Covid Rules for the Game on Saturday

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only in the cubicles 💩

Especially as it usually seems to be three lads to a cubicle. They must be so desperate! 🤷‍♂️

TBF though, they usually come prepared, I overhead that they even have some local anaesthetic on hand so that the mask doesn’t irritate their nose.

I think it’s meant to
To your point - it's meant to be ambiguous. Stewards aren't paid enough and won't enforce it, so what's the point in making a rule you can't enforce.

Those who want to will wear one, those who don't want to won't. Seems like the most sensible option is to leave each to their own. My only hope is people who don't wear it don't make those who want to feel uncomfortable.

Does this mean that all those who were moaning about not going will now go? Or is there another reason not to go? Like taking the knee or the kick off time or summat?

To your point - it's meant to be ambiguous. Stewards aren't paid enough and won't enforce it, so what's the point in making a rule you can't enforce.

Those who want to will wear one, those who don't want to won't. Seems like the most sensible option is to leave each to their own. My only hope is people who don't wear it don't make those who want to feel uncomfortable.
Also club not wanting to upset anyone..

truth is the government do their job and say yes wear them or no no need to means they face the brunt of the vitriol all they’ve done is pas the buck and responsibility to organisations. Any organisation goes one way of the other they alienate and piss off 50% of their clientele..

they’ve all been stitched up in my opinion.. being lined up to take the blame too for any spikes that may arise

Any organisation goes one way of the other they alienate and piss off 50% of their clientele..

But the current policy is freedom of choice….so how can that policy alienate anyone, surely we should learn to respect that people have their own experiences regards covid and have different risk thresholds….so they are free to make a judgment….until the government say otherwise cant see the problem.

Of course the ultimate safety is staying at home, refusing to leave the house, no visitors allowed in doors and food/ provisions being delivered.

Does this mean that all those who were moaning about not going will now go? Or is there another reason not to go? Like taking the knee or the kick off time or summat?
I’m not going. Partly because I’ve got a busy couple of months coming up and I really can’t afford to risk getting Covid after seeing my mate lose three weeks from it despite being doubled jabbed after Wembley. I’m self employed and I’ve suffered from a combination of Brexit and Covid for three years now, my income has been almost halved. And partly because, to be honest, I can’t be arsed. I’ve fallen out of love with the club a bit. I don’t want to do a three hundred mile round trip to watch us play.

Not just a simple, cheap, relatively effective (according to actual experts) method to save lives.

I understand now.

If it was relatively effective, then they'd have been recommended from the outset, and we'd have seen hundreds of hospitalisations and deaths of supermarket workers from March-July 2020 when everyone was shopping without one. They weren't, we didn't, the only new trial since then is inconclusive. They only became a requirement to try to reassure the irrational that the government scared with continual fear in the media, rather than being based on anything logical.

not wearing a mask.
Ive said this on another thread and got cried all over by the anti maskless mob.Apparantly i just think im hard and have no respect for anyone else.This is where we are now ffs.

I have got my paper covid passport for when they come in. Took a few days to come in the post and easy to do online. It's instead of the app version which I suspect will crash under big demand getting in the ground.

Anti-maskers are like vegans, they seem to have to tell you about it at every available opportunity.
They’ve been kicking off about not wearing masks, won’t attend if they have to and will return Season Tickets, yada, yada, yada. Now they’ve been told they don’t have to, the response is “I’m not wearing a mask”.
Anti maskers ffs i love that made up shit.Its the anti maskless we need to worry about.🤣🤣

I saw one person wearing a mask at Doncaster. Just one. It felt very much back to normal.

A bit gutted to be missing this one as I’m away and looking likely I’ll be missing the home game after as well.

Professor axon quoted
He warned some cloth masks have gaps which are invisible to the naked eye, but are 5,000 times the size of viral Covid particles.

"The small sizes are not easily understood but an imperfect analogy would be to imagine marbles fired at builders' scaffolding, some might hit a pole and rebound, but obviously most will fly through," he told The Telegraph. So just make your choice utb
They aren't trying to stop individual viruses though. They are trying to minimise spit / snot droplets that contain virus.
They've only ever supposed to have been something that helps a bit when used over a whole population.

I don't wear one now generally, except at tills etc.

I think your user name indicates that you don’t either.
You're missing it mate. He brought up the v-word first = irony, in view of the context. I was responding to his comment (so my v-status =irrelevant) therefore no irony. It's not rocket science.

From your post history on this topic, I'm well aware you love the made up shit. :p
I love freedom of choice mate..if you are double jabbed and wearing a mask but are still scared to leave the house then thats your choice.My choice is the same as millions of others who are embracing the lifting of the mask mandate.

I’m not going. Partly because I’ve got a busy couple of months coming up and I really can’t afford to risk getting Covid after seeing my mate lose three weeks from it despite being doubled jabbed after Wembley. I’m self employed and I’ve suffered from a combination of Brexit and Covid for three years now, my income has been almost halved. And partly because, to be honest, I can’t be arsed. I’ve fallen out of love with the club a bit. I don’t want to do a three hundred mile round trip to watch us play.
Part timer

You're missing it mate. He brought up the v-word first = irony, in view of the context. I was responding to his comment (so my v-status =irrelevant) therefore no irony. It's not rocket science.
I thought your post was just a jokey comment, which I thought was good and it made me laugh but if we’re actually getting into debating my comment it’s not entirely unrelated though is it?
It’s related because like anti-maskers they have to tell you about it even if that info is not needed. Therefore has relevance in the topic being discussed.
Of course if your user name on a football forum is also linked to your position on eating meat it would also be very funny.

Bloody hell, having to explain jokey comments is depressing.

I was also specifically digging out the 'arm nut guin coz i av 2 du a test' people rather than those with genuine concerns.

I'm now of the opinion that I won't test for covid until I'm feverish and/or coughing a lot as I spent over 2 weeks at home last month and I'm not keen on doing it again.

Because I won't be wearing a mask, will I be classed as an anti-masker?

I'm not an anti-masker, I just don't want to wear one. This didn't stop me wearing one when I legally had to. If you want to wear one, go for it.

Calling someone an anti-masker because they don't want to wear one is like calling someone homophobic because they choose not to put their winkle in another mans bottom (language chosen in case someone links this thread onto Porktalk)

I was also specifically digging out the 'arm nut guin coz i av 2 du a test' people rather than those with genuine concerns.

I'm now of the opinion that I won't test for covid until I'm feverish and/or coughing a lot as I spent over 2 weeks at home last month and I'm not keen on doing it again.
I felt morally obliged to do them. First one because I was seeing my mum, others because I had appointments with clients at their homes (and one was also elderly). I’d shared a cab after the final with my mate who had it so it was quite possible that I may have caught it. Otherwise, I wouldn’t have bothered.

Back
Top Bottom