Changing the System

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

robbiez666

Reaction score
It's easy to get carried away (I know I do) but I think we need to take a step back a little here. I posted this elsewhere but changing the system or personnel isn't that simple at this stage.

We have a team built and trained for 4 years to play one way. All throughout the club. Game after game after game.

If Heck tried to play 4-4-2 and we got hammered 7-0, which we probably would (with Jags and fuck knows at CB), then he'd be getting pelters on here.

I'm not sure what he's meant to do. He's here to steer the club to the end of the season. He doesn't want the job. If he makes a lot of changes he pisses of players he has to see next season. If he changes it a lot and we start getting hammered would he still have a U-23s job?

He has 3 midfielders to pick from and anyone else would be shoehorning a player into a position they can't pay.

He plays the kids in this team and in this atmosphere of defeat then he potentially damages them going forward. And again, if he played some kids and we got hammered then he'd get pelters on here again.

It's not like he's had the chance to work with them. Half have been away on international duty so how can you change the system without them there? So, he's had them for about 10 days of training, tops? All together. I really don't think we have the quality of players to suddenly make changes. They're drilled to their role and all off form.

He doesn’t have three midfielders he has Norwood and fleck. but Osborne and Bogle could come in to that making 4.

I don't get this idea that U-23s coming into the side could be "damaged" in some unspecified way. Bogle is 20. When do we ever play the young players coming through? If we send them out on loan they're not with us and they're finding their level, if they keep winning their League as they are now other clubs spot them and take them off us, then if we keep them, when they get to 23 and 24 the usual comment is "if he hasn't broken through by now he can't be good enough". The poor sods can't win.

They are assets of the club. Use them. You never know they might actually give a shit and be better than Lunny. Just a thought.

He doesn’t have three midfielders he has Norwood and fleck. but Osborne and Bogle could come in to that making 4.

Its what a lot of people would like to see. So why cant the coaching staff. Ok if it fails fine but nows the time to experiment with nothing to lose. Dont get why they still go with same old same old in Midfield.

Fleck's offered nothing for a long time. Ponderous in possession and treads treacle. Good job he didn't decide to run his contract down.

Back
Top Bottom