CLUB PORTFOLIO FURTHER ENHANCED

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I never got the people who were worked up at us not having them. Unless something completely unexpected happens it's not a major plot of land and had no impact on expanding the kop etc
It would matter to potential buyers though - if those plots belonged to someone else.

Is the long term l plan still to rotate the stadium, there was a planning application posted on here a while back ?

Is the long term l plan still to rotate the stadium, there was a planning application posted on here a while back ?
I've always said this should have happened years ago, before the SS was built. Sadly it'll never happen. Spurs did it but they're finances are in a different stratosphere to ours.

The two bits of land the club has purchased is where the local stray dogs go for a piss.

A fan park with decent food and drink as well as decent prices would do very well imo.

Just don't employ the current catering mob to do it ffs

Do well? More likely empty throughout the winter. See the Rustbucket effort.

As others have said it's more likely to be getting ducks in order rather than any medium or long term plans. Danny hall thinks a fan park could be put there but that's hardly a major money spinner
Ducks in order for the new owner to build a …………

View attachment 182524

Did this a while back when the news about the corners first surfaced. Always good to dig up a what-if.

It's possible to do it but would the ground actually be bigger by much? It would still but quite close to the roads of Bramall Lane and John Street in terms of what could be built.

It's possible to do it but would the ground actually be bigger by much? It would still but quite close to the roads of Bramall Lane and John Street in terms of what could be built.
More than big enough. In that view, the South Stand runs along Bramall Lane. The current SS is deep, maybe twice that of the current BL stand, so clearly there'd be room to gain 1000's in capacity. Also, I allowed in that version to avoid the then McCabe corners. No need to do that now so you could position even more favourably within the site footprint. One of the main considerations, for legacy, would be the amount the new pitch overlaps the old. I quite like the idea of maintaining as much of the old 'footprint' as possible. I believe that at the Spurs ground the Centre Spot is in the same place and the old stadium.

Not read the whole thread, but did we already own the parking down the banking from the kop? I thought that was a McCabe bit??

I was disappointed to see that the historical plaques on the Cherry Street boundary have been removed.

I can recall my late Father mentioning that there was an application put in to expand the ground with an athletic track around the pitch/ ground but was kicked out by the then council probably around the early 70's?

In the past, I have blamed the Prince for not pushing the boat out and buying the parcels of land. (Rather than blaming McCabe for not selling them).

So, I view this as a really positive move by the Prince.

Though has he bought the two plots ( paid cash) or extended the loan (mortgage) with the bank in Australia ?

Given our struggle to build a team able to compete at the top level I don't see us redeveloping the ground anytime soon.

Unless that elusive multi billionaire appears.

I can recall my late Father mentioning that there was an application put in to expand the ground with an athletic track around the pitch/ ground but was kicked out by the then council probably around the early 70's?
No it was later, think early 80’s. Reg Brealey made the application which which was turned down by the then Wednesday heavily biased council. He appealed the decision but lost. The appeal was heard in the town hall and I attended as a spectator in the gallery for some of it. I remember feeling very unimpressed with United’s representatives.

It was to be called the Bramall Centre instead of Bramall Lane and I remember thinking the plans looked very impressive at the time, including a curved Kop.

edit: as in photo above supplied by ‘Harry’s Game’

Back
Top Bottom