January it was fair comment and entirely reasonable to start to ask for him to widen his horizons and look to his shortcomings in that area. That’s seems to have been an act of heresy in his eyes which is something I personally think he should have gotten over if his ego had allowed it and we as a club are probably now weaker for it. It’s a shame but he’s certainly tarnished his reputation with us for me. It doesn’t make me think he’s a poor coach or that he’s a villain but he’s not what he could, and should have been to this club. Deserving of all the accolades, statues and stands named in his honour. He’s just an ex-manager now who gave us 4 great seasons but failed and then walked when we needed him to dig in.

Last edited:
Khan is obviously a basketcase but doesn have plenty of $$$ - perhaps being able to spend a proportion of that would appeal to CW - I can imagine a lively conversation when Khan Jr tries to broker a few deals! Hahaha

Tbh - even being biased having being born and lived in Sheff for >25 years, it doesn't really compare to Fulham & Chelsea. That said, CW will need to be on a decent salary to afford a decent place down there! :)
I dare say his pay off from Utd will more than cover that😊

I have a feeling, a few things might change CW's mind re a DoF, a Big pay packet, Fulham, back in the media spotlight, and finally its the biggest job he will/could get.
I think Wilder will willingly wait for the right club to come in; one that allows him to manager every key decision as he wants too. Possibly a big team in League One like Portsmouth or Sunderland etc if they look for a new manager next season, or one of the Championship clubs like Stoke, Derby etc a more traditional football club most likely. That would be my guess Hagan. As long as it's not a rival for promotion good luck to him. If I was Wilder I'd be tempted to wait for Johnson to be sacked from Sunderland! If I was their chairman I'd have sounded out Wilder for that job as soon as the season was over for them!

I think Wilder will willingly wait for the right club to come in; one that allows him to manager every key decision as he wants too. Possibly a big team in League One like Portsmouth or Sunderland etc if they look for a new manager next season, or one of the Championship clubs like Stoke, Derby etc a more traditional football club most likely. That would be my guess Hagan. As long as it's not a rival for promotion good luck to him. If I was Wilder I'd be tempted to wait for Johnson to be sacked from Sunderland! If I was their chairman I'd have sounded out Wilder for that job as soon as the season was over for them!
CW has achieved so much, especially in the lower leagues with not much money etc its all on record, as is, his first season in the PL, but because of how he left, there will always be question marks, re if he can leave the club he loves, he could leave us, did he walk before he was pushed, did he get VFM on his transfer dealings, if he walked from United over a DoF, then why is he willing to work here with our DoF system

Wonder if he will bin off Robinson again when/he goes to West brom.

How the fuck does that guy still get offered jobs?
Seems odd at the moment, we are all used to the usual suspects being linked with every vacancy, Palace reportedly interested in Viera, WBA signing Ishmael, Spurs supposedly going for Nuno after 6/7 previous choices, Everton appointing Benitez and Parker going to Bournemouth, and now Silva to Fulham, I wonder how many of them, if any will still be employed in 6 months?

Seems odd at the moment, we are all used to the usual suspects being linked with every vacancy, Palace reportedly interested in Viera, WBA signing Ishmael, Spurs supposedly going for Nuno after 6/7 previous choices, Everton appointing Benitez and Parker going to Bournemouth, and now Silva to Fulham, I wonder how many of them, if any will still be employed in 6 months?

Fulham have apparently agreed a deal to appoint Marco Silva, so looks like Wilder will have to look elsewhere.
He's such an overrated dud, Silva. Delighted if they go with him over Wilder.

He's managed to turn being shit and coming out smelling of roses into an art form.

Another guy who seems to get bonus points because he's a foreign name rather than because he's any good.

Another with an overinflated win percentage because he's managed big teams in rubbish leagues.

Good.

I’ll say it again, for the 50th time: Derby’s chairman is not the hands-off type who’d let Wilder run everything himself.

Just my opinion, but Wilder would be better off sitting out his “compo payback period”, banking the cash, recharging and wait for the best job that fits, maybe from October onwards when the heads start rolling. He can keep his hand in doing media work in the meantime; he’s worked with Sky before, Im sure he’d be a much better bet than the dullards they filled Soccer Saturday up with last year.

Then again, maybe he feels refreshed and already chomping at the bit to get back into it.

I just hope wherever he lands its not in the same division as us- I’d hate to want to see him fail.

