Can’t help but feel for Khadra…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I think he will be more disappointed that he didn't get on instead of McAtee, even if it was only a couple of minutes

You could argue that both Brewster and Khadra stake a claim for a start after Swansea, but it's a brave manager that play both of them.

True to form, Brewster didn't seem to grasp the nettle.

What inside knowledge do you have of the agreement? Is there a minimal appearance clause if so it’s not been mentioned and he’s played in 5 from 10. What are you claiming the clause is set to? 75% 80% 90%?
He also was never going to come on for McBurnie as we needed that more physical player. He’ll get his chance but he needs others form to drop off and currently that not happening.
Mcatee is in the same boat and they’ll understand the need to be patient.
No insider knowledge. But I'd guess it would be at least over half the games. Maybe 30. But injuries can always get in the way - in that case even it was 20 we could struggle to meet that. Which is another reason to give him the appearances when appropriate, if we think there's a good chance we'll want to sign him permanently

I trust Hecky to do the right thing in managing him, he'll know what Brighton expect and also how the player is feeling more than we do. Obviously feel a bit sorry for him, but at the end of the day his position is taken by a currently untouchable NDiaye, who we actually own.

It was 10.mins. I think Hecky felt the game was safe enough and wanted to give Sharp some minutes, rather than tactical or related to Sharps status. Khadra has actually kept the ball pretty well when he come on this season,.not been the hit and miss player as at Blackburn.

Don’t want to detract from another quality win and another huge leap forward, but I can’t help but feel for the lad.

He comes on late midweek and scores, bagging us all three points in an otherwise frustrating fixture. He then spends the whole today sat in the stands……

Just seen the expression on his face as Billy stands poised to come on as sub…I get he’s the goat, our captain, our hero and all that. But at 2-0 up, does he deserve to walk on that pitch over Khadra??

I know this decision will be supported by Billy’s ability to hold up play in the final third and all that….but Hecky always talks about winning the shirt?? Billy’s done nowt to warrant that over Khadra…. Can’t be good for the lads morale??
Strange to question it when the manager got it right.

Add McAtee to the list of players disappointed that they're not playing regularly, but it's a squad game and their time will come as both are clearly very talented footballers

No insider knowledge. But I'd guess it would be at least over half the games. Maybe 30. But injuries can always get in the way - in that case even it was 20 we could struggle to meet that. Which is another reason to give him the appearances when appropriate, if we think there's a good chance we'll want to sign him permanently
So there’s unlikely to be one as they aren’t common?
Unless you’re saying there is one but Hecky isn’t making an effort reach the quota? He’s not going to deliberately miss it if it exists and he wants the player.
It’s just pearl clutching without any just cause.

So there’s unlikely to be one as they aren’t common?
Unless you’re saying there is one but Hecky isn’t making an effort reach the quota? He’s not going to deliberately miss it if it exists and he wants the player.
It’s just pearl clutching without any just cause.
It was reported as requiring a minimum number of apps and promotion to trigger the permanent

He won't deliberately miss the number if he's keen on him but again, what if he gets injured for 3 months and we end up powerless. Could then regret wasting freebie opportunities to get him on the pitch

I'll be pinchy.

This isn't junior computer manager, where if you don't start your loan player his morale indicator goes down.

It's a long old season. All the squad will play their part, get injured, play out of position, lose games.

If khadra or Mcatee don't want to be part of a squad battling for promotion at the top of the championship, then they are indeed welcome to fuck off somewhere else to get more game time if they wish.

It was reported as requiring a minimum number of apps and promotion to trigger the permanent

He won't deliberately miss the number if he's keen on him but again, what if he gets injured for 3 months and we end up powerless. Could then regret wasting freebie opportunities to get him on the pitch
I don’t recall the number of games at all. Do you happen to have a link?

If he gets injured and it’s a high percentage of games that’s he’s got to play then he’s going to miss it anyway.

I don’t recall the number of games at all. Do you happen to have a link?

If he gets injured and it’s a high percentage of games that’s he’s got to play then he’s going to miss it anyway.
I assume it'll be in the Khadra thread, think it was a Hemmingham tweet or something

why would you bring on a player who, on his last appearance, scored and made a great chance but otherwise was shockingly bad? I can see the logic bringing him on if we need a goal, but his ball retention and tackling are terrible. I'm far from convinced about McAtee coming on but he at least attempts to stand in a defensive position. I'd have been tempted to bring Brooks on instead.

People seem to forget when we played Preston last season.

Feel more for Doyle that reda. Done really well last few matches but is then dropped for a tactical rejig.

Bit he was professional, took it on the chin, and did his job when he came on brilliantly. A true professional and for me the best of our loan players so far.

I suspect that the Khadra deal was written with clauses to favour United.
Brighton wanted the deal and so did we. Hence the win promotion to buy clause!
By inserting a number of appearances, it protects us from renting a player who could turn out to be a biff? (The number wasn’t specified in the announcement as far as I can recall).

A number of players have shown potential this season, and Khadra is just one of them. The performance potential, and the strength of our bench is a major concern for the opposition, but meeting any agreed targets for loan players is a PH problem.

If Khadra wants to stay and be a part of a very spirited dressing room, the onus is on him to make himself undroppable. Heck, Mac and Jack form a pretty good management team for this purpose.
I would not want to be PH right now. Some tough decisions to make. I think he would be happy to be where he is, rather than in the chasing pack. Remember we still have a few defenders to integrate, when they come back from injury!

Not all our previous loans work as well as MGW did. It makes sense to build in some protection for us. Whoever negotiated Khadra’s contract should probably get a bonus if we do go up?

Start a thread. Ask everyone. Stop at absolutely nothing to find others who saw it

If I have imagined it I promise I'll get myself sectioned
Or we can just all assume it was ever there as only one person seems to recall it? 🤷‍♂️

When?

Same for McAtee.

Almost a quarter of the way through the season.
Berge & Ndiaye ahead of them.
What's going to change?

We're winning. I'm happy but we're in danger of losing at least one of them.

So what’s the solution? Are you suggesting we play players who aren’t currently good enough to get into our team just so we don’t lose them?

So now it appears that we have ourselves a loan player with contractual limitations then??

I remember the deal being labelled as a ‘loan with the obligation to buy’ should certain criteria be met?

So do we now assume that the deal includes some sort of appearance clause? And that we don’t want to hit that clause prematurely as it would trigger an obligation to buy the player permanently?

Mega ball ache if this the case and poor business.

Back
Top Bottom