Player Suggestion Championship players you'd buy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Don’t see any problem us spending 30/40 million wow

But aslong as we sign young players who we can sell on again

Henderson, Lowton, Jonny Evans, Ezri Konsa, Ryan Woods, Aaron Mooy, Jarrod Bowen, Dan James, Shinji Okazaki, Joe Allen, Neal Maupay, Charlie Austin

First thing Wilder should look for is pace because we definitely need pace for Premier League.

From memory we’ve only had the double done over us by 1 team this year, Swansea. They have very fast wingers. Will be a big test to see if we can bring in/ change our system slightly to help us defend against fast premier league teams.

From memory we’ve only had the double done over us by 1 team this year, Swansea. They have very fast wingers. Will be a big test to see if we can bring in/ change our system slightly to help us defend against fast premier league teams.
Bristol City

Gayle would be a cracking signing.

Abraham would be great if we could get him on loan, but I suspect he'll end up going to someone like Wolves or Everton for about £35m.

Championship scorers with the best minutes per goal ratio:
  1. Gayle (120 mins per goal)
  2. Abraham (126)
  3. Sharp (128)
  4. Pukki (133)
  5. Maupay (151)
  6. McBurnie (154)
  7. Robinson (165)
  8. Adams (166)
  9. Grabban (166)
  10. Roofe (167)

Many of the suggestions are good for top championship players but the PL players need to be bigger and athletic. Maupey fine but having other average sized players as well (eg Wood from Stoke) could leave us physically wanting.
Mingus, hector, mcburnie etc are the size and type we need

Tried to balance young/potentially strong resale value with quality. INs would be:

Sam Johnstone (GK)
Henderson (season loan)
Alberto Moreno (LWB)
Tim Fosu-Mensah (RWB)
Stefan Johansen (CM)
Muhamed Besic (CM)
Maupay (ST)
Ademola Lookman (ST)

OUTs:
Simon Moore (loan)
Loans x 4 (Madine, Hogan, Dowell, M. Johnson)
Lundstram (loan)
Jake Wright
Keiron Freeman
Heneghan
Lafferty
Carruthers
Holmes
Thomas
Leon
Evans
Lavery

Anyone think Andreas Weimann from Bristol City is a decent shout? Ok, it was largely based on how he played against us but he's played in the PL before and did reasonably well for Villa and has had a decent season for Bristol. He wouldn't cost the earth and at 27 is coming into his prime.

Anyone think Andreas Weimann from Bristol City is a decent shout? Ok, it was largely based on how he played against us but he's played in the PL before and did reasonably well for Villa and has had a decent season for Bristol. He wouldn't cost the earth and at 27 is coming into his prime.

Would he be decent in Prem though? I seen him when he was at Villa in Prem and he wasn't that good

Would he be decent in Prem though? I seen him when he was at Villa in Prem and he wasn't that good

Difficult to say but he was young when he was at Villa and he isn't an out and out forward, he's played on the wing for much of his career but he's a clever footballer, decent in the air and can score a few goals, but I am not suggesting that he would be the main forward we need but if we spend big on someone like McBurnie, who I think would be class, Weimann would be an affordable player to come in up there too.

Good evening guys,
First of all huge congratulations on a well deserved promotion you’ve played some of the most entertaining football I’ve seen for a while in the championship.
Having had a quick read through this thread and looking at championship players who might interest you,a few from my club who are likely to leave.
Aaron Mooy-An absolutely class footballer in every aspect,probably the best player I’ve seen at HTFC in 40 years.Great passer,calm as they come,very rarely loses possession and a decent guy off the pitch.However we will probably want between £12-15 million.
Phillip Billing-Physically imposing at 6’6,Superb shot on him,great long passer,and long throws.Can look lazy and attitude has been questioned,currently dropped due to said attitude.But still young with lots of potential.Around same price as Mooy.
Terrence Kongolo-Without a doubt premier league quality,strong,quick,great left foot,can play CB or LB .Would be expensive as we paid £17m for him but imo worth it.
Karlan Grant-Already top scorer (doesn’t say much) but looks at home in the premier league.Quick,strong,confident and always looks to go forward.Only signed in January for £2 million so we need to hang onto him.
And that’s about it I’m afraid,the reason we’re going down is we bought too many who aren’t up to it.
Anyway good luck for next season,enjoy it,and congratulations once again.

