Compared with last season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

2 wins and a draw from bettering 2007 but only 17 games left
2 hard games arsenal away man city home next any points from them an absolute bonus. But I don't rule out the possibility

We are 11 games ahead of that 2007 side who went down on goal difference

At last! United had gone 19 Premier League games in the capital without winning. (I’m not including Watford as being ‘in the capitaI’) but won at Crystal Palace on 1st February 2020. No more games in London for the rest of this season.
Arsenal - D (2020); Chelsea - D, West Ham - D, Spurs - D (2019); Charlton D, Chelsea - L (2007); West Ham - L, Arsenal - L, Fulham - L, Spurs - L (2006); Chelsea - L, Spurs - D, West Ham - D (1994); Arsenal - L, Wimbledon - L, QPR - L, Wimbledon - L, Arsenal - L(1993); Crystal Palace - L (1992). Our last win there was 2-1 at Chelsea on 31/10/1992 (Littlejohn, Deane).

1580583051853.png

Bournemouth next up (Jefferson Lerma - me neither - sent off today so will be missing for The Cherries).

Win next Sunday and we'll have more points than in our 2006-07 season with 12 games still to play.

Today was our first "double" of the season. And only our 4th ever in the Premier League. Others were Watford in 2006-07 and Everton and Chelsea in 1992-93 ( two wins last games of season got us those).

At last! United had gone 19 Premier League games in the capital without winning. (I’m not including Watford as being ‘in the capitaI’) but won at Crystal Palace on 1st February 2020. No more games in London for the rest of this season.
Arsenal - D (2020); Chelsea - D, West Ham - D, Spurs - D (2019); Charlton D, Chelsea - L (2007); West Ham - L, Arsenal - L, Fulham - L, Spurs - L (2006); Chelsea - L, Spurs - D, West Ham - D (1994); Arsenal - L, Wimbledon - L, QPR - L, Wimbledon - L, Arsenal - L(1993); Crystal Palace - L (1992). Our last win there was 2-1 at Chelsea on 31/10/1992 (Littlejohn, Deane).

View attachment 70380

Bournemouth next up (Jefferson Lerma - me neither - sent off today so will be missing for The Cherries).

Win next Sunday and we'll have more points than in our 2006-07 season with 12 games still to play.
Do we need 4th/5th targets instead of 06/07? We will definitely do better than our last PL season.

We also won all 4 games in London last season too. And of course we won there last week. Have we lost in London since that dismal game at Millwall in 17-18 season?

We also won all 4 games in London last season too. And of course we won there last week. Have we lost in London since that dismal game at Millwall in 17-18 season?

Obviously I meant in the Premier League. The 'dismal game at Millwall in 17-18 season' (?) was a 1-3 on 2/12/17. Since then, we lost at Fulham 0-3 on March 6th 2018, but we haven't lost in London since.

Not really. Depending on who wins the Cup(s) it could go down to seventh place. Too many intangibles.
But we know the prize for finishing 4th/5th and, incredibly, that’s what we’re competing for. We should have bettered 06/07 next weekend.

Hi bud. Tell you what would be good. Do a comparison with 74-75 and 91-92 season's with 74-5 converted to 3 points for a win.

Can't see any value in that. Not only was 1974-75 two points for a win, they played four more games (42) than now (38). Also, after finishing sixth in the 1974-75 season and 'just' missing out on Europe (?), we ended the following season rock-bottom, eleven points (+ GD) from safety.

Historical precedent can only go so far...

We got 28 points in the first round of fixtures. So far in 7 reverse fixtures we have taken 2 more points than the first game. So no sign yet that we won't end up with between 56 and 60 points

Will this season break our record of getting relegated every 13 years routinely since forever?

I did the premier league predictor and had us finishing on 58 points, and in 8th. It was very close though, and only a few points in it between 4th and us, so who knows..

Back
Top Bottom