COVID passport

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If a person has been double jabbed why worry about someone else, unless the vax doesn't work.

I know of 2 people who have been double jabbed and then caught it............. 1 was 8 weeks after the 2nd jab.

Follow the science.

Though scientists produced a report in 2019 saying that the UK was the second best country in the world prepared for a pandemic (USA no 1).

So maybe not those scientists :oops:

Didn’t think they were mandating it until Sept, however if you do need it before then, bring your second jab forward, again via the app.
Apparently I need to wait 4 weeks from the point of infection, hence why I’ve had to put it back (only just finished my isolation period). Looks like there’s little I can do in that regard - just one of those things I guess.

I read somewhere that the vaccination is similar to what was developed for SARS and MERS. Shoot me if I am wrong.

mRNA may have been studied and developed but it's never been used as vaccine before hence why nobody can say what it's going to do to the body down the stretch.

I know of 2 people who have been double jabbed and then caught it............. 1 was 8 weeks after the 2nd jab.

Follow the science.

Though scientists produced a report in 2019 saying that the UK was the second best country in the world prepared for a pandemic (USA no 1).

Nobody has ever claimed the vaccine is 100% effective, like all vaccines. I’m really quite surprised at the number of people who seem to be completely oblivious to this.

Follow the science.

Didn't the Tories get rid of the pandemic preparedness people because they thought it wouldn't happen and the people and cash were best placed elsewhere?

Good job on that one, eh.

Or just those that refuse to be controlled everywhere they go.

I know 6 people who've all been double jabbed and have had covid in the last few weeks, so you could still have a scenario where you have double jabbed people flashing their covid passports at the lane and then becoming super spreaders to the entire crowd...

The govt are panicking now, more than ever that they will be blamed for opening life up again. People have sat in their homes in fear for 18 months and now the nation is jabbed we should be free to get on with life.

Fuck covid passports.
Vaccinated individuals don't end up with high viral loads even when infected so are unlikely to be super-spreaders.
Additionally, super-spreading usually happens in crowded, indoor venues, so very unlikely at a football match.

Or just those that refuse to be controlled everywhere they go.

I know 6 people who've all been double jabbed and have had covid in the last few weeks, so you could still have a scenario where you have double jabbed people flashing their covid passports at the lane and then becoming super spreaders to the entire crowd...

The govt are panicking now, more than ever that they will be blamed for opening life up again. People have sat in their homes in fear for 18 months and now the nation is jabbed we should be free to get on with life.

Fuck covid passports.
Being jabbed does not guarantee you won’t catch a virus. It just teaches your body how to fight it so the theory is you just won’t be as ill as you would without it. No vaccine is 100% effective which is why people will probably need some sort of booster in the same way people are vaccinated annually against Flu.
All my family are double jabbed.

At least 20000 died of the flu in 1999 under Tony Blair and we have had a vaccine against the flu since the 1940's.

Some are saying there could be 50000 flu deaths this winter on top of the Covid deaths....

At least 20000 died of the flu in 1999 under Tony Blair and we have had a vaccine against the flu since the 1940's.

Some are saying there could be 50000 flu deaths this winter on top of the Covid deaths....

I assume your view on this is that people shouldn’t get the flu vaccine then?

Vaccinated individuals don't end up with high viral loads even when infected so are unlikely to be super-spreaders.
Additionally, super-spreading usually happens in crowded, indoor venues, so very unlikely at a football match.
Crowded places ? Try the gents at half time or the tram going home !

A new covid thread 🤣

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

I accept and recognise yr irony, but Jesus.

More space for dangerous morons.

More space for self-appointed knownothing experts demonising professional folk who do actually know stuff.

More space for arrogant twats contemptuous of those who’ve died and are left behind.

More space for idiots promulgating vile conspiracy theory rooted in neo-Nazi versions of history.

Just what we need.

Sigh.

And fucking 🤮

So why would i need to show any passport at a football ground then? But presumably i'll be able to drink in a crowded pub with my mates before the game with no passport

Am puzzled at the lack of details about allowing fans for matches in August and September but there are plans for COVID passports from October. Am I right in thinking that fans will be allowed as normal for August and September but the scientists are more worried about the big increase of cases from October hence the reason for COVID passports?

Am puzzled at the lack of details about allowing fans for matches in August and September but there are plans for COVID passports from October. Am I right in thinking that fans will be allowed as normal for August and September but the scientists are more worried about the big increase of cases from October hence the reason for COVID passports?
Seems to be either that or a back track but they can't get it off the ground before october

Hasn't there already been some league guidance or something saying that toilets and concourses have been modified for covid, social distancing in the bogs, hand sanitiser stations, and masks.

So why would i need to show any passport at a football ground then? But presumably i'll be able to drink in a crowded pub with my mates before the game with no passport
You could still get some individuals passing it on to other individuals in the crowd.
But a 'super-spreading' event amongst a vaccinated crowd is unlikely.
And If the Govt find that Covid is being spread in pubs, they'll probably do something about them as well.

Didn't the Tories get rid of the pandemic preparedness people because they thought it wouldn't happen and the people and cash were best placed elsewhere?

Good job on that one, eh.
They forgot to replace the PPE stockpile when it went out of date. We had warehouses full of it following a pandemic preparedness exercise carried out when Labour were in power I think

They forgot to replace the PPE stockpile when it went out of date. We had warehouses full of it following a pandemic preparedness exercise carried out when Labour were in power I think

I googled it, it was a committee under the national security council or something, they disbanded them so they could put the civil servants to work on Brexit 🤦

I saw a government information film on the BBC News site a few months ago from maybe 2010 or so I think, produced as part of their pandemic preparedness for an influenza pandemic. It was sort of scary, but very clear. They really should have dug it out.

I really hope that we can get far enough along in living with it that the time comes for a huge inquiry, because it's been an absolute shambles.

Back
Top Bottom