Crowds back from October

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

That should be in time for the Europa League. Even more important that we qualify now!

Where do we sign Bramall Lane up for the pilot scheme?

Devil is in detail. Full or partial etc.

Also as he says second wave depending.

Tallies with all the suggestion that clubs were forecasting and budgeting having a % of fans back into their games next season. Will be interesting to see what is deemed a "safe" number of fans to have in Bramall Lane.

It's like pulling teeth trying to return to normal with this Government.

So if the season starts on Sep 12th, we face yet more fucking behind closed door football.
We should all be returning from day one.

The cunts are really making us suffer, we should have been allowed in at Villa, never mind fucking October.
Twats.

Utterly ridiculous. We should be allowed in now. Infact we shouldn’t have ever been stopped.

Football grounds are outdoor, which reduces the chance of infection to minuscule amounts. You are also side by side and all face the same way, with next to no face to face contact, reducing risk even further.

Maybe the concourse bars should have been shut (perhaps with the exception of the outdoor kop bar), but the actual act of standing and watching a football match is among the safest of things.

Utterly ridiculous. We should be allowed in now. Infact we shouldn’t have ever been stopped.

Football grounds are outdoor, which reduces the chance of infection to minuscule amounts. You are also side by side and all face the same way, with next to no face to face contact, reducing risk even further.

Maybe the concourse bars should have been shut (perhaps with the exception of the outdoor kop bar), but the actual act of standing and watching a football match is among the safest of things.
That's not right. Even though it's 'outside' sat in a stand you are very close to loads of people. Certainly inhale their BO, vape stink etc, so can't believe CV wouldn't be the same.
Queing to get in, crammed 5 millimetres apart going out.
Figures will need to be lower before they open up I'm sure.

That's not right. Even though it's 'outside' sat in a stand you are very close to loads of people. Certainly inhale their BO, vape stink etc, so can't believe CV wouldn't be the same.
Queing to get in, crammed 5 millimetres apart going out.
Figures will need to be lower before they open up I'm sure.
The molecules of CV have a downwards trajectory and fall forwards, to the ground. Vape stream rises and disperses.
The only person that could be at risk is the one directly in front of you, and even then the molecules will be hitting their back and not near the eyes, nose or mouth. Wearing a mask would also go some way to preventing that.

The molecules of CV have a downwards trajectory and fall forwards, to the ground. Vape stream rises and disperses.
The only person that could be at risk is the one directly in front of you, and even then the molecules will be hitting their back and not near the eyes, nose or mouth. Wearing a mask would also go some way to preventing that.
Well the virus is in 'aerosol' form in whatever is coming out of your mouth. It might settle at some point.
But 100% coming off the kop, my face normally is within 1 foot of 100s of people on the way out.

Well the virus is in 'aerosol' form in whatever is coming out of your mouth. It might settle at some point.
But 100% coming off the kop, my face normally is within 1 foot of 100s of people on the way out.
Yeah the exits and concourses are probably much more dangerous than the actual game. But still, masks and temperature checks at the turnstiles and the risk is cut by a further 99% from the low risk it already was

Exactly. Impossible

It isn't the flu - it's a killer virus and many who have survived have had their lives buggered up for years to come
But you can’t just not do things, especially not now when the chances of getting it are absolutely minuscule. As long as you go tonguing whoever’s stood next to you, football matches are as perfectly safe and acceptable as you’re going to get.

But you can’t just not do things, especially not now when the chances of getting it are absolutely minuscule. As long as you go tonguing whoever’s stood next to you, football matches are as perfectly safe and acceptable as you’re going to get.

As safe as not going to a football match?
and not travelling on public transport to get there
and not going into the pub before and after
and not mingling in the crowds before, during and after?

And not travelling on public transport to get there
and not mingling in the crowds before and after?
You can do all of those things while not being an idiot and not put yourself at risk.

and not travelling on public transport to get there
and not mingling in the crowds before, during and after?
You can do all of those things while not being an idiot and not put yourself at risk.

I'm actually also thinking about not putting other people at risk
idiots never go to football matches do they?

You're wrong s4-blade. Droplets can carry for many metres in all directions especially if there are gusts of wind blowing through the stands. On top of that this germ can then remain live for up to 72 hours on the body, clothes, hard surfaces. I don't think I'll be returning anytime soon with or without a mask, sad as that sounds. Here's hoping for a vaccine soon, which will put this debate to bed for good.

It's not impossible to live normally without a cure. New Zealand have been doing it for weeks. October is quite a way away. If we get our numbers down to new Zealand levels by then then I can see it happening. Today's announcement however seems a bit murky to me. No word on numbers allowed in and a return to normal life 'by Christmas' so reading between the lines full capacity closer to that if everything goes well.

People are still dying, and new cases reported everyday...think the government should be very careful in allowing too much to open up
New cases reported as more people are being tested. If people weren't tested there would be no new cases, obviously. Don't believe the figures the government are pushing out. They've admitted today that they're doing it wrong.

It’s start so try and take the positives out of the announcement, we’re still a fair way off a normal match day but a step in the right direction 👍

Back
Top Bottom