He was told categorically it wasn’t being done here, but he still kept putting out unhappy stories to the press.
If he goes to a club with a DoF, in the same league as us, then his reasoning for leaving and all the unrest it caused will seem to be hugely avoidable by him.
He may have simply wanted out, which is disappointing but what it may be, but he shouldn’t have caused all the unrest and thrown mud at the board if thats the case. He could have just walked.
Given last summer, if the board had concerns over his transfer policy I think by January it was fair comment and entirely reasonable to start to ask for him to widen his horizons and look to his shortcomings in that area. That’s seems to have been an act of heresy in his eyes which is something I personally think he should have gotten over if his ego had allowed it and we as a club are probably now weaker for it. It’s a shame but he’s certainly tarnished his reputation with us for me. It doesn’t make me think he’s a poor coach or that he’s a villain but he’s not what he could, and should have been to this club. Deserving of all the accolades, statues and stands named in his honour. He’s just an ex-manager now who gave us 4 great seasons but failed and then walked when we needed him to dig in.

Exactly
At the point of his departure Wilder hadn't signed one single player since we got to the Premier League that could be considered a success. A couple of players have had a short purple patch, like Mousset and McBurnie, but there have been no out and out good successful Premier League players.
It was functional, mechanical and methodical rather than stylish and creative, even in the first season.

Last seasons disaster I don't think would have been any worse with Leon Clarke, Scott Hogan and Gary Madine up front for us.........actually it might have been a bit better.

My Grandad in the 1960's and 70's worked in one of the steelworks, he was earning (I don't know, say £30 a week ) but he was fiddling £100 a week.
The foreman pulled him and said "Cut down on your fiddling, I think £50 is enough"

He didn't tell my Grandad to stop fiddling, he merely told him to watch what he's doing and stop taking the piss, before they all got caught.
My Grandad had an absolute meltdown and shot his gob off so much that he lost his job.
He could have lost more if it had been reported to the police.

Although not exactly the same, Wilder's behaviour over the last few months of his tenure just reminded me of my Grandad, he got told to be more flexible in the way he was working because what he was doing wasn't working and he shot his gob off and chucked the toys out of the pram.
All he had to say was "Yes Boss I'll give it a go". You never know, he might have enjoyed the new plans if he'd been flexible enough to accept them.

I think wilder may end up like alan curbishley once you shaft a club for u paid wages it soon gets round to other chairmen.

I’m not sure that he’ll start off the season with a job but come Christmas time when it’s sacking season he’ll get his chance because nobody will have to pay compensation and he will be there to rescue an ailing club as he always has done.
I don't give a fuck were he goes, he's gone and can't understand why people are so obsessed with were he will end up 👍 fuck him he crept out and I thank him for the good years, last season he was lucky to keep his job because I would have fucked him off earlier, it's a results based industry and he made a bolloxs of it.

I’ll say it again, for the 50th time: Derby’s chairman is not the hands-off type who’d let Wilder run everything himself.
Ok, ok, just a thought that was all! Derby may well be under new ownership anyway as it seems that Morris is keen to sell.
CW has achieved so much, especially in the lower leagues with not much money etc its all on record, as is, his first season in the PL, but because of how he left, there will always be question marks, re if he can leave the club he loves, he could leave us, did he walk before he was pushed, did he get VFM on his transfer dealings, if he walked from United over a DoF, then why is he willing to work here with our DoF system
I'd love to say I know what VFM is but can't figure that out!

We just don't know exactly why Wilder went, I suspect Wilder engineered the end of his tenure by the conversations he was having with the media brought it to a head. "The Plan" one in particular. We don't know for definite that a DoF was to be brought in or whether it was the existing system with Van Winckel that was the problem, I suspect in effect VW is the DoF, the Star have said that also.

Last edited:
Ok, ok, just a thought that was all! Derby may well be under new ownership anyway as it seems that Morris is keen to sell.

Sorry, me being a bit grumpy. It’s just there’s been a lot of lazy conjecture that he’d go to Derby, presumably because of their relative size, and their proximity to Sheffield.

He is trying to sell, but struggling. Their accounts are a bit fucked for one thing, and running a club the size of Derby (or us) isn’t cheap, especially if you’re not getting the success. A lot of clubs will be a difficult sell at the moment, and you have to expect that anyone who does come in will want to have a say in how things are run whether the manager likes that or not.

It may be that Tufty changes his outlook. I suspect he’ll have to if he wants another club of a decent size, at least until he’s priced hat he can be trusted with running everything across the club.

I'd love to say I know what VFM is but can't figure that out!

We just don't know exactly why Wilder went, I suspect Wilder engineered the end of his tenure by the conversations he was having with the media brought it to a head. "The Plan" one in particular. We don't know for definite that a DoF was to be brought in or whether it was the existing system with Van Winckel that was the problem, I suspect in effect VW is the DoF, the Star have said that also.
Dont understand why Wilder was so against Van Winkle very experienced man about the european scene.Bargains are very hard to come by these days !the European market was more likely than paying top dollar for British players.
Too late now its history will be interesting how the Serb works with him,the Prince will have made sure Van Winkles knowledge will not be wasted

Back
Top Bottom