Crowds allowed into grounds in October..

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You could, agreed and it would be brilliant, however, fans in pubs before the match and trying to keep them in their bubbles, including queuing up outside, to say nothing of getting there in good time and leaving in an orderly fashion after the match ....

....bit like herding cats really don't you think? ;)

🐱🐈😹😸😺🙀😽😻😾😿

Very good point. Makes it much more difficult having a ground in the city centre.

Very good point. Makes it much more difficult having a ground in the city centre.

Yeah I guess you're right. I never thought of that aspect of where the Lane is situated.

I wouldn't want us to move to Blackburn Meadows or some other such old industrial site even though it would be handy for the train and tram stops at Meadowhall.

I'll wait a while, it will still be there when we're all back. ;)

Spanish second wave (graph from FT):
View attachment 91095

Just shows how figures can be manipulated.

The positive test cases had been increasing (2nd wave) but for the past 4 weeks Spain’s figures have been consistently decreasing.
However yesterday there was a massive bump in cases from 2,400 cases up to a very high 9000 cases...which is close to levels they had back in April.
However the important stat of hospitalisations and deaths still remains low...was 800 a day back in April...currently averaging 80 per day.

Its a slight concern that Spain is showing increases but it’s no where near levels to panic.

Boris is speaking now and just said his government are doing 1.4 million tests per week....most targeted with people showing symptoms.
So the fact that the UK is only finding 1 to 2000 positive cases per day....demonstrates how rare this virus is within the UK or it’s just not that contagious.

He’s also just made it clear that “early data shows that children are NOT spreading the virus in schools”
Im listening to him...he’s not a great orator....stumbling on his words as though he knows that we know he’s telling lies....it’s full of contradictions.
Boris says one thing...then another politician (Patrick) during the meeting says something different.
The reporters ask questions...then he back tracks and says something different....he’s so unconvincing.

It’s almost funny....like a Monty Python sketch.
”Children are totally safe at schools...but they must stay vigilant...otherwise they could end up killing their grandma..and we wouldn’t want that”
They must say ‘face make space“ keeping at least 1.6 or was it 1.8 metres from their pals. Then wash their hands and wear a mask in tight spaces like a corridor. We must all now focus on the rule of six....that means you can only stay in groups of 6....however there are several exceptions and mu colleague will go through the list later but it’s to prevent another lock down because a vaccine is just around the corner and we must stay strong to beat this world terror“
Ohhh and ferlough won’t be extended because people need to return to work but if you feel unsafe then....I can understand why you wouldnt go to work
but if we all stay vigilant you should consider returning then we can beat this terror....stay safe everyone.”

It sounds like they’ll be very few fans at any matches this season due to this “rule of 6”.
I think the bulk of vulnerable people have already died....most were in care homes.
Remember 50% of the deceased were over 80 years old....with 90% over 65 years old....almost all with previous health problems.
It‘s totally illogical and bizarre to make so many suffer for the benefit of the few....
Its weird that we are slowly heading towards living in a police state.....and the public are accepting it.

Last edited:
I think the bulk of vulnerable people have already died.

No 1 - I'm still here ;)

No 2 - there were 2,500,000 letters sent out to vulnerable people with instructions to shield, so the bulk of vulnerable people are, in fact, still alive! :D

Long way to go before the bulk of us have been killed off

Thank heaven for that ;)

You could, agreed and it would be brilliant, however, fans in pubs before the match and trying to keep them in their bubbles, including queuing up outside, to say nothing of getting there in good time and leaving in an orderly fashion after the match ....

....bit like herding cats really don't you think? ;)

🐱🐈😹😸😺🙀😽😻😾😿
Anyone smelling like a brewery won't be let in so that means me and you might as well stay in the pub 😁

A couple of points about COVID that some are missing are that:

Once it starts circulating at a higher rate it takes months to stop. youngsters may be unlikely to die from it, at some stage they'll pass it on to older relatives and it will start causing many more deaths and hospitalisations

We're in summer. Sun kills the virus. These are not the conditions for it to spread. people are outside more. autumn and winter will make the virus more dangerous and easier to spread. The bigger the 'dose' you get, the worse it is. At the moment, smaller doses are being passed around.

Also, there are more and more people getting it but not fully getting ride of it, developing chronic health problems which stop them having a normal life.

So, you might not be worried about catching it or dying from it now, but by spreading it it's building up to a bigger and bigger problem.

Once it starts circulating at a higher rate it takes months to stop. youngsters may be unlikely to die from it, at some stage they'll pass it on to older relatives and it will start causing many more deaths and hospitalisations

We're in summer. Sun kills the virus. These are not the conditions for it to spread. people are outside more. autumn and winter will make the virus more dangerous and easier to spread. The bigger the 'dose' you get, the worse it is. At the moment, smaller doses are being passed around.

Also, there are more and more people getting it but not fully getting ride of it, developing chronic health problems which stop them having a normal life.

