Cowards list

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
I've read with interest various posts referring to some players not putting in the required effort and some being labeled cowards. Obviously we have a few players that simply aren't good enough for this level, but I'd be interested in knowing which players we feel aren't putting in the effort or act cowardly during matches, be interesting if the same few names keep cropping up?

Yeah, agree with most of that, there seem to be quite a few on here tho that think we're carrying some cowards and I'm interested in knowing which players they think fall into this category...

I honestly don’t believe anyone is not putting in the effort or are cowards. But they are just not very good footballers at this standard it’s that simple. Some may label this inferior footballing ability as not putting in the effort but personally I don’t think that’s right.

Not that I think he’s putting his all into it, but Archer is a weird one. He and us find ourselves in a completely meaningless glorified loan deal at this point, neither party, including Villa too actually, are gaining anything from it. It was a stupid deal when it was first announced and it’s still a stupid deal at this moment in time. So I have a tiny bit of sympathy for him over the rest of the squad. A completely different situation to Anel and Wes who have been a disgrace representing the club in my opinion this season.

I've read with interest various posts referring to some players not putting in the required effort and some being labeled cowards. Obviously we have a few players that simply aren't good enough for this level, but I'd be interested in knowing which players we feel aren't putting in the effort or act cowardly during matches, be interesting if the same few names keep cropping up?

Which posts mentioned cowards?

Archer looks like he wants to be at the club a little bit more than Robin Olsen did! He’s not a coward, he’s just biding his time for the summer when he can leave.

Archer looks like he wants to be at the club a little bit more than Robin Olsen did! He’s not a coward, he’s just biding his time for the summer when he can leave.
He keeps jogging in front of us when “warming up”, Face like thunder,didn’t even speak to villa subs who I’m sure he would know .

Don’t think any are cowards to be fair mate

most are struggling to keep the faith, history shows this season we will probably lose, so the first setback heads go down, they’re human.

Wilder came in and seemingly gave them some belief, but Luton and Palace have knocked that

For me Robbo should be captain, shouldn’t have been dropped for a bloke struggling in the championship and the one who in the trenches I would want, not the most gifted but is in the mould of us fans, go down fighting

Anel is seemingly unsettled and needs to regain focus or let’s cash in, Lunstrop mk2 in the making

Not sure about cowards, but those in that kind of direction I'd say are Wes, Anel, Trusty and Archer. It would explain why Wilder seems so unkeen on Archer, yet he made Anel captain and continues picking Trusty

The one absolute Trenchman is Robinson..... who was dropped

McBurnie, Baldock, RND and Osborn are the only others I trust to battle and give it 100%

We need to make sure the fighters are all on the pitch whenever possible

No McBurnie yesterday was an additional reason why Robinson should have started

It's not cowardice, it's a lack of experience at this level and a mindset that they are probably going to lose most weeks.

I genuinely thought Chris had got into them after the first few games, and got them believing, but sadly the motivation doesn't seem to be there as soon as things go badly.

I've had to delete what I've typed, bout a 1000 words worth of my thoughts..

I can sum it up with a lot less..

Prince Abdulla, please go for the good of this club.. you are not bothered about us one bit..so just release us from your overpriced grip and let us go on our way, if that means down the leagues fine with me. I'd take anybody that wants to be even in the country let alone at the ground on a match day over you..

PS, I'm rooting for the Chiefs next Sunday, just hoping the 9ers loose so you'll be upset and not enjoy your day, I'm a Denver fan as well, so let that sink in and lets see how you like having your weekend ruined ...

I don’t personally think anyone is cowardly or not putting the effort in, I think it’s a team, or maybe an entire club, lacking in confidence playing in an unforgiving league where you really do get punished

We as a fan base will always, at least as far as I can remember back from the days of watching under Harry, we are stuck with this concept of working hard/getting stuck in etc etc as the United way etc, as much as the armchair Liverpool/Man Utd/Arsenal fan is conditioned to expect to win every game with attacking exciting football etc, obviously the reality of that is a bit different but that’s how imo we are

So when we are having a really shite season that’s the first thing we look for and assume it’s not there because in reality that’s all 99% of us sat there could offer if we suddenly found ourselves on the pitch

We could all run around and even try and get a tackle in but we would look lost

So imo no one is

When you are losing regularly and some by a big margin heads obviously drop it's the opposite of winning when everyone is running around and wanting the ball like it or not they're human, none of them are cowards and it's insulting to suggest some are.

As others say. I think we have a lot of triers and work horses in the team. I don’t think any are lazy. They just don’t have the quality and are frustrated. Defending for huge sections of each game and the law of averages is that you will come of worse and make mistakes.

I think our recruitment focus has been too heavy on recruiting these types of players who will give their all, 100% for the team, and compete for 90 instead of technically gifted or composed player. McAtee is the only player who goes against that criteria at this level. These are the types that win you matches. A balance is needed but i think we have gone too far one way with a certain type of player.

If you want a proper cowards list then anyone who buys their mate a pie at the Lane but doesn’t get one for themselves goes straight to the top.

I have come to the conclusion that most of the players just don't think. Maybe they are not that clever?

They should be students of the game, have an awareness of the tactics and the systems of professional football, most must have been playing football for years from a very young age.

The defending on Saturday was shocking, but to keep conceding goals in the same fashion shows a lack of thought and adjustment on the field, that or just being vacant.

We badly need a leader/captain on the pitch someone too organise, keep spirits up, and put a few teammates in order when they go to sleep.

HH

Not having characters like Billy Sharp around the dressing room to help integrate all the new players into the club hasn’t helped us at all, this is another reason the whole ethos of the club needs to change from top to bottom, if we aren’t having people who know the club so to speak then we need quality personnel instead, that goes from infrastructure all the way up to the playing staff, the club needs to get a grip of the whole situation before it becomes a complete shambles next season.

A few saying they would back Ozzy but he absolutely neshed a 50/50 when he came on yesterday. He did put some effort in though at least. And Robinson should be captain, much better player than Trusty for the left sided centre half spot.

Back
Top Bottom