Confess your unpopular opinions regarding SUFC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He didn't get a tune from them for 12 months before he quit so fail to see the logic
Wilder spent a year trying to get a tune out of them.
The result sounded like Wednesday's Band.

In the Premier League with no fans.

Championship with a full house at Bramall Lane is a different kettle of fish.

All true.

But I still think Wilder and Knill were the best people for the job to get us back up this season.

Wilder signed every single player in our current squad apart from Basham, Sharp and the academy players.

If anyone can still get a tune out of this lot then it'll be Wilder, not Jokanovic.
What tune were they playing when we got relegated, because to most people watching, some turned up without their instruments some played a different tune and none of them managed to even play the right notes but in the wrong order

What tune were they playing when we got relegated, because to most people watching, some turned up without their instruments some played a different tune and none of them managed to even play the right notes but in the wrong order

They weren't playing any tune, they were shit.

Doesn't mean they all have to be taken out the back and shot.

They weren't playing any tune, they were shit.

Doesn't mean they all have to be taken out the back and shot.
Neither does it mean, the man that bought them, coached them and played them, could get a tune out of them, after spending 12 months not getting a tune.
It was obvious to Stevie Wonder in a dark room, in the middle of a power cut, the system didn't work without JOC.
No effort to replace him, was made, his understudy, who had years of playing the system, wasn't good enough (Bryan).
Options in tgat position were tried none worked, yet the system was rigidly held onto, in the hope it would click into place it didn't, and won't until either JOC is back or replaced like for like

Wilder deserved another shot at getting us back up; I’d have given him til Christmas to be top six. I think the Prince probably would have done something like this too.

But Wilder realised he’s not good enough to do it, so went early.

Neither does it mean, the man that bought them, coached them and played them, could get a tune out of them, after spending 12 months not getting a tune.
It was obvious to Stevie Wonder in a dark room, in the middle of a power cut, the system didn't work without JOC.
No effort to replace him, was made, his understudy, who had years of playing the system, wasn't good enough (Bryan).
Options in tgat position were tried none worked, yet the system was rigidly held onto, in the hope it would click into place it didn't, and won't until either JOC is back or replaced like for like

Fair enough.

I just think history has repeated itself and the exact same mistake has been made again.

Warnock was the best person to get us back up in 2007-08 but for whatever reason he was gone.

Wilder is the best person to get us back up in 2021-22 but for whatever reason he's gone.

Fair enough.

I just think history has repeated itself and the exact same mistake has been made again.

Warnock was the best person to get us back up in 2007-08 but for whatever reason he was gone.

Wilder is the best person to get us back up in 2021-22 but for whatever reason he's gone.
Your judged on results first, performances second, despite everything CW had achieved, during the relegation season there was never any sign of not only avoiding the drop, but actually motivating the team to fight, that's what upset the majority of people, we can accept getting thrashed at City, Liverpool etc what we can't and hopefully will never accept is a total lack of effort, no discernible belief or fight within the team, like it or not CW failed to motivate the side that he built

Your judged on results first, performances second, despite everything CW had achieved, during the relegation season there was never any sign of not only avoiding the drop, but actually motivating the team to fight, that's what upset the majority of people, we can accept getting thrashed at City, Liverpool etc what we can't and hopefully will never accept is a total lack of effort, no discernible belief or fight within the team, like it or not CW failed to motivate the side that he built

All pretty much true again.

Still doesn't change my opinion that he would have been the best person to get us back up this season.

All pretty much true again.

Still doesn't change my opinion that he would have been the best person to get us back up this season.
So if/when Sky TV or your mobile phone provider, screws up, spends 12 months providing a crap service, you will happily sign up for another contract because they did well 2 years before?

Not really the same, is it?

We'll have to agree to disagree.
But it is the same, despite not getting a tune for 12 months in a glamour division they all want to play in, there was no tune, but dropping into an easier division the same players would revert to their philharmonic orchestra best, and belt out a tune

I think it was reasonable swapping Robinson for Burke.

Robinson clearly didn't fit in our system and wasn't the player we thought he would be. It happens.