So, you might not be worried about catching it or dying from it now, but by spreading it it's building up to a bigger and bigger problem.
Unfortunately your post will be lost in a sea of posts from the ‘tin foil hat brigade’, people who probably complained about the mandatory wearing of seatbelts and the drink drive laws.

Seems like the latest plan is for everyone to be tested to go into a ground with 20 minute tests by Spring.

A huge logistical and practical headache but that's the only hope of getting full grounds anytime before a vaccine or herd immunity.

From things like sporting events being potentially opened up to now us going back to more restrictions slowly being put in there has been a shift this last week.

Whether I/we agree with it...the Govt going to a maximum of 6 people meeting for a period into Autumn means the chances of crowds being let back in of any significant numbers / maybe at all; are pretty slim to nil feel. Boris announcement today on it reviewing it is the pre cursor to ut not happening. Things are not going to improve as we then move into Winter when the Scientists are predicting there will be more cases. Will they cause a significant rise in hoslital admissions/deaths? Who knows. There is a difference between having it and being badly Ill but even those sceptical about it will surely agree the more cases, the more chance of hospital admissions and death rate rising due to how it is passed on?

The notion of all vulnerable /old staying in and every one else gets on with their life does not work. Not sure who said there are no vulnerable left but what I'll informed nonsense. There are so many vulnerable that aren't 85+ of so many different types of conditions etc and still work or have to work or are married/have family members who go to school or work.

My wife is high risk. I teach in a school. I am mixing with 1,000s and do wear a mask but what do I do? I have to work and the Govt is telling me to as Schools are open. I could easily pass on to her. So could my son back at School. I need to pay the mortgage though and thats my profession.

It's not as simple as most get on with their lives and leave the rest to just stay at home for years.

Going back to Sport though...many are saying they should let us all back in but it's not going to happen for a long, long time.

If pubs go again (which I can see happening) and schools are already having partial closures before kids have been in for more than a week....watch in 2-3 weeks when many schools may close....Then crowds at football games will rightly be right at the bottom of Govt priorities. It would just cause them more headaches. They ain't going to want 5-20,000 people mixing in close spaces for something non essential. It's that simple.

I got criticised for saying it a while ago but still don't see fans going in till the 21-22 season. The very earliest might be Spring 21' but the season will be nearly done then!

From things like sporting events being potentially opened up to now us going back to more restrictions slowly being put in there has been a shift this last week.

Whether I/we agree with it...the Govt going to a maximum of 6 people meeting for a period into Autumn means the chances of crowds being let back in of any significant numbers / maybe at all; are pretty slim to nil feel. Boris announcement today on it reviewing it is the pre cursor to ut not happening. Things are not going to improve as we then move into Winter when the Scientists are predicting there will be more cases. Will they cause a significant rise in hoslital admissions/deaths? Who knows. There is a difference between having it and being badly Ill but even those sceptical about it will surely agree the more cases, the more chance of hospital admissions and death rate rising due to how it is passed on?

The notion of all vulnerable /old staying in and every one else gets on with their life does not work. Not sure who said there are no vulnerable left but what I'll informed nonsense. There are so many vulnerable that aren't 85+ of so many different types of conditions etc and still work or have to work or are married/have family members who go to school or work.

My wife is high risk. I teach in a school. I am mixing with 1,000s and do wear a mask but what do I do? I have to work and the Govt is telling me to as Schools are open. I could easily pass on to her. So could my son back at School. I need to pay the mortgage though and thats my profession.

It's not as simple as most get on with their lives and leave the rest to just stay at home for years.

Going back to Sport though...many are saying they should let us all back in but it's not going to happen for a long, long time.

If pubs go again (which I can see happening) and schools are already having partial closures before kids have been in for more than a week....watch in 2-3 weeks when many schools may close....Then crowds at football games will rightly be right at the bottom of Govt priorities. It would just cause them more headaches. They ain't going to want 5-20,000 people mixing in close spaces for something non essential. It's that simple.

I got criticised for saying it a while ago but still don't see fans going in till the 21-22 season. The very earliest might be Spring 21' but the season will be nearly done then!

Well said Deadbat. I totally agree with you on this topic.

Can't fault this Deadbat. It's rubbish that it's happening but football will be a zilch priority.

Can't fault this Deadbat. It's rubbish that it's happening but football will be a zilch priority.

Sadly a fair few seem to think that watching a game of football and drinking with pals should be a huge priority currently. In the grand scheme of things it's not. Sod the rest as long as I get to the match and have a few bevvies? The attitude of "those who don't want to go should stay at home and let me go to the games" does not work and is frankly selfish. Yes they can do that but those going WILL spread it to someone even if asymptomatic and so forth till someone vulnerable/older will get. I repeat not all vulnerable people are sat at home, old and waiting to the. Nearly 4 million was it in the high risk? We are not at the stage where opening up 10-20,000 crowds is smart or necessary. People thinking that those numbers attending large scale events even with the social distancing and rules, will not see an increase in transmission and then hospitalisation are kidding themselves.

