Can’t help but feel for Khadra…

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
Don’t want to detract from another quality win and another huge leap forward, but I can’t help but feel for the lad.

He comes on late midweek and scores, bagging us all three points in an otherwise frustrating fixture. He then spends the whole today sat in the stands……

Just seen the expression on his face as Billy stands poised to come on as sub…I get he’s the goat, our captain, our hero and all that. But at 2-0 up, does he deserve to walk on that pitch over Khadra??

I know this decision will be supported by Billy’s ability to hold up play in the final third and all that….but Hecky always talks about winning the shirt?? Billy’s done nowt to warrant that over Khadra…. Can’t be good for the lads morale??

This illustrates how strong the squad is right now- If Khadra doesn't get minutes. When the injured players start coming back- Hecky really does have that ideal situation with a pack full of options. I don't think the dip will come this year because the injured players coming back will spur us on.

Khadra will get good time- fair play to Billy his short cameo was great- full of intelligence- IMO Billy is an extremely clever footballer.

I feel for the lad atm, but it's about getting the job done and getting the points. Both achieved. We didn't want to open the game and Billy can hold up the ball better than anyone. It also game Sir Billy a gentle return to the team before the international break.

Khadra will play a very important role for us this season and I'm sure he will get aot more game time pre Xmas. Needs to keep his chin up, we are winning and scoring and he just needs to wait for his chance.

Don’t want to detract from another quality win and another huge leap forward, but I can’t help but feel for the lad.

He comes on late midweek and scores, bagging us all three points in an otherwise frustrating fixture. He then spends the whole today sat in the stands……

Just seen the expression on his face as Billy stands poised to come on as sub…I get he’s the goat, our captain, our hero and all that. But at 2-0 up, does he deserve to walk on that pitch over Khadra??

I know this decision will be supported by Billy’s ability to hold up play in the final third and all that….but Hecky always talks about winning the shirt?? Billy’s done nowt to warrant that over Khadra…. Can’t be good for the lads morale??
Agree

Tis a team/squad game.

That said, I was expecting at 2-0 to not be risking Billy returning “too early” for the sake of it just before a break.

The manager and his team know best though.

Heckingbottom is very good on the man management side of things. Being a manager is tough, and it’s impossible to please all of the people all of the time, but Hecky thinks about this and is honest with his players, which they like. Plus, he has a plan for these things.

We're risking losing him in January

He should have come on over Sharp, sentiment aside

There's also the appearance number required to trigger the permanent deal so that's another thing to throw into the mix, easy chances to bump those appearances up when it makes tactical sense should be taken

Tis a team/squad game.

That said, I was expecting at 2-0 to not be risking Billy returning “too early” for the sake of it just before a break.
Can't say given we don't know the medical staff's view of things, but they might have been thinking this was a prime opportunity with the game effectively dead and done to give him a run out. If he doesn't get that fifteen minutes today then it's another two weeks before the chance comes up again.

To OP's point, I get it. I feel for Khadra right now. Might be like I said and we took the chance to get Sharp some match time and see how he's feeling, but Khadra can feel hard done by to not have more minutes under his belt.

Regards Billy, weren't we expecting an operation? Have we decided to postpone it, maybe? Anyone know anything on this? Because if it was ankle ligaments I expected him to be out till into next year

My thoughts exactly, take the last 3 games.
Hull - he should have come on for Ndaiye after we went 2 up, but remained on bench
Swansea - came on in 82nd minute to devastating effect
Today, stayed on bench.
IMO he's not getting a fair crack
Interestingly, McAtee has got minutes in all of those games??

My thoughts exactly, take the last 3 games.
Hull - he should have come on for Ndaiye after we went 2 up, but remained on bench
Swansea - came on in 82nd minute to devastating effect
Today, stayed on bench.
IMO he's not getting a fair crack
Interestingly, McAtee has got minutes in all of those games??
He does indeed seem more compelled to play McAtee. Maybe to keep City sweet

I thought Billy made more sense. Khadra well rested and will probably play for Germany u21’s
Yeah agree. It was against a physical side, not chasing the game, not much in terms of counter attacking possibility as they always had men back.

Same for McAtee, last time he played against a physical side he was hooked at HT.

If both of them are likely to play 90mins for the U21s next week then even more reason to rest them. I’m certain they’ll feature more after the international break

Yeah agree. It was against a physical side, not chasing the game, not much in terms of counter attacking possibility as they always had men back.

Same for McAtee, last time he played against a physical side he was hooked at HT.

If both of them are likely to play 90mins for the U21s next week then even more reason to rest them. I’m certain they’ll feature more after the international break
Why would we rest Khadra for Germany U21s

We're risking losing him in January

He should have come on over Sharp, sentiment aside

There's also the appearance number required to trigger the permanent deal so that's another thing to throw into the mix, easy chances to bump those appearances up when it makes tactical sense should be taken
What inside knowledge do you have of the agreement? Is there a minimal appearance clause if so it’s not been mentioned and he’s played in 5 from 10. What are you claiming the clause is set to? 75% 80% 90%?
He also was never going to come on for McBurnie as we needed that more physical player. He’ll get his chance but he needs others form to drop off and currently that not happening.
Mcatee is in the same boat and they’ll understand the need to be patient.

Surprised he didn’t come on for NDiaye, he would have tried to hit them on the break.

The only thing I can think is that Hecky doesn’t fancy him at the moment & would rather go with tried & tested.

Shame for the lad as I bet he was buzzing for today following Tuesdays goal.

It will be interesting to see which games Hecky goes for McAtee & Khadra because they’re going to get their chance soon enough presumably

Regards Billy, weren't we expecting an operation? Have we decided to postpone it, maybe? Anyone know anything on this? Because if it was ankle ligaments I expected him to be out till into next year
Might be Billy’s decision. Last year of his contract and highly unlikely he would get a new one at 36/37, certainly not if we go up. Helping us get back up, perfect end to his sufc playing career for him and the club.

Might be Billy’s decision. Last year of his contract and highly unlikely he would get a new one at 36/37, certainly not if we go up. Helping us get back up, perfect end to his sufc playing career for him and the club.
Yep I was thinking similar

Back
Top Bottom