Chesterfield takeover

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Living in Chesterfield, I have only just about forgiven them for Alan Bastard Birch etc...
I don't want them to go down though.
I know a fair few Spirites, they hate the Pigs much more than us and as someone already mentioned, most support Man U, Liverpool or Everton as well.

Living in Chesterfield, I have only just about forgiven them for Alan Bastard Birch etc...
I don't want them to go down though.
I know a fair few Spirites, they hate the Pigs much more than us and as someone already mentioned, most support Man U, Liverpool or Everton as well.
I live in Dronfield and used to work in Chesterfield. My experience is that a lot of them support Man U, Liverpool and Leeds. When I went to watch them at Saltergate once there was a loud cheer/groan at half-time when they read those teams' scores out over the tannoy.
I never encountered any real animosity towards SUFC at all - my experience was that they hated Mansfield far more.

Jack Lester was a naive choice imho, probably driven by money despite his work so far.

Another case of a club being strangled by the bloke who initially looked like he was taking them into uncharted terrorist, and built a new ground.

I live in Dronfield and used to work in Chesterfield. My experience is that a lot of them support Man U, Liverpool and Leeds. When I went to watch them at Saltergate once there was a loud cheer/groan at half-time when they read those teams' scores out over the tannoy.
I never encountered any real animosity towards SUFC at all - my experience was that they hated Mansfield far more.

They certainly do hate the Stags more, the real fans anyway.

That derby carries more animosity than our games against them.

I have nothing buy sympathy for them. It's always sad to see a decent sized team being mismanaged to this extent (apart from when it happens to Leeds, that's fucking hilarious ). Awful owners can cost a club everything, and the end of it all it's the loyal fans left picking up the bill. Chesterfield are a decent sized club who are always a decent 14th tier club if not a 3rd tier one. Not too long ago they were close to promotion to the championship, now they're in non-league. I just can't rejoice in that, despite their dislike of us. I hope they solve the ownership issues and bounce back .

Chesterfield are a decent sized club who are always a decent 14th tier club if not a 3rd tier one.

I know they're not very good, but they're a little better than the Chesterfield and District League ;)

I live in chesterfield and work right next to the ground. Obviously I don’t want to see them go into non league football but as others have said above, i’ve no strong feelings either way. Find some of the hate and vitriol in this thread bizarre. There’s only been one season in my lifetime where they had anything to do with us and that was the one with Paul Cook in league 1. So I don’t see what the problem is.

I’m sure there’s plenty on here who hate Liverpool or Man U but do you think those fans ever give us a second thought. Its embarrassing to be honest.

Many years ago I did once take the girlfriend to Chesterfield, she did eventually recover and later married me. She did enjoy Bakewell, and the several shops that claim to be selling the original Bakewell tarts.
Only footballing memory of Chesterfield was when we lost there under Harry Haslam, disliked them ever since.

Only footballing memory of Chesterfield was when we lost there under Harry Haslam, disliked them ever since.

If losing to teams under Happy Harry is your yardstick, then there are plenty of others to hate too.

Iba de dibby do....

Real shame to see Chezzer drop. They give it loads to the Sheffield club, but their number one rival is Mansfield. Got a lot of time for them.

Cracking video on the Town

I like the part about great rail connections to London and then shows a train not stopping at the station :D
If it wasn't for its nearness to Sheffield and funny church Chessie would be just yet another of those anonymous Midlands small that seem to blight the area as far south as Redditch.

I work just over the border in sheepbridge.
There's a mixture of around 10 blades,3pigs,1 Liverpool supporters. Plus 15 or so chesterfield fans.
The 15 or so chesterfield fans who are not that much further developed from ape,also support man utd.

Back
Top Bottom