CONFIRMED Cameron Carter-Vickers

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

and did your parents have the imagination to give you a middle name? Or was that too non-working class for them too? I ask in seriousness, because most kids of my generation didn't have middle names. It was thought of as "posh" and unnecessary in the society I grew up in.

Somewhere around the early 70's though, things began to change and we had all these American names coming into fashion - probably because folks had heard them on American TV shows which were becoming very popular around the same time. Names like "Wayne" and "Cody" and "Brett" and shite like that. (I nearly added "Kyle" and "Courtney" to that list, but I won't).

It's interesting the trend with names. And it can say a lot about your social class - the one you came from at least. I particularly dislike the "Surname Clan" trend. You know, the one where folks give their kids a Christian name, that isn't really a Christian name at all, but a surname. Like calling someone "Harrison" for their first name. Let's hope the poor kid's surname isn't Harrison as well or someone is going to think he's got an impediment when they ask him his name.

As regards to double barrelled names - my wife had the idea that she would keep hers and adopt mine as well when we got married. Until I pointed out that it made for a rather unfortunate combination which would get us noticed for the wrong reasons. She eventually gave up on that idea and just adopted mine. Then, I bred the bitch and got two sons - so my name lives on while hers crumbles in the dust. :D (Not that I'm sensitive about it).
The first American names came to the UK in the 60's with Darren from "Bewitched".

I think I read his parents are divorced, but his private life is none of my business.

I just hate double-barrelled names.
Before the start of the season I thought we'd have enough up front to get by but I'm not convinced, having seen us a few times. Maybe CW feels the same.

I posted several times on it pre season. To me it was blindingly obvious. 5 strikers, 3 of them old men with no pace. 1 can head it but can't play with his feet. 1 can't head the ball and never even tries to win it in the air outside the box. 1 always injured, another not played for 5 years and another never played at this level. Jesus H Christ! (Not having a dig at you btw Bushblade - I just find it exasperating and hope to God Wilder had more foresight than some on here and anticipated it).

The best two undoubtedly being Clarke and Sharpe ( but they can't play together apparently - that's handy then?). Then we have some placing huge faith in Lavery, huge! Like he's going to be our saviour this season - incredible.

The best thing that can happen now is to play Brooks up front. That's our get out of jail card for now. Meanwhile start looking for a striker with some pace and power sharpish.

Apparently there's a good relationship between us and Spurs. So if this loan works out well it could put us in a great position to get more players on loan from them in the future.

If only we could get Sterling in. Never going to happen though.

Cameron Carter-Vickers has joined Ipswich on loan for the rest of the season

https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2018/january/carter-vickers-on-signing-for-ipswich-town/

“I didn’t expect to be called back. I thought I would be at Sheffield for the season but then I got told Ipswich wanted me It’s all happened very quickly but I know Ipswich are a big club & it’s an exciting opportunity for me. I looked at the Championship table & Ipswich are only 4 points off the Play-Offs so hopefully I can help the team push on & compete for the top 6 places. I’ve really enjoyed Championship football. It’s a demanding league & there are a lot of big clubs in the division. Ipswich are 1 of them & I’m thankful for the chance to come & play here"

Can't fault his effort for us but sadly a bit too inconsistent and made too many costly mistakes. Good luck to him and I think there is a good player in there for someone in the future.

It’s a shame Tottenham didn’t believe in his ability to fight for the shirt.

Back
Top Bottom