CLUB PORTFOLIO FURTHER ENHANCED

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

This (El Accounto) response re a question about potential new ownership, suggests that land purchases will help attract someone:

1714046675108.png

Paid just enough for McCabe to give him back, when he re-purchases the club in June.
I think it's more likely that McCabe has become more realistic with his view of what they are worth, given no one wants them, and building anything on them makes no commercial sense. It seem we just waited him out and concluded a mutually acceptable deal. A sensible purchase but I don't actually think it was a massive barrier to future progression.

So, imagine the meltdown if we'd just sold off those bits of land?
I never got the people who were worked up at us not having them. Unless something completely unexpected happens it's not a major plot of land and had no impact on expanding the kop etc

The Kop site lands being back in possession of the club is good news for a prospective sale. All parts Bramall Lane are now within the sale portfolio. KM renaged on a deal to sell them back in March 2020 as explained in the clubs statement attached.

The fact Cutlers Holdings assets were in the hands of Liquidators has meant that a sale was now possible. I suspect SUFC have acquired these assets for less than the money that was being asked for in 2020. Good result and brings to an end the McCabe family association with all things SUFC.

Whatever was coming soon from Scarborough Group never materialised. The awful blue placards can now be removed and consigned to the dustbin.

As others have said it's more likely to be getting ducks in order rather than any medium or long term plans. Danny hall thinks a fan park could be put there but that's hardly a major money spinner

"In terms of the long-term plans, there are many possibilities available to us and conversations will take place shortly to decide how we best utilise this exciting opportunity to further develop the ground”

That bit says discussions to take place shortly about further developing the ground. I might be reading too much into it but that sounds like its the actual stadium they’re talking about and ”conversations shortly” sounds like it’s not something they want to hang around with.

Hope so anyway, would love to see the Kop rebuilt.

"In terms of the long-term plans, there are many possibilities available to us and conversations will take place shortly to decide how we best utilise this exciting opportunity to further develop the ground”

That bit says discussions to take place shortly about further developing the ground. I might be reading too much into it but that sounds like its the actual stadium they’re talking about and ”conversations shortly” sounds like it’s not something they want to hang around with.

Hope so anyway, would love to see the Kop rebuilt.

I can’t see any large scale developments of the ground any time soon given we’ve been relatively brassic with the Prem munneh.

And I have already requested (in some consultation) SuperTram is extended to the airport and further, through Rotherham Mexborough and Donny.
Funny that, I was just saying the other day how brilliant that would be. Not least because I live on the route and being able to jump on the tram to Donny airport would be fantastic 😉

In the past, I have blamed the Prince for not pushing the boat out and buying the parcels of land. (Rather than blaming McCabe for not selling them).

So, I view this as a really positive move by the Prince.

Making the right moves off the field. I do think he is getting the clubs property assets in place to make it more appealing for a buyer.

It all makes sense because if I was buying the club I wouldn't want to be negotiating with McWobbleGob over plots of land that the club should already own.

Great news and much more important than signing fly by night footballers and things of a transient nature. I wonder if it indicates a softening of relations between the Prince and McCabe or something else entirely.

Has the Prince paid for them, or have we as a club purchased them by way of a loan?

This is a positive, most football clubs are now developing the land around the stadium and investing in the local infrastructure. It helps to boost the income which avoids potential penalties through FFP its how Man City have got away with it. Only problem is at current investment levels in the squad we'll be no where near breaking the rules 🤣

Has the Prince paid for them, or have we as a club purchased them by way of a loan?

Just got to sell Anel and Souza for it

If we release Egan Baldock and Basham we can get man frydays!

May the 4th be with them.

That's the day dog fiddling forest fans will run past the corner blocks and headbutt them for no reason, thus rendering them worthless.

Prince out!

It's good news but it's hardly something to get excited about!
It is if it helps to attract investment/new owners. It is if it enables the ground to be improved, without obstruction from McCabe. It is if it shows the board are actually interested in the future.

It is if it helps to attract investment/new owners. It is if it enables the ground to be improved, without obstruction from McCabe. It is if it shows the board are actually interested in the future.
The club said the current plans were not impacted in any way with regards to that bit of land.

The future? He wants out. It's just tiding up a cluttered desk. It's not something to get that excited over!

The club said the current plans were not impacted in any way with regards to that bit of land.

The future? He wants out. It's just tiding up a cluttered desk. It's not something to get that excited over!
Of course plans would be impacted by not owning land. That's the club putting a positive spin on things. The future can be greatly impacted by the things you do now. Occasionally, our club gets it right.

You have got to think that the advisers recently taken on, (can't remember who they were?) have recommended getting the club "fitter" for sale so obtain a site for a Cat 1 Academy, (tick) get the Hotel open again, (tick) and own every square inch of the site, (tick).

Just got to try and convince Tui that Donny airport is viable now.....
TUI have said they want to operate out of Donny when it reopens.

Disagree. Those two areas of land are crucial to the future development of the ground.
It will not be this year nor next but the opportunity is now there for the future.
Te possibility remains to commercially develop the Cherry Street corner to produce capital and or income.
Sounds promising - but i might not have long to go in life so can they hurry up a bit

The Kop site lands being back in possession of the club is good news for a prospective sale. All parts Bramall Lane are now within the sale portfolio. KM renaged on a deal to sell them back in March 2020 as explained in the clubs statement attached.

The fact Cutlers Holdings assets were in the hands of Liquidators has meant that a sale was now possible. I suspect SUFC have acquired these assets for less than the money that was being asked for in 2020. Good result and brings to an end the McCabe family association with all things SUFC.

Whatever was coming soon from Scarborough Group never materialised. The awful blue placards can now be removed and consigned to the dustbin.
Let's hope we can charge him for the removal of the placards 👍

As others have said it's more likely to be getting ducks in order rather than any medium or long term plans. Danny hall thinks a fan park could be put there but that's hardly a major money spinner
A fan park with decent food and drink as well as decent prices would do very well imo.

Just don't employ the current catering mob to do it ffs

Back
Top Bottom