Covid Rules for the Game on Saturday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

ChipButtyBlade

Reaction score
Well there are'nt any :D

1628007720178.png
Sheffield United is looking forward to welcoming Blades fans back to Bramall Lane for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship opener.

The club will be considering Government and EFL guidelines with regards to safety measures. Supporters should note that there is no requirement to provide a Covid-19 passport or anything equivalent, any changes to this policy will be communicated should the need arise.

Whilst social distancing measures have been removed, we politely ask that all supporters are respectful and considerate towards others whose circumstances may differ to their own.

All supporters entering the stadium at the weekend are advised to wear a face covering when not eating or drinking and although this is not regulation, the club is adopting this advice with safety paramount in our planning.

1628007772859.png
Tickets for the game are now on general sale and can now be purchased in person at the ticket office or online.

Supporters are advised that kiosks inside the stadium will be fully cashless, full details can be found by clicking here.

Supporters may also wish to view our Visitors Guide.

The Blades Superstore will be open from 9am on Saturday, for full opening hours of our retail outlets, including the store at Meadowhall, please click here.

ECmUWJ8WkAEsT2A.jpg

Does the wearing a mask when eating or drinking include the hip flask. The old trusty match day tipple just to keep you warm in middle of summer essential

Professor axon quoted
He warned some cloth masks have gaps which are invisible to the naked eye, but are 5,000 times the size of viral Covid particles.

"The small sizes are not easily understood but an imperfect analogy would be to imagine marbles fired at builders' scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through," he told The Telegraph. So just make your choice utb

Says advised to wear a mask when not eating or drinking, does this mean they advise you to wear one whilst sat in your seat watching the game? it’s all a bit ambiguous.

Professor axon quoted
He warned some cloth masks have gaps which are invisible to the naked eye, but are 5,000 times the size of viral Covid particles.

"The small sizes are not easily understood but an imperfect analogy would be to imagine marbles fired at builders' scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through," he told The Telegraph. So just make your choice utb
Professor Axon the author of “Fifty years of digestive endoscopy"?!

Literally nothing to do with virology... or even mouth, nose, throat, lungs...

Why is he the expert you trust regarding cheap preventative pandemic precautions?

Why is he the expert you trust regarding cheap preventative pandemic precautions?
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that something 5000 times smaller than the holes will go straight through ,try pouring water through a colander .if you want to wear a mask wear a proper one ff3 minimum

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that something 5000 times smaller than the holes will go straight through ,try pouring water through a colander .if you want to wear a mask wear a proper one ff3 minimum
So the precaution was just nonsense to boost the homemade face mask industry?
Makes sense.

Not just a simple, cheap, relatively effective (according to actual experts) method to save lives.

I understand now.

Makes sense.

Not just a simple, cheap, relatively effective (according to actual experts) method to save lives.

I understand now.
That's your take on it .
And that's no problem . But as any HSE advisor will tell you ,it needs to be the right mask for the task or it's pointless .and also properly face fitted .
If I went into a asbestos environment with a cloth mask it would give me minimum protection .where as a ff3 would protect me.
Getting my drift

That's your take on it .
And that's no problem . But as any HSE advisor will tell you ,it needs to be the right mask for the task or it's pointless .and also properly face fitted .
If I went into a asbestos environment with a cloth mask it would give me minimum protection .where as a ff3 would protect me.
Getting my drift
The entire public can't possibly own, wear or afford a full grade medical mask.

Ever heard of the phrase: "It's better than nothing?" THAT is why we we've been wearing masks.

Ever heard of the phrase: "It's better than nothing?" THAT is why we we've been wearing masks.
I'm not saying fans should wear masks outdoors at the match.

I'd personally show courtesy to my fellow Blades by wearing one in the toilets, or if I was under the South Stand for example. Seeing as I could easily get Covid from my kid any day without me even knowing.

Anti-maskers are like vegans, they seem to have to tell you about it at every available opportunity.
They’ve been kicking off about not wearing masks, won’t attend if they have to and will return Season Tickets, yada, yada, yada. Now they’ve been told they don’t have to, the response is “I’m not wearing a mask”.

Ff3 masks are not expensive I've a garage full of them .just to point out what people have been wearing aren't masks in the true sense ,they are bits of random cloth , a confidence booster for people that are worried .side note it's now great for us registered deaf that we can now see people's lips when trying to converse with them .utb last post on the subject .

Think just a little bit of common sense and consideration could be used where applicable and appropriate - i.e. when in an enclosed space (such as say a crammed toilet or concourse area) then probably slip your mask on for a few minutes (no big deal really is it?!).
Then, whilst out in the "open air" and when sat / stood in the stands, masks won't really be that necessary - all good.

No. Dr Colin Axon.

Anti-maskers are like vegans, they seem to have to tell you about it at every available opportunity.
They’ve been kicking off about not wearing masks, won’t attend if they have to and will return Season Tickets, yada, yada, yada. Now they’ve been told they don’t have to, the response is “I’m not wearing a mask”.

giphy.gif

That's your take on it .
Getting my drift

To be sure to stop it getting in, yes FFP3 grade is required. Cheaper masks do reduce the amount of it getting out and circulating around in a crowd though. Not pointless.

Makes sense.

I understand now.
I'm no scientist myself but I know our Gvt scientists were anything but convinced they would make any meaningful difference all things considered 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom