[CONFIRMED] Ryan Flynn signs from Falkirk

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LoughboroBlade

Reaction score
Haven't seen this link before. Local press suggesting he's on the verge of a £150k move to us.

Bairns recruitment drive edges closer

FINALLY Falkirk’s recruitment drive is kicking into gear.

After losing Marc Twaddle and Mark Stewart on top of his 18 released players from last season, Steven Pressley’s goalkeeping target Robert Olejnik slipped through his fingers last week.

Ryan Flynn is also ready to leave the club but Heraldsport understands players will begin moving in the other direction shortly.

A loan deal for Bolton Wanderers’ defender Rhys Bennet - who captained the Trotters’ reserve side last term - is imminent.

And Pressley’s struggle will be eased slightly by funds created by Ryan Flynn’s departure.

A deal, with add-ons, believed to be around £150,000, could take the midfielder to Sheffield United early next week.
That would give the boss more room to work as he has no funds to use now and is relying on sales before signings.

Flynn was conspicuous by his absence as Falkirk fell 5-0 behind to one of his other suitors, Dundee United, but the Bairns clawed back respectability in the second half with two well-taken goals.

“Once I get money I need to prioritise who I need to bring in,” the manager told Heraldsport.

“We desperately need another goalkeeper and we need defenders plus a striker - we need strength right through the spine of the team.”

Flynn is 22, and appears to be a winger.

A quick glance on the "One F in Falkirk" forum suggests that this has been rumoured recently . Interestingly, they are also in a 'sell before you buy' situation, and most think it'll be a free transfer. Flynn was their young player of the year last year, and seems to be well thought of.

Worth a shot. Surely most of the 150k would be add ons?

That seems to be the suggestion.

This is precisely the type of signing we should be looking to get more of. Young, enthusiastic, point to prove, already shown signs of promise. I'd sooner take a gamble on a signing like this than look at re-signing Alan Quinn (which is itself a gamble).

This is precisely the type of signing we should be looking to get more of. Young, enthusiastic, point to prove, already shown signs of promise. I'd sooner take a gamble on a signing like this than look at re-signing Alan Quinn (which is itself a gamble).

What he says ^ ^ ^

I think there will be a few smaller transfers over the next few weeks but nothing major until later in the month, when we have a better idea of where some of our big earners will be.

I think this is the sort of transfer that we need, many teams who get promotion get there by finding talent from the smaller clubs.

I think this is the sort of transfer that we need, many teams who get promotion get there by finding talent from the smaller clubs.

Which is hopefully what Dearden is going to help us improve on. For all we know this could be a player he's identified.

I believe Danny is looking for a Lucky Bag to discover what's inside it.
He will be well pleased with the sherbert, gum and skin transfer - likely to be the only transfer news we will be getting for some while.

Tumbleweed . . . . . . . . .

Hope he turns out somewhere near as good a signing as the last Scottish winger we signed after relegation to division 3. Jock Bryson, he of the sideways heading action, flicked V's to Barnsley fans goal celebration and possible zone man.

Hello All
I have a friend who has seen him play for Falkirk and says he is young, bit good. Could be good for us as like to stay very wide.

Hello All
I have a friend who has seen him play for Falkirk and says he is young, bit good. Could be good for us as like to stay very wide.

That seems to be in keeping with everything I've read/seen.

There is one game from last season where Falkirk thrashed Queen of the South 5-1 away from home where Flynn had a hand in all 5 goals. The only footage I can see of this online is from a video from a home fan (with entertaining disgruntlement from the home end). You get a decent view of his first assist, and partial views of the rest. Looks a tricky winger that's comfortable with either foot - in this instance playing down the left, but looks like the sort that can switch wings easily.

Oh for the days when we used to have wingers switching wings during games !

Otherwise known as the Kevin Blackwell go-to 30 minute plan B tactic. 40 mins: change them back again. Worked every time....

Trouble is, he thought the likes of Cresswell, Williamson, Halford etc were wingers.

The last time I can recall it working well was Nuddy and a young Mr Tonge.

He actually sounds a bit more like Tonge that year than Nuddy. Quick-footed rather than outright quick. One comment I've read from a Falkirk:

His biggest problem was that he was too good in a team of rubbish. The opposition just stuck two players on him as they knew the rest of our team was no danger and Stinkingbotham and Straightoutta would beat themselves anyway. They also made sure different people kicked him early a few times before the bookings came out for the first foul after 15mins.

Easily the most talented player we've seen at Falkirk since Stokes and Latapy.

At £150k, I know we don't know anything about this lad, but it would seem to be a step in the right direction.

Inches ever closer. Sky Sports now reporting we've agreed a deal - first quote I've seen from either club on this so far.

Sheffield United have moved one step closer to signing Ryan Flynn after agreeing a fee with Falkirk.

Skysports.com revealed earlier this week that The Blades were primed to pip Hearts to the youngster's signature.

The Bairns have now confirmed that United's bid for the 22-year ex-Liverpool man has been accepted.

Flynn joined Falkirk following a successful loan spell and he has been an excellent performer in recent seasons.

"We've agreed a fee with Sheffield United and it's up to Ryan to agree personal terms," Falkirk's managing director George Craig confirmed.

"He has been given permission to talk to them and undergo a medical."

We're only interested because there's a job lot of "nearly new" training kit with RF sewn on that we're keen to get some use out of.

Thats funny lets hope he's not as bad as the other RF.

this should go through whne the Yates to Watford goes through i would have thought and then we'll announce Flynn & Duke signings

Why does the phrase "it's up to Ryan to agree personal terms" still make me feel like it's miles away and may not happen !

Let's hope we have another Jock Bryson on our hands :)

He will be our big summer signing, unless we can prize someone else away from Swindon

Ticks all the boxes for me, right age, good experience, good reviews, definitely the type of player we need and a decent price.

Back
Top Bottom