COVID Passport

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As I've just said in my latest post, I'm epileptic. There is zero evidence anywhere that this vaccine does or does not interact with epilepsy medications. So I'm being discriminated on my medical history.

Still, fuck em eh? Just get the fuckin jab.

he Association of British Neurologists says all COVID-19 vaccines are safe for people with neurological conditions such as epilepsy.

I don't think any medical professional would say categorically that the things they do are totally safe, and if they do they're lying, and that's true of everything not just a new vaccine.
Exactly. You simply cannot process a vaccine, or any new drug composition for that matter, from inception to clinical trials to mass public consumption in such a short space of time and make universal statements about it’s safety. They don’t know, because to know in a statistically representative manner would take decades. They do have 50 years of experience in mRNA vaccines to draw upon to be able to make reasonable assumptions though. I mean, fuck, take the warning leaflet out of a paracetamol packet and some poor sod in a million can suffer cardiac arrest from nowhere.

Exactly. You simply cannot process a vaccine, or any new drug composition for that matter, from inception to clinical trials to mass public consumption in such a short space of time and make universal statements about it’s safety. They don’t know, because to know in a statistically representative manner would take decades. They do have 50 years of experience in mRNA vaccines to draw upon to be able to make reasonable assumptions though. I mean, fuck, take the warning leaflet out of a paracetamol packet and some poor sod in a million can suffer cardiac arrest from nowhere.

Yep.

I've been prescribed naproxen and ibuprofen multiple times over the years because I buggered my shoulder and arm up when I was younger, I was absolutely fine with them but became allergic to nsaids when I was 28 out of nowhere.

When I found out I was now allergic to them, if I hadn't quickly realised I was having a reaction, a drug they wouldn't even warn you about at the GP might have done me some serious damage.

Yep.

I've been prescribed naproxen and ibuprofen multiple times over the years because I buggered my shoulder and arm up when I was younger, I was absolutely fine with them but became allergic to nsaids when I was 28 out of nowhere.

When I found out I was now allergic to them, if I hadn't quickly realised I was having a reaction, a drug they wouldn't even warn you about at the GP might have done me some serious damage.
I initially liked this post, but given the content, liking it seemed wrong. So I’ll reply to say agree. And glad you didn’t suffer an anaphylactic shock!

I initially liked this post, but given the content, liking it seemed wrong. So I’ll reply to say agree. And glad you didn’t suffer an anaphylactic shock!
It’s fine, if you had had an anaphylactic shock you could have just had some adrenaline…. Oh wait.

Mate, you literally said this:

Having an actual reason for not having the vaccination isn’t a choice. Having epilepsy or any other illness isn’t a choice. I stand behind what I said: anyone CHOOSING not to have the vaccinations has to live with the consequences of that, which will be a curtailing of their personal liberties.

The reason there’s a moral imperative for those who can have the vaccine to have it is to help protect those who can’t.
This whole pandemic has really shown which individuals have a rock on for authoritarianism.

Preferring a test over a vaccine with no long term research should result in ‘a curtailing of personal liberties’. Jesus fucking christ mate have a day off

Can still catch & transmit covid with the vaccine, somewhere between 40-60% (god knows after that mess earlier) of hospitalisations are double jabbed, but having the vaccine is the sole thing that can keep you protected. Forget about the tests that they’ve been banging on about for months. Some politicians have clearly got their fingers in the vaccine money jar

This whole pandemic has really shown which individuals have a rock on for authoritarianism.

Preferring a test over a vaccine with no long term research should result in ‘a curtailing of personal liberties’. Jesus fucking christ mate have a day off

Can still catch & transmit covid with the vaccine, somewhere between 40-60% (god knows after that mess earlier) of hospitalisations are double jabbed, but having the vaccine is the sole thing that can keep you protected. Forget about the tests that they’ve been banging on about for months. Some politicians have clearly got their fingers in the vaccine money jar
Same kind of people that slag off this government 24/7 but rush to the TV at 5pm with nob out to follow every word they say

People who don’t WANT the vaccine and get seriously ill should be charged for healthcare, it’s absolutely their choice to do that but everyone else should not have to pay to support these decisions, the gov will need to set up infectious disease units across the country and these will be costly, but it’s something that is absolutely going to need to happen if a proportion of the public do not want the vaccine. Life cannot stop every time we get increase in cases, hospital cases and deaths.

