CLUB PORTFOLIO FURTHER ENHANCED

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pop up crematorium help ?
This is actually a great idea - long term steady income... How many people consider getting sprinkled on the pitch?! I bet at least half the fanbase have at least joked about it!

This is actually a great idea - long term steady income... How many people consider getting sprinkled on the pitch?! I bet at least half the fanbase have at least joked about it!

With their ashes being returned home in a dumper truck ?

Small beer in terms of cost but of strategic value which is good.

I think the statement slightly overplays what is a drop in the ocean in terms of the Premier League monies. ;)
I bet McCabe held on for a good price out of spite so it won't have been insignificant - no one could force him to sell (unlike when he was selling our players)

I think it's more likely that McCabe has become more realistic with his view of what they are worth, given no one wants them, and building anything on them makes no commercial sense. It seem we just waited him out and concluded a mutually acceptable deal. A sensible purchase but I don't actually think it was a massive barrier to future progression.
Oh it was a mental barrier , a spiteful reminder of yesterday's man , fuck me , those signs about SCARBOROUGH NEW DEVELOPMENT plastered all over it just to get up our noses - so glad all reminders of him are gone.
I don't care what we do with the parcels , I'm well chuffed.

The club said the current plans were not impacted in any way with regards to that bit of land.

The future? He wants out. It's just tiding up a cluttered desk. It's not something to get that excited over!
Him getting out is something to get VERY excited about (when it happens of course)

Yes this news balances out the embarrassing season we've had, the money we have wasted on signing shit and crocks, a blind goalkeeper and employing a gaffer that is like a bloke from a WMC.

Reminds me of that episode of OFAH where Del lays his hand on a nuclear shelter.

You can imagine princeh walking out back of kop with Chriseh in his Kappa trackies pointing to the rubble saying look what I've bought.

Jesus wept

Pretty sure it was sold through a receiver,as the company that owned it was in liquidation ,could be wrong
Can't quite understand this , a moneybags McCabe company being dissolved in such a way that he loses control of the disposal of its assets ?

Can't quite understand this , a moneybags McCabe company being dissolved in such a way that he loses control of the disposal of its assets ?

Creditors owed decidedly more than the value of the only assets, two plots of land in the footprint of a football stadium?

It’s not rocket sci….err, Engineering.

Creditors owed decidedly more than the value of the only assets, two plots of land in the footprint of a football stadium?

It’s not rocket sci….err, Engineering.
Yeh , but I'm surprised he's let this particular company fail when it's the one which owned the 2 flies in the Prince's ointment - once the company was faltering , surely he could sub it or even get another if his companies to buy the flies and keep control of them

Yeh , but I'm surprised he's let this particular company fail when it's the one which owned the 2 flies in the Prince's ointment - once the company was faltering , surely he could sub it or even get another if his companies to buy the flies and keep control of them
What can he do with them?

What can he do with them?
Irritate the Prince , be a niggling thorn in our side , a constant reminder of all the infighting , never letting bygones be bygones - you know how McCabe can be sometimes
Anyway , it seems he's finally let go .. good for us and good for his mental health

This definitely helps remove complications from a sale point of view. Imagine looking to buy a club and random bits of land needed to help expansion are owned by a disgruntled ex owner. Not the best start to negotiations.

As for the idea of a fan park, I love the part of the pregame build up in a pub or 2. I know we want money going into the club but I would also hate to see it be taken away from pubs that art part of our community too.

We also aren't really getting the volume of tourist fans who might not go to a local pub, to justify that!

Irritate the Prince , be a niggling thorn in our side , a constant reminder of all the infighting , never letting bygones be bygones - you know how McCabe can be sometimes
Anyway , it seems he's finally let go .. good for us and good for his mental health
Maybe he's not the big bad guy some want to paint him as?

Maybe he's not the big bad guy some want to paint him as?

I used to work with a Wednesday fan and she lived a few doors away from the McCabe's when they were kids just off Shoreham Street.

Obviously she doesn't like Sheff Utd but she said McCabe was a really nice and likeable when young. She always confirms he was a big blade as a boy.
She always speaks highly of McCabe as a person (based on his childhood). She said she knew his parents too and she were also exceptionally nice.

Last edited:
This definitely helps remove complications from a sale point of view. Imagine looking to buy a club and random bits of land needed to help expansion are owned by a disgruntled ex owner. Not the best start to negotiations.

As for the idea of a fan park, I love the part of the pregame build up in a pub or 2. I know we want money going into the club but I would also hate to see it be taken away from pubs that art part of our community too.

We also aren't really getting the volume of tourist fans who might not go to a local pub, to justify that!

Agree....I reckon the US firm that are trying to market and sell SUFC have had an hand in this.
Any US billionaire will be interested in business opportunities, investment and expansion.
if they are told we own the ground and surrounding area......apart from 2 little corner bits, then it's off-putting.

At least now we're easier to market from a business point of view.

the 2 corners both hold the magnificent catering facilities the Lane has

If we can get them a Michelin star we could make a fortune

I used to work with a Wednesday fan and she lived a few doors away from the McCabe's when they were kids just off Shoreham Street.

Obviously she doesn't like Sheff Utd but she said McCabe was a really nice and likeable when young. She always confirms he was a big blade as a boy.
She always speaks highly of McCabe as a person (based on his childhood). She said she knew his parents too and she were also exceptionally nice.
Did she know a bigger Blade than Kev?!

In the past, I have blamed the Prince for not pushing the boat out and buying the parcels of land. (Rather than blaming McCabe for not selling them).

So, I view this as a really positive move by the Prince.
Absolutely 👍And arguably smooths the way forward for potential new owners without those obstacles🤔

Be absolutely under no illusion, this deal has been done purely for the benefit of the owner, not the club

Back
Top Bottom