Compared with last season...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Can't see any value in that. Not only was 1974-75 two points for a win, they played four more games (42) than now (38). Also, after finishing sixth in the 1974-75 season and 'just' missing out on Europe (?), we ended the following season rock-bottom, eleven points (+ GD) from safety.

Historical precedent can only go so far...

Ahh Grafikhaus....

The way to do it is by percentages so obviously after 21 games = 19 games. I know it is not exact, but that wasn't the reason I was asking....

Looking at the games to come 56pts seems a tad optimistic to me I think it will be more like 50-52pts hope I'm wrong but this is the time of season where squad size helps enormously. If we stay largely injury free then we could make 56pts but it is a tough ask.

Looking at the games to come 56pts seems a tad optimistic to me I think it will be more like 50-52pts hope I'm wrong but this is the time of season where squad size helps enormously. If we stay largely injury free then we could make 56pts but it is a tough ask.

I'd agree. I've 'parked' the Villa game towards the end of the season, but expect a 'fall off' from now on:

1582616473985.png
Teams like Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley & Villa will be fighting for their lives to avoid relegation and Man. U, Spurs, Chelsea etc. will be desperate for places in the CL. The 56 points is based on the aggregate so far. I expect nearer 46-48.

I'd agree. I've 'parked' the Villa game towards the end of the season, but expect a 'fall off' from now on:

View attachment 72375
Teams like Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley & Villa will be fighting for their lives to avoid relegation and Man. U, Spurs, Chelsea etc. will be desperate for places in the CL. The 56 points is based on the aggregate so far. I expect nearer 46-48.

I appreciate your predictions were made at the start of the season, but I'll be amazed if we only get 6-8 points from 11 matches between now and the end of the season. You have us beating Norwich then going on a 10 match winless run, I just don't see it.

There are some tough matches between now and the end of the season, but they are all winnable and I think we'll average at least point a match. I see us finishing on 51+ with 56 being very much a realistic total.

I thought I was pessimistic grafikhaus so unless you're hoping to be proven wrong I'd humbly suggest that you're being a bit down on our chances in the remaining games:

NORWICH W (was D)
Newcastle L
Man U L
SPURS D
Burnley D
WOLVES D
CHELSEA D
Leicester L
EVERTON D
Villa D (was L)
Southampton W

We've lost 7 games this season: 2 each against Man City and Liverpool and at home against Leicester (3rd), Southampton and Newcastle. Southampton have turned their season around after that ludicrous 0-9 defeat to Leicester but outside those two (Soton and Leicester) and Wolves I don't see any sides we should be afraid of. Chelsea, Man U and Spurs have below-average management, injury issues and over-confidence; Burnley are exactly the sort of side we enjoy playing against while Newcastle and Norwich are just awful albeit for very different reasons.

FWIW: I'd guess at another 19 points. Whether that will be enough for Europe remains to be seen.
NORWICH W
Newcastle D
Man U W
SPURS W
Burnley D
WOLVES L
CHELSEA W
Leicester L
EVERTON D
Villa W
Southampton D

Frustrated with 'only' a draw against Brighton? Disappointed? No. Now let's get to the 50 point mark. (The Villa game will change when they stop fucking about in the cup and get back to their - hopefully unsucessful - relegation battle).

I wonder if they're waiting for the FA Cup games before announcing the new Villa date? If we lose and Man U and Newcastle win, we could play Villa on Saturday March 21st

We've played 27 and have 40 points averaging 1.48 points a game keep that going we look set for 56 points mark, I've had a feeling along time now we'll get 62 don't know why let's see.

Spot on!

We were winning at half-time today. Some of you may have noticed. ;)

The last league game where we were winning at half-time and lost the game was on 1st Jan. 2014 v Walsall away. 1-0 up at HT (Chris Porter, 17), Walsall scored in 52 mins and 62 mins. to win 2-1.
Since then, it is 280 league games since that game (of which we were in front in 61 games).

Anyway, we're now on course for 58 points (I've 'parked' the Villa and Man. U. games until later in the season which will be re-arranged):

1583614196854.png

Another fun fact? At Newcastle next week, we'll hit over 1 million fans who have watched us in the PL this season (currently 976,468).