Let me qualify it....

I love football and miss home games and away days so much. I love pre/post match and mixing with others. Being in heaving pubs / a packed crowd at the Lane is famtastic. Outside of my family it's the most important thing in my week/life. It is more than a game but at the moment it still does not seem that important and not the top priority personally. I hate the fact we may not set foot in the Lane for 6-12 months but I've come to accept it may be necessary in the long term.

Just my thoughts. No issues peoples disagreeing but the reality is attending games is probably off the agenda for a while with the announcements the last few days.

Sadly a fair few seem to think that watching a game of football and drinking with pals should be a huge priority currently. In the grand scheme of things it's not. Sod the rest as long as I get to the match and have a few bevvies? The attitude of "those who don't want to go should stay at home and let me go to the games" does not work and is frankly selfish. Yes they can do that but those going WILL spread it to someone even if asymptomatic and so forth till someone vulnerable/older will get. I repeat not all vulnerable people are sat at home, old and waiting to the. Nearly 4 million was it in the high risk? We are not at the stage where opening up 10-20,000 crowds is smart or necessary. People thinking that those numbers attending large scale events even with the social distancing and rules, will not see an increase in transmission and then hospitalisation are kidding themselves.

Let me qualify it....

I love football and miss home games and away days so much. I love pre/post match and mixing with others. Being in heaving pubs / a packed crowd at the Lane is famtastic. Outside of my family it's the most important thing in my week/life. It is more than a game but at the moment it still does not seem that important and not the top priority personally. I hate the fact we may not set foot in the Lane for 6-12 months but I've come to accept it may be necessary in the long term.

Just my thoughts. No issues peoples disagreeing but the reality is attending games is probably off the agenda for a while with the announcements the last few days.

I think more of a problem is the collapse of the tv revenues....

Should see Fulham and Villa go tits up hopefully.

Just shows how figures can be manipulated.

The positive test cases had been increasing (2nd wave) but for the past 4 weeks Spain’s figures have been consistently decreasing.
However yesterday there was a massive bump in cases from 2,400 cases up to a very high 9000 cases...which is close to levels they had back in April.
However the important stat of hospitalisations and deaths still remains low...was 800 a day back in April...currently averaging 80 per day.

Its a slight concern that Spain is showing increases but it’s no where near levels to panic.

Boris is speaking now and just said his government are doing 1.4 million tests per week....most targeted with people showing symptoms.
So the fact that the UK is only finding 1 to 2000 positive cases per day....demonstrates how rare this virus is within the UK or it’s just not that contagious.

He’s also just made it clear that “early data shows that children are NOT spreading the virus in schools”
Im listening to him...he’s not a great orator....stumbling on his words as though he knows that we know he’s telling lies....it’s full of contradictions.
Boris says one thing...then another politician (Patrick) during the meeting says something different.
The reporters ask questions...then he back tracks and says something different....he’s so unconvincing.

It’s almost funny....like a Monty Python sketch.
”Children are totally safe at schools...but they must stay vigilant...otherwise they could end up killing their grandma..and we wouldn’t want that”
They must say ‘face make space“ keeping at least 1.6 or was it 1.8 metres from their pals. Then wash their hands and wear a mask in tight spaces like a corridor. We must all now focus on the rule of six....that means you can only stay in groups of 6....however there are several exceptions and mu colleague will go through the list later but it’s to prevent another lock down because a vaccine is just around the corner and we must stay strong to beat this world terror“
Ohhh and ferlough won’t be extended because people need to return to work but if you feel unsafe then....I can understand why you wouldnt go to work
but if we all stay vigilant you should consider returning then we can beat this terror....stay safe everyone.”

It sounds like they’ll be very few fans at any matches this season due to this “rule of 6”.
I think the bulk of vulnerable people have already died....most were in care homes.
Remember 50% of the deceased were over 80 years old....with 90% over 65 years old....almost all with previous health problems.
It‘s totally illogical and bizarre to make so many suffer for the benefit of the few....
Its weird that we are slowly heading towards living in a police state.....and the public are accepting it.
100% spot on mate it's bordering on oppression now we should all revolt and nip it in bud I believe they are doing this to try and stop the demonstrations being planned against all this nanny state stuff

Let me qualify it....

Its a virus less harmful than seasonal flu

I call bullshit it's dying slowly although it will be with us a while like any virus it's not killing people it's not in the air waiting to pounce it's not all over walls in pubs and shops you've more chance of winning the lottery than dying of covid imo

I find it amusing how all the corona enthusiasts call the corona deniers out. The enthusiasts are dumber in my opinion, they actually belive the tripe this fucking tory nazi party tell them, and what the TV (designed to manipulate) tells them is right.

At least the deniers form their own opinions.

I didn't realize there was an abundance of medical specialists on this football forum, I think Boris should be informed immediately we apparently have solved the pandemic.
Pandemic was over in may

Back
Top Bottom