There are plenty that could make the step up imo.

Matty Cash
Che Adams
Tyler Roberts
Todd Kane
Ollie Watkins
Rico Henry
Gareth Barry (been there, done it, got t-shirt).
Daniel James - 12mil was the price in jan.
Adam Webster - both footed cb
Diedhiuo
Martins Indi - lefty, would be good cover/competition for jack
Joe Allen

Theres 3/4 League ones lads that are very stand out too
Naby Sarr
Jamal Lowe
Matt Clarke

Good evening guys,
First of all huge congratulations on a well deserved promotion you’ve played some of the most entertaining football I’ve seen for a while in the championship.
Having had a quick read through this thread and looking at championship players who might interest you,a few from my club who are likely to leave.
Aaron Mooy-An absolutely class footballer in every aspect,probably the best player I’ve seen at HTFC in 40 years.Great passer,calm as they come,very rarely loses possession and a decent guy off the pitch.However we will probably want between £12-15 million.
Phillip Billing-Physically imposing at 6’6,Superb shot on him,great long passer,and long throws.Can look lazy and attitude has been questioned,currently dropped due to said attitude.But still young with lots of potential.Around same price as Mooy.
Terrence Kongolo-Without a doubt premier league quality,strong,quick,great left foot,can play CB or LB .Would be expensive as we paid £17m for him but imo worth it.
Karlan Grant-Already top scorer (doesn’t say much) but looks at home in the premier league.Quick,strong,confident and always looks to go forward.Only signed in January for £2 million so we need to hang onto him.
And that’s about it I’m afraid,the reason we’re going down is we bought too many who aren’t up to it.
Would love for us to sign Mooy, think he would fit right in with our group too. Grant would be a good shout too, seems to have done very well for you guys based on the few times I've seen him on MOTD and would seemingly fit our player profile. All the best for next season and do them double over the pigs please :)

Good evening guys,

What’s the lad Pritchard like? Always thought he was a decent player. A bit Duffy-esque.

Unfortunately too many of these suggestions would be 15-20m players and I don't see us spending that much - nor want us to. At PL level it's going to be difficult for us to repeat our successes unearthing British gems, and I'd love to see our scouting network looking a bit further afield.

It’s worked incredible so far.

First thing Wilder should look for is pace because we definitely need pace for Premier League.

We needed pace in the league one we didn’t have it got promoted.

We need pace in championship. We went with Mcgoldrick / Sharp.

The players in the prem who are decent with pace are worth 30m+

Maupay would be a fair way down my list of Brentford players.

I just watched their highlights v Preston and their young midfielder Josh Dasilva really caught my eye. Only a glimpse but he looks to have the full package.

Two players who are technically premier league players but have been on loan in Championship this year

I would definitely go for Reece James at Wigan/Chelsea and Tyrone Mings at Villa/Bournemouth

Mings looks good, I was impressed with Weimanns movement against us for Bristol City, has pedegree with Villa/Wolves and Derby as well.

Bet Wilder sits the lads down and asks who were the toughest opponents this year, who gave you the hardest time?

It’s a tough one. Let’s say we return/release 7-8 players then we might be looking at a £30m budget. We could bring in 4-5 players at a few million a pop, but at PL level you really are in unknown territory as to whether you unearth a gem. Or we could go big on a couple of marquee signings - I’d be looking at 2 from James/Bowen and/or Maupay/Adams. The risk is this could leave the squad exposed unless we’ve inventive with the remaining budget and loan market.

If you compare say Crystal Palace with Cardiff or Huddersfield, Palace have survived comfortably largely on their forward line. It’s rapid and they can all finish. And rumour is they are quids in on selling some of them this summer.

Doing a “low-budget” Fulham and bloating the squat with 7-8 new players isn’t the way to go for me. A couple of “statement of intent” signings with a couple of punts might be our best chance.

Back
Top Bottom