People who smoke like chimneys should be told to fuckoff from hospitals if they get poorly from it, following that logic like.

Yep.

Exactly the same here, had no issues with Ibuprofen for years then one day just had a really bad time with it and the doctor told me not to take nsaids again.

People who smoke like chimneys should be told to fuckoff from hospitals if they get poorly from it, following that logic like.
Yep same with anything alcohol or obesity related. Broke your leg playing sunday league? Tough here's your medical bill was your choice to play.

People who don’t WANT the vaccine and get seriously ill should be charged for healthcare, it’s absolutely their choice to do that but everyone else should not have to pay to support these decisions, the gov will need to set up infectious disease units across the country and these will be costly, but it’s something that is absolutely going to need to happen if a proportion of the public do not want the vaccine. Life cannot stop every time we get increase in cases, hospital cases and deaths.
And those who take it should have red carpets rolled out for them should they?

I keep seeing these revelations about what Boris has said and it appears behind closed doors hes very sensible and has the right idea but someone has some power over him and keeps making him toe SAGES line.
Lots of voices as you might expect.

Boris is a populist and it's no coincidence that there have been many leaks and dropped hints, followed by u turns.

Yep same with anything alcohol or obesity related. Broke your leg playing sunday league? Tough here's your medical bill was your choice to play.
Wonder how it would go down if someone suggested banning all fatties from supermarkets 🤣

Further to that point, why don’t we give passports and QR codes to pedos and rapists? Because it would be an invasion of privacy and against their human rights. They get a new fucking name and protected from any abuse.

But god forbid you don’t want a vaccine, kick them folk out of society instead

Easy to twist things to fit your own agenda. Smoking is a good example. Can you smoke in a pub? No - because it’s harmful to other people. Can you smoke in a car with your kids in it? No because its harmful. Do either of those things affect your freedoms and civil liberties? Should smokers get free NHS treatment? Well they pay for it indirectly through taxation on nicotine.
If you choose not to have a vaccination you represent an increased risk to other people. Therefore you might be prevented from doing things that pose a risk. Any different?

Will you vaccinated folk who are in favour of these passports go to a game if youve got a cough / cold or just feeling a little unwell?

Only after a negative PCR test - exactly the same rules as going anywhere else??!?

So how severe will your illness need to be for you to do a PCR test or will you do a PCR test before every event?

What if your cough / cold only becomes apparent half way through the game, will you leave?

In typical Tory style, the coordination of the solutions are far too close to, or at risk of running late for the timescale needed.

They simply don't do well thought out and timely.

Wouldn't surprise me if this bad planning, coupled with an upsurge in cases due to recent large scale unregulated events meant a postponing of the season starting.

And given that their planning has naff all coordination thus far, on how they propose making it safe and accessible for as many as possible - postponement may not be the worse thing in the world.

So how severe will your illness need to be for you to do a PCR test or will you do a PCR test before every event?

What if your cough / cold only becomes apparent half way through the game, will you leave?
This is the guidance I will
follow. Is this not what you have been doing?

• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal

• If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, even if they're mild:
    1. Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
    2. You and anyone you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.

• a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
  • a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
  • a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you've noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal

1. Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
    2. You and anyone you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Sure, so can I not follow that guidance without a jab??

Everyone needs the vaccine to protect those already with the vaccine because the vaccine isn’t 100% but let’s scrap tests that tell you whether you’ve got covid because the vaccines work, although you can still catch & transmit covid with the vaccine because the vaccines aren’t 100%. But don’t you dare question it you selfish bastards

Thing is though, I had Covid without any of those symptoms. I felt a bit "achey", took some Day Nurse and felt fine. A family member insisted I should test even though i showed none of those symptoms. I did and it was positive.

Right.
Those of you who have made the free choice not to have the vaccine. And are worried the need for a Covid Passport may exclude you from nightclubs, pubs and/or football grounds.
I'm happy to help you in any way I can. So, specifically, what do you want those of us who have chosen the vaccine to do to help?

Back
Top Bottom