Burke offered something different and was worth a go nurturing to make a striker out of him. It didn't quite work. It happens.

We got half the Robinson money back and Burke scored/set up a crucial goal against Manchester United which was crucial in getting us some confidence to crawl past Derby's points total.

If Robinson had stayed I don't think he would have been a success.

I think it was reasonable swapping Robinson for Burke.

Robinson clearly didn't fit in our system and wasn't the player we thought he would be. It happens.

Burke offered something different and was worth a go nurturing to make a striker out of him. It didn't quite work. It happens.

We got half the Robinson money back and Burke scored/set up a crucial goal against Manchester United which was crucial in getting us some confidence to crawl past Derby's points total.

If Robinson had stayed I don't think he would have been a success.

I agree Robinson was nesh and a huge disappointment for me. Never went for a 50/50 in his time with us.

I'm sure he'd be a lot better now playing out wide under Slav but it is what it is.

Maybe the best option would have been to have neither haha

Chris Wilder took charge with a mid table championship ability side, and left us a mid table championship ability side.

Any competent manager would have got us promoted that first aeason.

We then went on quite the ride after that, but we ended near enough back where we started.

Like many, will be as good as it gets watching the blades, so certainly not digging Wilder.

Chris Wilder took charge with a mid table championship ability side, and left us a mid table championship ability side.

Yes, I distinctly remember the shouts on the lap of 'honour' after the Scunthorpe home game on the last day (lost 0-2).

"Well done, lads - you've demonstrated over the season that you're at least a division above your current actual standing" (from the South Stand)
"Good stuff team - you've been far better than the finish of 11th in League One deserves" (the family stand)
"The same again next year will be fine with us" (the Kop)

The prince should sell up because of keeping tv money keeping season ticket money and keeping the payment from the premier league.
He wants a profit, however, he dunt want to buy players. he is not bothered because he can sit in his palace. counting the money that is not his but the club's money.
People may disagree. but it,s my humble opinion.

The prince should sell up because of keeping tv money keeping season ticket money and keeping the payment from the premier league.
He wants a profit, however, he dunt want to buy players. he is not bothered because he can sit in his palace. counting the money that is not his but the club's money.
People may disagree. but it,s my humble opinion.

That's not an opinion, that's just a load of bollocks.

If he's kept all the money, where did Berge, Ramsdale, McBurnie, Brewster, Robinson, Freeman, Mousset etc come from? And who paid the wages? And bought the ground? And paid the loan fees and loanees wages?

I am talking about this season in the championship, not the premier league. most of those players were bought the first season in the prem. by the way.
It is my opinion i.m entitled to. as you have the right to reply. please note I am not being funny with anyone.

This time next season the mighty owls 🦉 will have beaten us in the first derby of the season and be above us in the league !

Mind the fucking gap

That course is dependent on us stopping up :cool:

I bet there's more chance of you saying it again, than of McBurnie getting 6 goals before May.
There's more chance of me baring my balls in Woolworths than there is of that soft sock scoring 6 goals before he retires

The amount of flack Jack Robinson gets is shameful.

1. He only cost £500k
2. He's a back-up player
3. He's a back-up player being asked to play out of position
4. It's not his fault he's picked and that we don't have better options.
5. He's not been great, but not terrible either, and his great piece of skill against Everton last year got us a fantastic win that we should be grateful for.

The amount of flack Jack Robinson gets is shameful.

1. He only cost £500k
2. He's a back-up player
3. He's a back-up player being asked to play out of position
4. It's not his fault he's picked and that we don't have better options.
5. He's not been great, but not terrible either, and his great piece of skill against Everton last year got us a fantastic win that we should be grateful for.
That was my defence of him in the premier league. He was signed as a back up player. In this division he really should be doing better, he was signed as a back up premier league player not a poor back up for the championship.

Not necessarily one which is just SUFC related but almost every night match i read the phrase "Under the Lights" - Its become a really tired old cliché, overused for every night match which for some reason grinds my gears.

Home to QPR - "Under the Lights" don't miss it!
Home to Carlisle in Carabao - "Under the Lights"

Back
Top Bottom