The last league game where we were winning at half-time and lost the game was on 1st Jan. 2014 v Walsall away. 1-0 up at HT (Chris Porter, 17), Walsall scored in 52 mins and 62 mins. to win 2-1.
Since then, it is 280 league games since that game (of which we were in front in 61 games).

Anyway, we're now on course for 58 points (I've 'parked' the Villa and Man. U. games until later in the season which will be re-arranged):

View attachment 73236

Another fun fact? At Newcastle next week, we'll hit over 1 million fans who have watched us in the PL this season (currently 976,468).

Where would 58 points ‘normally’ see us finish?

View attachment 73236

Statting hell, bravo.

View attachment 73236

I am sat at home writing maths resources. Do you mind if I use this as an example of a time series graph? It won't be the first time I have used Blades related stuff but I'm in South Northants so it isn't contriversial.

I did the premier league predictor and had us finishing on 58 points, and in 8th. It was very close though, and only a few points in it between 4th and us, so who knows..

Right, the times and dates for our remaining League fixtures are out and I can finally continue this thread. Based entirely on my own thoughts (I think Chelsea and Man. U. will finish strongly to secure essential European spots, while Burnley and Southampton will 'have the flip-flops on') I predict another eight points to add to our current 43 = a final total of 51. (The Projected 58 points on the graph is as it stands, based on our results so far). Not bad at all for our first season back when most of the 'experts' had us down for relegation pre-season. Enough for Europe? Probably not but I think that would be a step too soon, as it was for Burnley a couple of years ago. Obviously, opinions on here will vary (I've talked to several people who are convinced we'll win at Villa, but they'll be fighting for their lives) but none of my predictions have been made retrospectively and adjusted accordingly, just gut-feeling and knowledge of the game without blind optimism/pessimism.

I don't think I've done too bad so far?

So let's 'manage expectations' and don't get too far ahead of ourselves. Whatever happens, this has been a phenominal season where we've stood toe-to-to with all the 'big boys' except Liverpool. We could/should have got something at Man. City and Spurs, remember.

Anyway, UTB and let's get back to fucking normal.

1591696686190.png

Love this thread, particularly enjoy seeing the graphical representation of how much we’ve progressed under Wilder.

I respectfully disagree with your prediction that we will only take 8 points from our remaining 10 games.

Right, the times and dates for our remaining League fixtures are out and I can finally continue this thread. Based entirely on my own thoughts (I think Chelsea and Man. U. will finish strongly to secure essential European spots, while Burnley and Southampton will 'have the flip-flops on') I predict another eight points to add to our current 43 = a final total of 51. (The Projected 58 points on the graph is as it stands, based on our results so far). Not bad at all for our first season back when most of the 'experts' had us down for relegation pre-season. Enough for Europe? Probably not but I think that would be a step too soon, as it was for Burnley a couple of years ago. Obviously, opinions on here will vary (I've talked to several people who are convinced we'll win at Villa, but they'll be fighting for their lives) but none of my predictions have been made retrospectively and adjusted accordingly, just gut-feeling and knowledge of the game without blind optimism/pessimism.

I don't think I've done too bad so far?

So let's 'manage expectations' and don't get too far ahead of ourselves. Whatever happens, this has been a phenominal season where we've stood toe-to-to with all the 'big boys' except Liverpool. We could/should have got something at Man. City and Spurs, remember.

Anyway, UTB and let's get back to fucking normal.

View attachment 82313

So you don't think we'll win another match this season? 😲

Love this thread, particularly enjoy seeing the graphical representation of how much we’ve progressed under Wilder.

I respectfully disagree with your prediction that we will only take 8 points from our remaining 10 games.

You mean this one...

1591706641371.png

...where we were 62nd in the league pyramid after CWs fourth game and have been 5th on two occasions? Could Guardiola or Klopp done that, with or without the money? Of course not.

As I say, just my opinions and predictions. If I knew how these things panned out, I'd be off spending my winnings! :)

My original and up-to-date Microsoft Office Excel 2013 file ('compared to last season' - Under the 'Wilder's Progress' tab at the bottom.)

Beats making foccacia and doing zumba with a can of fruit in each hand... 😂

Attachments

• compared to last season.xlsx
    223.3 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom