CONFIRMED Cameron Archer signs for the Blades - 4 year contract

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

blades78

Reaction score
After a good loan spell at Preston, Villa are reported to be looking to loan him out again. Send Mcburnie out on loan and either Jebbison/Osula, then get this lad in.

Forward line of Sharp, Brewster, Ndiaye and Archer should do us.

Could be a good shout. Heard good reports on him. Preston must be a front runner mind you, as they'll want him as first choice striker again

After a good loan spell at Preston, Villa are reported to be looking to loan him out again. Send Mcburnie out on loan and either Jebbison/Osula, then get this lad in.

Forward line of Sharp, Brewster, Ndiaye and Archer should do us.
Only four strikers is a gamble for the whole season.

You literally read my mind mate. This kid can replace MGW. I’d love for us to sign him. Permanent this time

He would be a great signing, looks to instinctively know where to be to get on the end of chances like Billy and he can finish. Scored regularly for Preston. He has just broken through to get regular appearances at Villa off the subs bench, but I suspect that the pressure on the new manager will see him look elsewhere for the immediate future at an alternative striker.

Get brewster loaned out to hudds in Jan and bring this lad in.

We'll have spoken to Villa 100%

That's a big call. I'm not sure the Prince will be signing off on strikers given we have McBurnie, Brewster, Sharp and our own youngsters out on loan.

Hopefully he'll sign off on 2-3 players to help push us over the line though..

Cameron Archer would be a great addition, he was one of the best forwards in the league when on loan with PNE. Their fans raved about him.

That's a big call. I'm not sure the Prince will be signing off on strikers given we have McBurnie, Brewster, Sharp and our own youngsters out on loan.

Hopefully he'll sign off on 2-3 players to help push us over the line though..

Cameron Archer would be a great addition, he was one of the best forwards in the league when on loan with PNE. Their fans raved about him.

As we've discussed before I think, Wilder's promotion seasons showed a value of bringing in a striker for the latter half the season. Can bring something a bit different to help us get over the line.
Plus, how many playoff campaigns have we been in with no strikers? Always helps to have more rather than less at the end of the season.

Edit - to answer your point of signing off 2-3 players. In what position? Defence we're overstocked once everyone's fit. Maybe midfield to replace Khadra, and provide cover for Berge? That and a striker are the only immediate improvement areas I see. Getting a striker in also may mean can send Jebbo out on loan.

As we've discussed before I think, Wilder's promotion seasons showed a value of bringing in a striker for the latter half the season. Can bring something a bit different to help us get over the line.
Plus, how many playoff campaigns have we been in with no strikers? Always helps to have more rather than less at the end of the season.

Edit - to answer your point of signing off 2-3 players. In what position? Defence we're overstocked once everyone's fit. Maybe midfield to replace Khadra, and provide cover for Berge? That and a striker are the only immediate improvement areas I see. Getting a striker in also may mean can send Jebbo out on loan.

I think we're a body light up front, I would look for a loan player that offers something different to what we have that is happy to be in a rotation.

I would look to offload Khadra and bring in a proper, athletic, combative, central midfielder to cover Norwood's flaws and allow Berge to stay more advanced where he's dangerous.
If there's any money, I'd try & bring in somebody permanent here - somebody that's good to go.
Doyle can cover then AM (Khadra hole) & CM.

My last signing would be Egan cover. Clark can do the job, but that would then leave us light at LCB. I think we've got away without Egan cover for a long time.
The lad might also need a rest at some point! We really do flog him (& Norwood).

I think we're a body light up front, I would look for a loan player that offers something different to what we have that is happy to be in a rotation.

I would look to offload Khadra and bring in a proper, athletic, combative, central midfielder to cover Norwood's flaws and allow Berge to stay more advanced where he's dangerous.
If there's any money, I'd try & bring in somebody permanent here - somebody that's good to go.
Doyle can cover then AM (Khadra hole) & CM.

My last signing would be Egan cover. Clark can do the job, but that would then leave us light at LCB. I think we've got away without Egan cover for a long time.
The lad might also need a rest at some point! We really do flog him (& Norwood).

Yep I'd be looking similar. One attacking loan, and a midfielder of some variety. Should we get a CM, then look to offload Fleck (QPR with Wilder ideal).

RE: Defence. 5 CBs covering 3 positions is what we've tended to have the last few years. Should Egan break his leg then I guess Clark goes there, with JLT at LCB. Don't forget RND can play LCB should we need, whenever he's back.

Yep I'd be looking similar. One attacking loan, and a midfielder of some variety. Should we get a CM, then look to offload Fleck (QPR with Wilder ideal).

RE: Defence. 5 CBs covering 3 positions is what we've tended to have the last few years. Should Egan break his leg then I guess Clark goes there, with JLT at LCB. Don't forget RND can play LCB should we need, whenever he's back.

True, but it sounds like Anel could be out for a while, along RND.
Basham and Robinson have been in poor form.
I'd feel a lot more comfortable with one more competent body back there.

True, but it sounds like Anel could be out for a while, along RND.
Basham and Robinson have been in poor form.
I'd feel a lot more comfortable with one more competent body back there.
What does it mean for a while?

for a short time

Definitions of for a while. adverb. for a short time.

What does it mean for a while?

for a short time

Definitions of for a while. adverb. for a short time.

He hasn't returned to training yet. It's been a few weeks already. The tone in which PH said it made it sound quite serious. Standard illnesses don't usually take a few weeks to recover from..

I already know that you have interpreted his comments differently to me as you like to point it out every time I offer my take.

He hasn't returned to training yet. It's been a few weeks already. The tone in which PH said it made it sound quite serious. Standard illnesses don't usually take a few weeks to recover from..

I already know that you have interpreted his comments differently to me as you like to point it out every time I offer my take.
How do you know he hasnt returned to training yet ?

Back
Top Bottom